Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Let's not start flooding the topic with memes.

I put them all in only one post

Can I SPOILER them???? it took me time to search the different sites for them

3 hours ago, Tara said:

Wait wh-

omg

Finally, Sonic made it into the mainstream as so many people wanted!

For all the wrong reasons, but let's not worry about tiny details.

It was cool that he recognised Green Hill Zone though, and I liked the way the band played it in a really depressing way, as if they were commemorating Sonic 😛 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marco9966 said:

I put them all in ony one post

It doesn't change the fact that they take up the space of about 5 or 6 posts. Posting six image macros just for laughs is too much, as it clutters up an otherwise good discussion (a positive change for this topic).

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Pawn said:

It doesn't change the fact that they take up the space of about 5 or 6 posts. Posting six image macros just for laughs is too much, as it clutters up an otherwise good discussion (a positive change for this topic).

I wanted to show its popular on mainstream! They get 80k (not a small number) of upvotes  reddit

• Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I wanted to show its popular on mainstream! They get 80k (not a small number) of upvotes  reddit 

You can just type that information and link to the post? Anyway, that's all I'm saying on the matter.

• Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Pawn said:

It doesn't change the fact that they take up the space of about 5 or 6 posts.

And that many again when it gets quoted with some small reaction several times.

Just now, Pawn said:

You can just type that information and link to the post? Anyway, that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Oh okay then, here are the links to the popular memes (turns out reddit links show themselves so I just put them in spoiler):

Spoiler

Leaked Tails:

WiZ5mkR.jpg

Huh, caught up to myself. 

Anyway, this is a mess. This is kinda what I dreaded about this movie--not just that it would look and/or be bad, but that it would get a lot of the wrong attention. Just going by what I've seen up to page 395, we apparently have crew members having to block people and big name stars using their time between showbiz to snark at it.

Goodness.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:05 PM, tailsBOOM! said:

Here's one that could have perfectly worked (Saw this on Twitter):

Credit to the OP

Oh wow, you know what, this is more or less the type of song, music, and even some feel that should've been given off.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, CaptainRobo said:

A cool thing that I just discovered that was seen in the trailer. Apparently one of the voice actors from an very old Sonic TV show had an cameo appearance in the movie.:

Gareth did mention that.

Huh. Look at that.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:34 PM, PeterPancake said:

Made an editPicsArt_04-30-05_33_07.thumb.png.94fba96874bc20af68cb66426d5ce833.png

Not sure if mine is better or worse 

It almost looks a bit like he's strung out.

And yes, he definitely has a mustache.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, Miragnarok said:

That’s the problem with Exact Words: Dumbo the Garfield won’t be like the Smurfs because there’s only one of them, and there’s a military, and it’s set in a small town, or other minor points, rather than the core of the film, make this part of a long, declining line of films from Scooby-Doo all the way up to Dumbo. 

As for this affecting the rest of the franchise; did the RE films ever affect the games? In any way? I hope this applies to Dumbo the Garfield, too.

Oh what, do people not like Dumbo either?

On 4/30/2019 at 10:55 PM, CaptainRobo said:

This is so much better.:

Huh, that acutually doesn't look bad. The hands are messing with it, though.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:27 AM, Blueknight V2.0 said:

I think this somewhat fits.

But I never expected, Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park/World) to get in on this too. Even though it's more of a joke.

Okay, that's funny. :lol:

On 5/1/2019 at 1:36 AM, KHCast said:

This is so fucking ironic right here, I can’t tell if it’s intentional or not.

It reminds me of the live action smurf film, so still gets a no from me....that and the body still is horribly messed up looking 

No one really knew who Chadwick Bosman was when Black Panther came out(well there was civil war, but still for the most part) and he was still able to break records with his film. Most of the actors there were still really off the radar to most.

No, you're missing the point--the box office determines a movie's success. It doesn't matter what actors, directors, etc. you have--if your movie doesn't make money, it's realistically a failure.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:11 AM, CaptainRobo said:

Someone just made Shadow in movie style. Yea, I know they just paint Sonic with some black and red from one of the scenes seen in the trailer. What do you think?

tumblr_pqsfl8UMmy1u4i7hv_1280.jpg

Furaffinity, what?

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed actors do not sell films for me. It's the actual plot and story. I liked black panther for the character finally getting a film and the story. I could care less for the actor in most any film.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow that was quick fix for Sonic's design:

Spoiler

Though seriously that the ripoff character design looks more decent than Sonic's and that this is fully animated really hurts inside. Also, there's a female love interest named Rose (sans Amy) and speaking of the Dio Brando jokes with the trailer scene with Sonic and missiles, Dio's VA is actually in the ripoff movie, no joke!

How is it that the ripoff movie, even though not that great, feel like it get things more right than the actual $90 mil Hollywood budget one?

On 5/1/2019 at 5:47 AM, Marco9966 said:

Its a shame when movies with actual passion and effort like Missing Link by Laika get only 15 million revenue

missing-link-pic-1555098390.jpg?crop=0.9

It apparently went up to 22.5 according to Wikipedia.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:22 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Speaking of movies with ugly character design.

Well that's a stop motion movie about Gigantopithicus for ya.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, Splash the Otter said:

I don't know, I'll have to ask him.

