Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

They need to fix Sonic's belly. It's white. Not the right color. It was really bothersome in certain scenes.

The tranquilizer dart scene needs to be 100% redone. Yikes.

His arms need to be the correct, flesh toned color, and his eyes need to be larger. I don't care if they are separate, just make them bigger. 

At this point, I say go full Roger Rabbit and don't even bother making him CGI. Just have a 2D, hand drawn Sonic in this.

9 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Think they are gonna have to put those Baby Sonic plushes on hold...

If that tranquilizer dart scene was any indication, I shudder at how bad baby Sonic must look.

15 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

It can NOT be a coincidence that the “Sponsored products RELATED to this item” section shows primarily scary horror masks.

And real talk, that’s even MORE horrifying than the movie design.

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

It can NOT be a coincidence that the “Sponsored products RELATED to this item” section shows primarily scary horror masks.

And real talk, that’s even MORE horrifying than the movie design.

There's your Gangsta's Paradise right there. I can see gang wars in GTA V going on with people wearing this masks.

• Nice Smile 1

I know SEGA has essentially no control over the film, but I wonder if they might have stepped in with some sort of proposal to get Paramount to redo the design.

Before this week, I thought the movie would suck quietly. Now given how much discussion I've seen in the mainstream, I think there's a chance this film could have been legitimately damaging to the brand because of Sonic's appearance. Sonic is an iconic character and this really screwed up his (literal) image.

Sega Europe launching a Sonic movie clothing range.

1 hour ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Before this week, I thought the movie would suck quietly. Now given how much discussion I've seen in the mainstream, I think there's a chance this film could have been legitimately damaging to the brand because of Sonic's appearance. Sonic is an iconic character and this really screwed up his (literal) image.

Either they really underestimated how mainstream Sonic the Hedgehog still is or they overestimated how good they thought their trailer was. I'm gonna say both.

Despite how inconsistent his quality is, you don't do this to a video game icon and have people sleep on it. That's what Sonic is.

We're in the endgame now. 

b58.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2
  • My Emmerdoods 3

16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Sega Europe launching a Sonic movie clothing range.

Who wouldn't want to walk around wearing that thing's face on a shirt?

So what are they gonna do about merchandising having a different design if it's changed?

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

So what are they gonna do about merchandising having a different design if it's changed?

If they were wise set it on fire

• Thumbs Up 1

If they're willing to fix some of this crap, it'll be better if they delay this for a year or two. To fix Sonic's horrid design as well as the lame @$$ script that needs an overhaul, getting rid of the uselessness that is Tom (replaced with Tails) as well as the cliche military/govt. baddies. Or better yet just do a hard reset on the whole thing to make it fully animated. But sadly Paramount already dug their money pit grave worth of $90 mil for this sh!t already and minor tweaks won't cut it.

Anyways, even though it's been talked about how Gangster's Paradise is an ill fitting and low energy song for Sonic (how is any of this gangster anyway?), I'd like to throw in some better suggestions that are fits proper, being more energetic, amp/pumped, upbeat, catchier and/or speedy tempo. Or at least, fits Sonic mostly, not necessarily the trailer.

Spoiler

Speaking of the Blue BLUR, I think this song is more apt esp. with the WOO-HOO/chorus that can easily be matched when Sonic bursts into high speeds.

Going with something a bit ironic in title but still catchy as well as matches Sonic's persona lyrically wise (even if out of context) esp. with the part

Cause 99 miles per hour, baby is how fast that I like to go

and that alone fits better than all of Gangster's Paradise:

Or for something just for a speedy pace and fun/playful despite lyrics, maybe something like this:

7 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

If they were wise set it on fire

No but seriously, I could see it being a problem for licensees who are making tie in products. What about pre-rendered commercials etc? They're doing a sho tie in with Pumas. If the shoes change, what happens to that?

If I were to suggest an alternative song from the trailer, I'd go into my love of Pet Shop Boys and put forward Young Offender

If you by the title alone, it goes with the predicament that Sonic finds himself in, causing trouble no matter how unintentional and being chased by the law. This song was recorded and released in 1993 when Pet Shop Boys were at their peak. It comes off their only number 1 album Very and it fits in with early 90s pop like nothing else. Its also stated that the music of Sonic the Hedgehog and other video games of the time more or less attributed to how this particular song sounds.

The only real problem it has is its an album track, so unless you're a casual Pet Shop Boys fan at least, its not really known to the masses unless someone told you.

We joke but honestly at this point the movie seems beyond having anything worth salvaging.

Another addition to the long list of Sonic things that can't be fixed so you may as well trash it and start over from scratch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I made this account JUST to talk about this, because it's hard for me to hold it in anymore.

For the past 2 days, I've seen so much negativity about this movie, it just boggles my mind. People are even going  so far as changing the design with Photoshop.

Really guys... REALLY? I'm asking this respectfully... are you all living in the past? Wearing nostalgia goggles? I feel like some people just need to learn to accept change. A lot has been said about this fanbase being unpleasable, and to me, this has never been so obvious as right now.

