Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Posting the list of movies that are releasing this November. 

November 1 

Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad
Motherless Brooklyn
Terminator: Dark Fate (Directed by Tim Miller who is the executive producer of the Sonic movie)

November 8 (Friday)

Doctor Sleep
Last Christmas
Midway
Sonic The Hedgehog

November 15 

Charlie's Angels
Ford v. Ferrari
The Good Liar

November 22 

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Frozen 2
Playmobil: The Movie
Rhythm Section

November 27 

Knives Out
Queen & Slim

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I have been hot with a deep depression know knowing that this movie won't be out until 9th January here in Australia. I honestly don't know what to do.

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

I’ve been waiting for a Sonic movie my whole life... it may be a bad movie but it will still bring me lots of joy. 

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you for the understanding. It will be very costly but I think it’s something that needs to be done. I simply can’t wait u til January. 

Wow, you are from Australia? I always thought you are from Greece?  Damn, that sucks, that your country is getting the movie a little late. Anyway, I'm glad and happy that you like the movie. I'm also excited for the movie as well. Good luck trying to achieve that. I hope you can do this. Traveling can be risky and expensive.

If anybody is curious, here are all the release dates for all of the countries so far. Singapore is added to the list.:

Spoiler
Portugal 7 November 2019  
Russia 7 November 2019  
Singapore 7 November 2019  
Slovakia 7 November 2019  
Canada 8 November 2019  
Turkey 8 November 2019  
USA 8 November 2019  
Brazil 14 November 2019  
Bulgaria 15 November 2019  
Mexico 15 November 2019  
Romania 15 November 2019  
Denmark 21 November 2019  
Italy 21 November 2019  
Sweden 22 November 2019  
Australia 28 November 2019  
Hong Kong 28 November 2019  
Israel 28 November 2019  
Norway 29 November 2019  
Belgium 17 December 2019  
Germany 19 December 2019  
UK 26 December 2019  
Spain 27 December 2019  
Hungary 2 January 2020  
Netherlands 30 January 2020  
France 5 February 2020  
Ireland 13 March 2020  
Japan 23 May 2020  
New Zealand 10 July 2020

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if this had been posted yet. Created by Jump_Button on ResetEra. So far I think this is the best fan edit I’ve seen because the bigger, more expressive eyes give Sonic so much more character. Also, bigger hands and fangs instead of weird human teeth. 

5etugMA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Thumbs Up 2

So, let's get these last few before posts out of the way.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:15 AM, Unidus said:

Jim Carey looks like the villain from Lazy Town... and to be honest, I love it!! 

This movie is going to be legendary!

20190430_011640.jpg

Why is one of his google len's black?

On 4/30/2019 at 2:03 AM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Yup. There's Jim Carry with his eyes locked on that pesky animal in front of him.

Snoopy. 

Jim's role as the Red Baron here is going to be quite the send off for the Schultz universe I tell ya.

Ch'yeah. :lol: 

On 4/30/2019 at 2:16 AM, Tarnish said:

With the same approach, can we get a live-action My Little Pony movie where the characters are real life horses, just painted to their colors?

That moment when Big Macintosh becomes Average McIntyre.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:44 AM, Scritch the Cat said:

Since when is looking good the point of a villain?  Sure; it might be in the case that the villain is duplicitous, but outwardly menacing villains are often stylistically ugly on purpose.  Think of The Penguin from Batman; almost every incarnation of him is fat, long-nosed and overdressed.  He's not supposed to sell his actor's identity; he's supposed to sell his character's identity.  Granted he's been more often animated than live-action, but the point stands either way.  Indeed, outlandish-looking characters can make more of an impression when live.

Yeah.

And even then, there's Batman Returns.

And now...

On 4/30/2019 at 8:48 AM, Blueknight V2.0 said:

It's here everyone!

zLvyAzG.gif?noredirect

I appreciate the work that goes into all the fan edits and redesigns but I don't think the design is workable. There's just too much about it that's hard to look at even after tweaks.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I saw this earlier and it's pretty great how the best edits are the ones that completely drop the spirit of the movie and just make sonic look like regularass sonic.