Okay.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Able to run fast enough to completely slow down time and make it basically stop so he can mess around with bullets, missiles, and what have you - seemingly unable to pull off the same trick to dodge a police officer and dodge a tranquilliser dart. 

Isn’t this basically like if Quicksilver in Days of Future Past pulled off the amazing Time in a Bottle scene only to be unable to avoid a punch from Magneto?

That does happen at what appears to be late in the movie compared to the latter's early on.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just realised something pretty ironic. Remember another iconic bald-headed villain who was done absolutely shit in a recent film that had gone on to be disliked due to how awful it bastardises the source material. Remember how he - similar to Eggman here - starts off looking nothing like how he's meant to, and gradually changes to how he should be over the course of the movie, but by the time it happens, it's too little, too late, and the character already has soured their chances because of how different they were throughout the entirety of the movie?

*ahem*

latest?cb=20160325071427

Lex Luthor says hi, Eggy.

Oh shoot.

Also, context sensitive, but hi Marluxia.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:55 AM, Indigo Rush said:

It's implied in interviews and in the Reddit leak that Sonic is still learning to control his speed. Him getting shot (I refuse to acknowledge it's a tranquilizer, if I dream hard enough maybe Sonic will finally be dead) is at the first act of the film when he meets Tom, so you wouldn't expect him to Quicksilver his way out of that.

Stop making me defend this movie. 

Oh, so it's been outright established. Okay..

On 5/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Tarnish said:

Oh great, so he's basically like .

Spoilers.

And Frisk.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Former Sonic movie writer make an joke about the movie.:

The who now?

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

People are positively reacting to the fact that their obvious concerns have been validated once the public at large got wind of the movie; despite all the Paramount gladhanding that had/has been going on in this thread about how artistic intent will be ruined or how this is just Sonic fans overreacting or how "SONIC NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE THAT BECAUSE THIS IS LIVE ACTION HYBRID!!!" The effect it will have on the creative team will naturally be so low down on the thoughts of the minds of commenters that it is probably irrelevant; just like it is for the people in the trenches for all entertainment products. It's about 80 years too late for anyone in that field to be surprised about potential crunch time in the end due to changes even if complete character redesigns this late are generally rare; and I would be more surprised if the movie wasn't delayed anyway.

I guess, that’s a fair point. I still hope the teams don’t have to deal with a huge workload as a result of this. 

The most annoying thing here, is that this likely was due to upper managements out of touch stubborn decisions in the first place. I’m sure people raised concerns about the creative decisions made but were ignored, and whatever consequences now will happen, is on them to fix. Guess we just wait now and see what the plan is. Best I can hope for is a delay like others have said.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The who now?

He and Evan Susser (Fist Fight) used to be the writers of the movie, but were replaced by Patrick Casey and Josh Miller. However, they do get credit for the story. He used to be around on this forum a few years ago. I do remember he did try to calm everybody down and not worry about the film being like other typical Live Action CGI films. He say that we will all be surprised.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

Sadly, I don't think the movie did surprised people, now that the damage had been done.

8 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't think the movie did surprised people

Oh no, it surprised them..in a "How could they think this is a good idea?" kind of way.

• Chuckle 1

There is no way they can alter the design now and release the film on time. Either they make minor changes involving the the angles of the quills on Sonic's head, the head shape, eye shape and fixing the mouth proportions and expect it to release on time. 

At this point, if Paramount really cares about this film and want it to be good. They will delay it. Pushing it for its original release is dumb if it's unfinished and proper edits haven't been made. We don't want another 06. 

5 minutes ago, DCFCSonic20 said:

We don't want another 06.

What's another black sheep for this franchise? It can join the evergrowing flock.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Hmmm, the Eiffel Tower seen in one of the posters interested me. There was a girl named Emma Oliver, who is playing Parisian Little Girl. I wonder if the movie will take place in Paris for a bit?:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers/

sonic_the_hedgehog_ver5_xlg.jpg

Thinking there will be a montage of Sonic showing off his powers by traveling the world really fast.

It sounds like the kind of predictable thing they'd do for humor.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Tarnish said:

What's another black sheep for this franchise? It can join the evergrowing flock.

Basically this. A grand majority of people expect this movie to be crap because 1) It's a video game movie, and 9/10 of those suck, and 2) It's Sonic, being done by people in this day and age that clearly don't understand anything about the character.

Just another addition to the ever growing pile of crap. And it's a big pile with a lot of room for more.

21 minutes ago, Tara said:

Thinking there will be a montage of Sonic showing off his powers by traveling the world really fast.

Well, that seem possible. There was a scene of Sonic getting chased by Eggman's drones in Egypt.:

D5axNPaVUAE4PPs.jpg

Maybe, Sonic is going on a world tour? Lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Tara said:

I like how golden rings as portals fits perfectly in the real world, but cartoonish hedgehogs? THAT'S GOING TOO FAR!!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

06 actually had potential to be good and the game was rushed to release for its deadline. And was the worst thing in the franchise as a result.

Other games were doomed from the start like Forces for example. 

Calling the film a black sheep so early is just plain laughable.

6 minutes ago, Tara said:

They run fast and then windy things happen.

It's the good jokes, because if he just runs...that's not funny.