Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Unfortunately that twitch test didn't work. The worst part was how we weren't able to talk about any stuff I wasn't supposed to. I probably would have deleted the stream afterwards, but I never got the chance to do it so that never came up!! Oh well. wink.png

Do you need any help? their are a few avid users of Twitch here who can be able to assist you in anyway possible.

Come on, now. The fact that we have someone working on the movie right here is the first sign that they can at the very least pretend they know what they're doing.

You have to realize that Sony has the final say on the film. Sadly, it's not up to Van, even though he's writing the script. Given Sony's questionable practices in regards to film, and the fact that, as far as I'm aware, the Smurf's movies have toilet humor, it makes sense to be at least a little wary of the fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those are my sentiments as well. If there was a great Sanic joke/reference I came up with that I really liked, I suppose I could convince myself, but it would be a tough sell (to myself).

So no stupid pingus joke I hope. 

• Thumbs Up 2

In terms of power raising the stakes.

Master Emerald anyone? 

Emeralds>Rings wink.png

I agree the Master emerald should be in the movie, its a great source of power and having eggman power upp some crazy machine with it would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree the Master emerald should be in the movie, its a great source of power and having eggman power upp some crazy machine with it would be awesome.

Since this movie might be a sort of an origin story I'm betting the Master Emerald along with Angel Island will appear, those always do when Knuckles is involed (with the exception of some recent games).

• Thumbs Up 1

An adaption of Sonic 3 would be a really cool thing to see, to be honest. But...I don't think that we're looking at an adaption for this film.

An adaption of Sonic 3 would be a really cool thing to see, to be honest. But...I don't think that we're looking at an adaption for this film.

Who knows, maybe the movie will merge Sonic 3 with other stories, perhaps we could even see Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles merged to make the movie, obviously with additional elements and character development.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows, maybe the movie will merge Sonic 3 with other stories, perhaps we could even see Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles merged to make the movie, obviously with additional elements and character development.

I agree. A mix between Sonic 2 & S3&K would be great! It's a oportunity to show Sonic, Tails and Knuckles becoming friends.

Okay, that would be amazing. And I would love to see Knuckles pulling his tricks on them, too...

Though I really hope we get to see the chaotix! //loves the chaotix

Sonic CD may be a bit much to squeeze in, it could almost be its own movie, what with time travel and Little Planet, Amy, Metal and the Time Stones etc.

I could see Sonic 1-2 being combined into a movie tho. Sonic running into Eggman for the first time, meeting Tails on his way saving critters and collecting Chaos Emeralds. They follow Eggman to his base in Scrap Brain, wreck his piston machine and force him to take off to the Death Egg, Tails flying Sonic up there in the Tornado and gets shot down, big battle with Silver Sonic (or some kind of Mecha Sonic prototype), followed with a bigger battle Super Sonic vs Giant Egg Robo, explosions cripple the Death Egg and having it fall during the credits to land on Angel Island in an after the credits scene with a brief appearance of Knuckles looking on.

Then you could have 3K as the next movie, cause we all know how they love setting up sequels even if they may not happen.

Heres an interesting concept for a live action movie.  Sonic the Hedgehog and the surrealistic world is just the product of a elderly and mentally disturbed Doctor. 

http://the-regressor.tumblr.com/post/89908641686/dr-ivo-eggman-robotnik-3d-view-here

Oh my God.

I almost want this. It's like Shutter Island all over again. Someone confronting some grand, nefarious nemesis... and then they find out that they're actually just hallucinating it all.

Such a twist wouldn't be proper unless the film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan, though. tongue.png

Oh my God.

I almost want this. It's like Shutter Island all over again. Someone confronting some grand, nefarious nemesis... and then they find out that they're actually just hallucinating it all.

Such a twist wouldn't be proper unless the film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan, though. tongue.png

A better comparison would be The Lego Movie.  That ending came out of the ether and blind sided you with something creative. 

I loved The Lego Movie. The live-action parts in that film aren't bad at all. If this Sonic movie turns out something like that, then I wouldn't mind. Not all live-action films turn out bad, which sadly most people here believed from the very beginning that it will be.

The announcement of the movie is nothing. The trailer is however. The trailer will definitely tell us if the movie is going to be an Alvin-like film or a Lego Movie-like film. That's why my feelings towards this film will remain neutral until then.

The LEGO movie isn't really a live action film and it was never advertised as such. That's why the live action twist at the end was so clever and came out of nowhere! The live action was never shown in trailers, clips or anything, so the film is still strictly an animated feature.

For the Sonic movie however we know it's going to be a live action/CGI hybrid. I hope it'll have scenes similar to the LEGO movie, but I don't think that will happen.

Heres an interesting concept for a live action movie.  Sonic the Hedgehog and the surrealistic world is just the product of a elderly and mentally disturbed Doctor. 

http://the-regressor.tumblr.com/post/89908641686/dr-ivo-eggman-robotnik-3d-view-here

HahaaHAHaHaAHaaha, that's genius!!! It reminds about this fan trailer about the truth about Batman movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RppxhOdby4

I think using this concept of humans as seen in Lego The Movie, in a Sonic movie, would destroy too many childhoods...

-

Btw, as for the live action part, I hope we get something like this, at least(1:16):

So we could have Dr.Eggman as a CGI character.

I'd rather not have the story to a Sonic film be summed up as an "Ash Ketchum was in a coma all along" / 'childhood ruined' copypasta story, thank you very much. :v

Untitled-3+-+C%C3%B3pia.png

Also, we don't do image only posts here. Since you're new here though, it's cool. Just make sure it doesn't go down again without more input! 0:

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, me neither. That's just not my cup of tea, though I'm sure the Lego Movie pulled it off well. (I seriously need to see that movie one day.) 

When I heard that these movies were going to involve live action I became less enthusiastic.

is what we got last year & I can't see the professionals doing a better job given their track record.

When I heard that these movies were going to involve live action I became less enthusiastic.

is what we got last year & I can't see the professionals doing a better job given their track record.

I reckon that the movie will have a much bigger budget and better quality. But other then that I'm not enthusiastic for it either. The awful fanfilm is the first thing that popped in my head when I've read about this especially if the rumor about it being dark and gritty is true.

I give the Sonic fan film a lot of slack, except for some of the script. I mean... really? A mass production of Gamma units well before the starting of Sonic 1? Really?

But I mean, they're fans.

These guys, no. I won't give them any slack whatsoever. They're supposed to be professionals and they're supposed to be guided by SEGA's influence (who are supposed to know their own franchise, but that's questionable).

They have all the tools and sources, they should make it work.

• Thumbs Up 1