Let's see what nit-picky stuff people are complaining about... Sonic's mouth... wow, really? The movie sucks because of his MOUTH? What else... "his cheek shape is wrong". WOW, for real, guys? THAT'S why the movie sucks? Oh, and the eyes. Of course, OF COURSE people would HAVE to complain about Sonic's eyes. Oh THAT's rich... never heard THAT one before. How does any of this affect the movie's story? Let's focus on the positive, rather than the negative!

Besides, I'm sorry to have to say this, but these are all just OPINIONS. Just because you guys dislike it, doesn't mean everybody has to! We have the right to like things you don't like, you know. Does it make people feel good, taking away something that others like?

Some young people are going to grow up, and to them, this will be THEIR Sonic. Maybe it's not made for you? Can we all just get rid of the nostalgia glasses for one second, and stop acting like the world revolves around us?

Let's break the annoying image of being a group of unpleasable whiny nitpickers. Let's just embrace this in good faith, with positivity, and look towards the future, rather than be stuck in the past!

I, for one, will certainly do so. So... WHO'S WITH ME?

Buck that. I dont care if the animators have to work overtime. Sonic has a real basic motherbucking design across 5 cartoons, over 50 games plus AND 3 to 4 comic book series. There was and is NO excuse to get his design so wrong. I'm glad they are fixing it cause who ever thought that getto mess of butthole crap was decent needs to lose their job money and respect. It should've never hit the drawing board. Why are people this stupid? When sonic freaking 06 is better then you, then you lost ALL respect. The fuck. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I don't see what's so wrong with it. I mean, he's still blue... still has red shoes... spiky quills... I really don't see how it looks that different than what we're so used to. They just gave his limbs a bit of definition, that's all.

1 minute ago, StopNitpicking said:

Well, I don't see what's so wrong with it. I mean, he's still blue... still has red shoes... spiky quills... I really don't see how it looks that different than what we're so used to. They just gave his limbs a bit of definition, that's all.

Yeah, and so do actual bootlegs. What's your point? There's a shitton more to representing a character than a tiny list of bullet points.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, StopNitpicking said:

Ok, I made this account JUST to talk about this, because it's hard for me to hold it in anymore.

For the past 2 days, I've seen so much negativity about this movie, it just boggles my mind. People are even going  so far as changing the design with Photoshop.

Really guys... REALLY? I'm asking this respectfully... are you all living in the past? Wearing nostalgia goggles? I feel like some people just need to learn to accept change. A lot has been said about this fanbase being unpleasable, and to me, this has never been so obvious as right now.

Let's see what nit-picky stuff people are complaining about... Sonic's mouth... wow, really? The movie sucks because of his MOUTH? What else... "his cheek shape is wrong". WOW, for real, guys? THAT'S why the movie sucks? Oh, and the eyes. Of course, OF COURSE people would HAVE to complain about Sonic's eyes. Oh THAT's rich... never heard THAT one before. How does any of this affect the movie's story? Let's focus on the positive, rather than the negative!

Besides, I'm sorry to have to say this, but these are all just OPINIONS. Just because you guys dislike it, doesn't mean everybody has to! We have the right to like things you don't like, you know. Does it make people feel good, taking away something that others like?

Some young people are going to grow up, and to them, this will be THEIR Sonic. Maybe it's not made for you? Can we all just get rid of the nostalgia glasses for one second, and stop acting like the world revolves around us?

Let's break the annoying image of being a group of unpleasable whiny nitpickers. Let's just embrace this in good faith, with positivity, and look towards the future, rather than be stuck in the past!

Well it doesn't matter now because the design is being changed. The complaints are not the minority, they are the overwhelming majority. 

I honestly do not hate the design myself but I can see where some of the issues are coming from. Sonic does look like the monkey kid from Jumanji.

Also, you gotta calm down a bit, man. The mods don't tolerate it 

In the year 2525, if Sonic is still alive, if the fandom can survive, they will find....

How modern!Sonic or even Boom!Sonic looked way better than movie!Sonic, even if they entered the fandom through this movie.

11 minutes ago, StopNitpicking said:

Considering your username, flippant attitude, and intentional distortion of people's arguments in this topic, I had half a mind to ban your account. I don't believe for a goddamned second you're interested in participating in discussion in good faith. But I won't. But I am going to tell you you're going to have a miserable hell of a time convincing anyone that anything you say is worth listening to.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really sorry if I offended anyone. What was offensive in my message? I didn't use any swear words...

Sonic does look like the monkey kid from Jumanji.

Well, I do see your point. But remember, that's all opinion.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Despite your username, flippant attitude, and intentional distortion of people's arguments in this topic, I'm not going to outright ban you, but I am going to tell you you're going to have a miserable hell of a time convincing anyone that anything you say is worth considering. 

I'm really, really sorry. I did read the rules but I don't really understand what I said that was wrong. I'll try not to swear so much anymore. Really sorry.