Almost like they should have done that to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 9

14 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Its a shame when movies with actual passion and effort like Missing Link by Laika get only 15 million revenue

missing-link-pic-1555098390.jpg?crop=0.9

Didn't this flopped due to lack of advertising?  I never heard of this film until now.  Shame, that look like an good movie to watch.

BTW, found this comic. Looks kinda accurate.:

D5bhuKKW0AAbD5G.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

47 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So, let's get these last few before posts out of the way.

Why is one of his google len's black?

Ch'yeah. :lol: 

That moment when Big Macintosh becomes Average McIntyre.

Yeah.

And even then, there's Batman Returns.

And now...

zLvyAzG.gif?noredirect

Oh, I got one. Jim Carrey's Eggman looks like Joseph Stalin.

Uh oh, this doesn't sound good.

Here is the Sonic fan film director's reaction to the trailer. He also hate it.:

• Thumbs Up 4

Just another thought on the speed as a superpower discussion, but I've never liked it when locomotion of one's own body requires outside input. Super strength doesn't require being turned on, enhanced senses don't require being turned on, enhanced healing doesn't require being turned on, yet once someone exceeds a human athlete in physical locomotion and the nervous system to accommodate that we need an on switch. It's just daft to me and honestly annoying, especially when applied to Sonic.

Yes super speed is easily overpowered, especially when considered as a natural physical ability as that now means that you have to account for the physical strength that accompanies the physical ability to run at the speed of sound. It's a pretty daunting task if you stop and think about it, but it has been considered before. As far back Sonic Cd in the ending animation you see Sonic tear apart a group of badniks with his bare hands on top of shoving one directly into the ground. There was no speed used there, just the strength that is needed to achieve that speed.

Crazy at it sounds though superspeed as a physical ability with the physical and neurological abilities that would naturally accompany it can still be written to be challenged. For example, Sonic is described at moving at speeds exceeding Mach one. but did you know a sniper rifle fires rounds at around four times that speed? So while Sonic definitely dodge munitions fired from lower caliber firearms, the higher the caliber the more challenging it would be for him and this is without even using an on/off switch for his speed. It just simply isn't needed since the trick to an average person shooting him is to predict and calculate his movements to counteract his reactionary ability and speed, skills that are to Eggman as breathing funny enough.

Anyways, to me giving someone like Sonic who has always been described as just naturally fast an on/off switch for his speed is kind of like saying you have to turn on your ability to breath anytime you want to breath. It just doesn't sound right. Besides, there is a reason Sonic is known for his impatience and dislike of slow things.

2 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Super strength doesn't require being turned on, enhanced senses don't require being turned on, enhanced healing doesn't require being turned on,

I mean. Unless the writers decide they do. And it's not hard to imagine reasons why they might want or need to turn off their powers; super strong guy keeps breaking things, super senses guy gets overwhelmed trying to process everything, super healing guy turns into tumor man. Or maybe their powers just burn too much energy passively or something. It's hard to say that a superpower can't do or be something when they're a made up idea and different interpretations serve different kinds of stories.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Well yeah, and so was The Last Jedi, a movie I thought was okay. The point is that the negative reception to these films pushing for diversity can totally be a product of issues with the movie, but that people complaining about them daring to be diverse is a group that doesn't seem to be getting smaller, and will always be worth taking into account as having partially tainted the results. Personal opinions on execution and detail are fine but I don't think those are what was being discussed.

Perhaps movie makers should focus more on telling a story rather than pushing for diversity, which as a non-white Mexican, is an aspect that I could not care any less about... Unless this is something Hollywood does touse as human shields knowing very well who will be the first in line to defend their mediocre films.

And no, TLJ was terrible because it's director was more focused on subverting expectations than on telling a story and building up on what JJ had established to the point that Episode IX is going to be damage control.

And just like there are people who gives flak to movies for being diverse, there are also equally dumb people who think that honest criticism equals bigotry against said diversity, which is why I detest both sides equally since the rest of the majority of sane, functionalpeople get trapped in the cross-fire of two very loud minorities.

