Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Aren’t test screenings the equivalent of focus testing? So who’s to say they didn’t pick people with biases or enough ignorance regarding the source material, or are just easily impressed, etc. idk, I’m not taking test screening responses to mean much, nor one guy on Twitter that personally enjoys it. 

Was watching the italian dub of the Sonic Movie trailer. Not really any different than the original, but I noticed when the rings fill the Paramount logo there's an echo effect used. I don't know why, but I really like the sound of it. It would be nice if they use that in the final cut of the film.

You can hear Sonic's footsteps at the beginning of the trailer when he runs through the forest. This was muted in the American trailer.

Also, there's a brief shot of Carrey walking away from Bennington that wasn't seen in the American trailer.

Lastly, this was in the American trailer too, but I didn't notice it until now. A bunch of men in black suits surround the area in the background whilst Carrey is talking to Bennington. So Robotnik has human henchmen I guess.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, Mega said:

This might be a reasonable compromise. All this person did was adjust the face slightly and it looks so much more bearable.

This would be a step in the right direction.

7 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

This would be a step in the right direction.

Still a million miles away for me, although it is an improvement. I really think the eyes are the main issue here by a long way. They are so iconic to the design. Look at Sonic Team's logo or the original Sonic Adventure teasers for how important that mono-eye thingy is in making the character instantly recognisable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

Still a million miles away for me, although it is an improvement. I really think the eyes are the main issue here by a long way. They are so iconic to the design. Look at Sonic Team's logo or the original Sonic Adventure teasers for how important that mono-eye thingy is in making the character instantly recognisable.

The mono-eye would look freakish in a live action movie, and i think Sonic looks better with separate eyes anyway.

1 minute ago, Splash the Otter said:

The mono-eye would look freakish in a live action movie

Can't look worse than what we've already got.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

The mono-eye would look freakish in a live action movie, and i think Sonic looks better with separate eyes anyway.

Could and would argue that Sonic is a 3-foot tall, bipedal, speedy blue hedgehog that speaks fluent English. That's pretty freakish by default.

2 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Could and would argue that Sonic is a 3-foot tall, bipedal, speedy blue hedgehog that speaks fluent English. That's pretty freakish by default.

Not really. Stuff like that is standard fare in any furry/anthro series.

If they textured it and his face too realistically, yeah, the mono-eye would look freaky. Like he's a literal cyclops.

Just now, Splash the Otter said:

Not really. Stuff like that is standard fare in any furry/anthro series.

I imagine anthros would look rather freaky in real life, but maybe that's just me and my "Never seen a bipedal, fur/scaled covered creature out and about acting as if they were human" bias.

4 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

I imagine anthros would look rather freaky in real life, but maybe that's just me and my "Never seen a bipedal, fur/scaled covered creature out and about acting as if they were human" bias.

You've never seen a particularly hairy guy before then.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Oh no!

The literal definition of "captive audience".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4
  • My Emmerdoods 2

14 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Oh no!

Yea, it got played before Detective Pikachu. Everybody laughed and complained according to this guy.:

17 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Oh no!

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The literal definition of "captive audience".

3 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yea, it got played before Detective Pikachu. Everybody laughed and complained according to this guy.:

I'm seeing it in a few hours, and expect the audience reaction to the Sonic trailer will be the first of many treats!

10 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

But we've been told for weeks now that movie going audiences wouldn't care and that Sonic had to be realistic otherwise people outside the fandom would reject it... 

Are you telling me the exact opposite is happening!?

• Chuckle 9

I guess the bright side is that Sonic is still leaving an impact on consumable media. 

Granted, it's yet another cautionary tale, but it's leaving an impact.

It is amazing to see Sonic talked about on mainstream media including on TV... Even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

I can't find the video online... But during commercials the SYFY channel has been showing a clip of 2 woman talking about how Sonic's design on the movie looks bad and was ripped apart by everybody online and how the design will get changed later.

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Oh no!

Them teeth aside, I don't see how Sonic could possibly be any worse than Pikachu. 😒

The only thing really wrong with the Sonic movie is his design, and they already confirmed they are changing that. 

17 minutes ago, Myst said:

The only thing really wrong with the Sonic movie is his design,

Oh come on... It's not the only thing and you know it.

Just now, Mayor D said:

Oh come on... It's not the only thing and you know it.

Opinionated.

21 minutes ago, Myst said:

The only thing really wrong with the Sonic movie is his design,

I dunno. The writing hasn't inspired much confidence either.

• Thumbs Up 6