• Absolutely 1

This is beginning to sound like the live-action Thunderbirds movie. It was far removed from the original source material, and basically looked like a Spy Kids movie. Most of the Tracy family was stuck in space for most of the film while they had Alan Tracy (astronaut of Thunderbird 3 in the TV series) as a kid, fighting off the advances of the Hood and two bumbling Hoodlums alongside a kid Tin-Tin and a young son of Brains. Also it looked like a product placement film for Ford (something that even the director Jonathan Frakes admitted), since all the vehicles were Fords. That was because FAB1, Lady Penelope's car, was a Ford rather than a Rolls-Royce

The thing in @CaptainRobo 's post about SEGA being shut out reminds me of how Gerry Anderson, the creator of Thunderbirds, was shut out of being a creative consultant because there were enough creative people on the payroll. When Anderson finally got to see it, he called it "the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my entire life". Relatively speaking, apart from the language used, he prefered Team America: World Police more.

I could relate to those who had been waiting for Sonic to make his first full length big screen appearance. Thunderbirds was and still is a big thing for me. In terms of televisual entertainment, Thunderbirds and lots of other Gerry Anderson works are the biggest thing for me these days. Thunderbirds already had two puppet movies back in the 60s which flopped (like Sonic has that OVA which was the closest thing to a Sonic movie at the time), but knowing of the existance of a Thunderbirds live-action movie was pretty exciting to me. That movie had a song written by Busted! called "Thunderbirds Are Go", and the band were at their prime at the time. I used to watch the music video to that on the free music channels all the time. It was so hype everytime I saw it. That single went to number one and was their last number one to date.

So some could imagine what I felt like when I went to the cinema to finally see one of my favourite shows make its live-action big screen debut. Wow

Aaaand at the time it was OK. My 15 year old self wasn't seriously impressed with it, and now I wouldn't break my heart if I never watched it again. Its gotten worse over time. Its just not a Thunderbirds movie. I'd seriously consider the puppet movies "Thunderbirds Are Go" and "Thunderbird 6" are better movies for the franchise because it has International Rescue doing what they do best, attempting epic rescues.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Gabz Girl said:

Not sure if this had been posted yet. Created by Jump_Button on ResetEra. So far I think this is the best fan edit I’ve seen because the bigger, more expressive eyes give Sonic so much more character. Also, bigger hands and fangs instead of weird human teeth. 

5etugMA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Yea they should have given him sharper teeth

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Perhaps movie makers should focus more on telling a story rather than pushing for diversity, which as a non-white Mexican, is an aspect that I could not care any less about

There’s no reason why those two have to be mutually exclusive. Why not push for quality work AND inclusion when appropriate or beneficial to a work? We’re in a era where the group of people films can reach out to isn’t as limited anymore and while you might not care, some people would appreciate if the industry wasn’t so adamant about ignoring certain groups (or tokenizing them) constantly as if their group has no interest or worth to include outside the stereotype.  That doesn’t mean the have to be included in every piece of media, but it is a important issue worth addressing and criticizing Hollywood over.

but this is really off topic and has nothin to do with Sonic, so best we just move on.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Perhaps movie makers should focus more on telling a story rather than pushing for diversity, which as a non-white Mexican, is an aspect that I could not care any less about... Unless this is something Hollywood does touse as human shields knowing very well who will be the first in line to defend their mediocre films.

And just like there are people who gives flak to movies for being diverse, there are also equally dumb people who think that honest criticism equals bigotry against said diversity, which is why I detest both sides equally since the rest of the majority of sane, functionalpeople get trapped in the cross-fire of two very loud minorities.

You can't "both sides" this shit if you don't even know what you're talking about. How the fuck do you think making a film works? "Oh no, I spent too much time on this character being black and forgot to make the story good"? It's not even done by the same PEOPLE usually, and if you have a problem with the writing, directing it at diversity only makes your argument and understanding of the production look weaker. Literally n o t h i n g about the writing depends on the characters' race or gender. Call the writing bad if that's how you feel, you're entitled to that opinion, but it has nothing to do with diversity, and displaying the lack of understanding or sense to insinuate that it does? Yeah, you shouldn't be fucking surprised if people call that bigoted.

• Thumbs Up 8

Okay, so, I guess it's finally time for me to give thoughts on the trailer.

• The question why creeped to mind while watching this.
  • Why did they have to cast the guy from Hop in this?
  • Sonic having a pile of various sneakers is kinda neat.
  • Sonic looks like the boy from Jumanji and sounds like Dewey Duck--pleasant combo there.
  • To the point, his face is not working, from an appealing(for lack of a better word) standpoint to an expressive one. Though he does look good when he's going fast.
  • Jim Carrey(because I don't know what name they're going by) wasn't exactly funny in this. Or very Eggman, for that matter.
  • Actually, much of the humor was really funny in this. The closest was the elevator scene.
  • Got Sonic 06 vibes from the robot and mech designs.
  • Warp Rings.
  • The last shot is kinda neat, but oozes of being put there to soften the blow. Also, why is Diablo Desert in this?

Also, here's SomecallmeJohnny's thoughts on the matter. 

On 4/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Marcello said:

Uh. Well... Sonic looks worse than the leaks lol. Jean-Ralphio is good as his voice. The only joke that landed was the child in the bag stuff.

Eggman looks good at the end, but Mushroom Hill in the background looks amateurish?

That's what gets me about it. Not only is it off, but its very much NOT what the concept art showed.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:00 AM, Tracker_TD said:

Sweet Jesus. 

The only nice thing I can really outright say is the final scene with Eggman is perfect - but also that’s apparently just right at the end of the film, so we can’t even have that.

D5ZwXOMW4AASK-c.jpg

...and people thought Sonic’s lips on the Modern renders were bad. 

Seriously.

Also, looking at this freezeframe, I wonder if those eyes were actually shrunken, given the amount of space and the whiteness underneath it.

Just imagine if they made this with a 3D viewing option. 😏

On 4/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, Tara said:

I had pretty low expectations and was still blown away by how bad it looks.  Everything about the trailer is at its best generic, at worst absolutely groan-inducing.  Nothing about the trailer, not the animation that is somehow WORSE than the leak, not the wretched jokes made worse by absolutely dreadful execution that even Jim Carey couldn't save, not ONE thing struck me as "good."

I did at least thing the rings in the Paramount logo were creative, but that's about all I can say.  If there's anything this movie reminds me of it's.. er...

Woody_Woodpecker_U.S._DVD_cover.jpg

Not even kidding.

Reminder we have a BABY version of this coming soon, if that merch listing is anything to go by.  As if we NEEDED more nightmare fuel.

Wouldn't it be some shit if the Baby version actually ends up looking truer to the source?

On 4/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, Diogenes said:

He's so gross.

I don't even understand how they managed to make him look so gross. Like, he's legitimately visually repulsive. I thought I had actually started to get used to the design but no, seeing it in motion is so much worse.

That's a good way to put it, actually.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, Diogenes said:

Still don't know why he looks like that for most of the movie when they actually came up with a pretty decent look for him in the last shot though.

One would hope it was a progressive thing, but the scenes on the skyscraper look like a fairly late in the movie thing.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jango said:

I'm the only one who didn't found Jim Carrey's scene funny? He just sounded... Annoying. "Here's a bunch of fancy words and -SCIENCE STUFF-, you don't get it because you're DUMB! BOOO". 

Not funny at all... Felt forced.

Visually he looks nice at the end, but in the other scenes? That's just the Lazy Town guy playing Ace Ventura.

No, I didn't either.

In general, it just came off as basic immature douchebag who's smart rather than anything that actually at least seems Eggman.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, Demondeano18 said:

How anyone can actually defend this rendition of Sonic I do not know, film look's so bland and boring. It's been emotional lads, I'm outttttt! Peacccce!

imageproxy.php.jpg

Oh my goodness, you know something else fucked up I just realized? Sonics' face there looks like it was actually lifted/scoped/capped from the guy who plays Tom.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:41 AM, PeterPancake said:

I really like the design. Sonic looks like a really creature that has some anatomical rooting in really and that's what I've wanted. So I'm happy. I'm excited to see Tails, Knuckles and Amy. 

No, no! Oh my goodness, keep Amy as FAR away from this as possible!

On 4/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, Kazhnuz said:

Sonic is strangely cute (and I like how they portray him as some kind of "child"), and I like the idea of making him so smoll.

Which is [not] funny considering his face doesn't look like a child. 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Mayor D said:

It's not a chaos emerald! It's Sonic's hair!

Look! 
Edit: Ok images won't load, here's the tweet. Just click the Movie image and you'll see the hair.

How do you mess up Mushroom Hill!?

By being incomplete?

On 4/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, kimplix said:

Quite a bombshell on posters today. We got one coming from France

IMG_20190430_164452.jpg

See, now that almost looks kinda fun.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, Meta77 said:

Why do people assume the film will fail. 

Because you always win when you are good.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, Failinhearts said:

Would make sense for the story, the military is reluctant of hiring Robotnik because he's a crazy guy with childish lolking robots, but he's effective and that's why he's right for the job.

Well, yeah actually.

So I made this post on Twitter. Well I wasn't going to post it here, but to give a better idea I will.

I just showed someone (who's not exactly a big Sonic fan like I am) the Sonic film trailer. Basically they said that. it doesn't look too bad, Sonic's legs look weird and looks better than R&C (this case, never played an R&C game). Huh? What?

Now I'm Not complaining about if someone likes or dislikes the Sonic Movie based on the trailer. But it's apparent this film "may" be pointed at newcomers rather than long time fans.

Something else I want to bring up though. If anyone thinks that the design might get improved after all this feedback (like I did), well there may Not be enough time.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:10 AM, Plasme said:

He's got the annoying traits of the Modern Sonic games but without what makes him interesting or well rounded.

To be fair, it's just a trailer. 

Given everyone's saying that some previous leaks have come true, there's almost certainly gonna be some levels of vulnerability in there. Also because that's just how movies work.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, Austroid said:

It's weird that they didn't namedrop "Eggman" or "Robotnik" when they introduced Carrey; he just kind of shows up... kind of a lame reveal actually.

It could've gone something like:

"You're not suggesting who I think your suggesting..."

"Yes... Dr. Eggman. (or Robotnik) He is the world's leading expert in technology. He has the resources to help us figure out what exactly we're dealing with."

*cue Eggman reveal shot*

Yeah, that is rather odd.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:49 AM, Jango said:

Guys, guys, remember the insider said the movie will mostly aim for the general audience and the actual Sonic stuff will be only easter eggs? I finally get it!

full analysis 1.jpg

This is a reference to Sonic Unleashed's intro! They really nailed that look on Sonic's face!

Oh my goodness, does he have a mustache?!

On 4/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Tara said:

Every time I see that shot of Sonic's surprised face, I'm reminded of that animation style where they'll record live footage of a pair of lips in the process of talking and then superimpose it onto a 2D image. It's that level of uncanny to me.

Syncro Vox, if I'm not mistaken.

Spoiler

Not even Sonic wearing the toasty goodness of DT Merch can salvage this movie.

Korey - It's like James Marsden driving an uber in Zootopia.

• Chuckle 1

On 4/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, Marco9966 said:

I want the reviewers to bash it as much as they can!

What do you expect when the filmmakers have no passion towards to the source material and only want the easy money?

CGI is shit, I could say this movie was made in 2006 (pun entirely intended) and it would be believable!

Sigh

Hasn't a Sonic movie been getting tossed around for decades anyway?

On 4/30/2019 at 12:31 PM, Marcello said:

I honestly don't get why they went with such generic robots. Surely, more unique robots would sell more merch?

One would think that, yes.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, Harkofthewaa said:

You know what, I think that Robotnik here is supposed to be some sort of military person who ends up getting constantly bested by Sonic and devolves into insanity. Which actually sounds interesting. Hey, it's gonna probably be a better story than 06, so that's something.

Yeah, this is an idea/interpretation that could easily work.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:41 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

I actually don't have a problem with robotnik using drone technology. They are all the rage these days and an earth-centered villain would theoretically have that kind of tech available. It's probably really fitting especially if it moves closer to badniks as the movie goes along.

Sounds like something he would do LOL

Edit did anyone else get satam vibes from those hover drones? That is a tiny Easter egg I guess

Oh yeah, they do look like those too, don't they?

On 4/30/2019 at 12:58 PM, Tara said:

I wasn't on board with Detective Pikachu and still am not too fond of live action Pokémon designs.  But if this movie has done anything, it's helped me appreciate Detective Pikachu innumerable times more.  It may not be my cup of tea, but the kind of kind of care and attention to detail that went into it is clearly visible.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Marco9966 said:

It's easy to tell which movie had more care put into it

Didn't somebody mention that this allegedly had fans of Sonic working on it?

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a ton of concept art and alternative elements that simply the kabosh by the higher ups.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:01 PM, Marco9966 said:

They wouldn't even put out the budget to get the new pop song !!

Look at this: they kept the original designs because they work! What's so unimaginable about keeping the original Sonic design too?

pokemon_detective_pikachu_ver3_xlg.jpg

I need to go to the appropriate thread to react to this.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, while I'm not a fan of Sonic's movie design by any stretch of the imagination I will say this: separating the eyes and making his arms blue were good choices IMO.

• Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

D5a3HyOXsAA2KgC?format=png&name=900x900

I saw this earlier and it's pretty great how the best edits are the ones that completely drop the spirit of the movie and just make sonic look like regularass sonic.

Almost like they should have done that to begin with.

Seriously, this edit is PERFECT.

Well, a whole day has passed since the trailer now, I still don't believe it's happening. I am being 100% honest when I tell you guys that I really actually felt embarrassed watching the trailer. Like, ashamed. It gave me some kind of bad shivers, ya know? I didn't even found it "amusingly bad", I simply felt bad watching it...

Goddamnit SEGA, for how much? HOW MUCH Paramount promised you? Why did you signed the goddamn paper? Why you keep doing this to your own property? 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, Milo said:

So some comparison shots/gifs with Sonic and the live-action/animation hybrid movie Hop from Illumination (yes, Despicable Me/Minions Illumination) has been going around (this particular one was from tumblr) :

tumblr_pqs6w9kFrt1x0bvwko1_540.gif

The main purpose people have been sharing this is because of the actor allusion in-joke, James Marsden playing a live-action character having to put up with a non-human character and driving them around. But the reason I'm bringing it up is just to compare how much worse the design and animation for Sonic is in this shot is compared to the one with E.B. (the CG rabbit) above.

Again, why did they have to cast the same guy?

On 4/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, Nicky Nicardo said:

even though Sonic did look not-so-good in SOME shots, he looked awesome in other shots. xDDD

Yeah, couldn't help but notice that.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, Tarnish said:

All of what you said is true, but it just dawned on my why exactly Sonic's design is so freakishly offputting: he looks kinda like he has a human face that's been painted over...

At least I'm getting kinda similar vibes as from this..
ducktales2.thumb.jpg.526e98ee0a25efd23d6ab2b4f802e775.jpg

Gosh grief...

"It's Chili Dog Time! Yeah-yuh!"

On 4/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, MadmanRB said:

latest?cb=20130627000811

Oh my goodness, I thought that was a really bad Gamora.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, StaticMania said:

Does anyone else think Sonic's face look worse than those leaked concept designs?

I think it looks worse, so...it kinda kills me.

YES!

On 4/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, PeterPancake said:

I like to see the positive in things. Also, at the time when Sonic 06 was revealed at E3, nobody knew the game would turn out to be such a huge disaster. Sonic for Next Gen was a huge selling point. 

As for Boom, I looked at it as a fresh start for the ffranchise and I welcomed the new designs because I could understand the logic behind why certain choices were made (I know people don't like to hear this)

I'm not conceding to defeat with this movie yet but I don't think they should have made some of the choices they did. 

On the left is a kid in some weird pajamas, on the right is something that offputting for odd reasons.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:55 PM, Dr Ryan said:

I think some execs just wanted something 'very 90s' to accompany 90s franchise. I don't think much more thought went into it than that.

Which honestly isn't that bad of logic.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, MadmanRB said:

Still fuck using gangsters paradise...

This is the song to use for a bloody sonic movie:

You know what, that might actually have fit.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:19 PM, CaptainRobo said:

One of the co-producers for the movie posted this.:

I'm both skeptical and cautiously optimistic on the movie.

Now what does that face remind me of?