Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Lets make it look bad then say we'll change it 2 days later but still put it infront of other movies. Great plan.

• Absolutely 2

Not that there was any reason to doubt, but the trailer is indeed getting laughed at/groaned at in theaters:

This entire thing is a disaster. 

• Absolutely 9

"Kill it with fire!"

*Screams, laughter*

"NO!"

People need to stop believing this was done deliberately.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Lets make it look bad then say we'll change it 2 days later but still put it infront of other movies. Great plan.

There is a deadline for this sort of thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Not that there was any reason to doubt, but the trailer is indeed getting laughed at/groaned at in theaters:

This entire thing is a disaster. 

Hey, it made people laugh one way or another. That's a victory, right?

People laughing will always be my favorite part of anything...it's pure.

And the Sonic the Hedgehog move trailer making people laugh is...is just so wholesome.

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

And the Sonic the Hedgehog move trailer making people laugh is...is just so wholesome.

Too bad there was nothing going on in the trailer people are supposed to be laughing at, so there's that.

• Chuckle 1

There not lauging with the movie or because its funny.

There lauging at it because it doesn't look good. 

I almost feel bad, its like the movie is being bullied. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 2

So, is Tim Miller going to be blame for this? He was the one who make the decision to make an realistic Sonic.:

This is sad, because he is the guy that directed Deadpool which was a good film and also directed Terminator: Dark Fate, which sounds promising. BTW, that movie is coming out the same month as the Sonic movie.

38 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

"They're" not lauging with the movie or because its funny.

I know, but it still makes me happy anyway.

Hearing too many laugh tracks has made me appreciate real group laughter much much more than normal.

1 hour ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

There not lauging with the movie or because its funny.

There lauging at it because it doesn't look good. 

I almost feel bad, its like the movie is being bullied. 

At least Sonic is finally getting mainstream recognition, right guys

Remember when Sonic Mania came out and Sonic was finally getting mainstream attention for a good reason for a change?

...Can that happen again? Anything to distract from the depressing reality of this movie?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

There is a deadline for this sort of thing.

Which it what makes the intentionally bad conspiricy just that little more dumb.

2 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Remember when Sonic Mania came out and Sonic was finally getting mainstream attention for a good reason for a change?

...Can that happen again? Anything to distract from the depressing reality of this movie?

There's Team Sonic Racing...tho I wouldn't blame you for not caring about that game.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

I dunno, got gods phone number? 😛

• Chuckle 1

35 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

There's Team Sonic Racing...tho I wouldn't blame you for not caring about that game.

And the IDW comic. Again, won’t blame you for not caring, though to a lesser extent. 

So the movie is a complete disaster because two or three people in a theater somewhere didn't like it? We're going to ignore all the positive test screening reactions? The 360K likes on YouTube? 111K likes on twitter?

Judging a movie by its trailer is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody remember this? Haha, oh man. 

1247324407_Whatifsonichadaliveactionmoviepleasedear_630a46_4585107.thumb.jpg.8ae3f043999d2ec41f64edd72586969e.jpg

That's what I imagine Sonic would have looked like had this movie come out in the 80s

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Judging a movie by its trailer is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

Judging a movie by it's trailer is like judging any piece of media by promos and teasers.

Judging a movie by it's Poster is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

And that's like...forgetting that movies come in cases with boxart, so there's that.

• Thumbs Up 2

This movie will flop

This movie is the first time Sonic is as much as a laughing stock as Bubsy. Seriously, who actually thought this design was good? Everyone hates it.

Also, this movie has every hated cliche done with adaptations. Why?

3 hours ago, Myst said:

Slightly different. A trailer literally exists to show you, "This is why you should go see our movie". If your trailer sucks, people are far more likely to think your movie sucks.

• Thumbs Up 8

13 hours ago, StaticMania said:

People laughing will always be my favorite part of anything...it's pure.

You...do understand that they're laughing because it looks like garbage right?

• Absolutely 3

Again, I bring up what @PeterPancake brought up a while ago. Sonic has several posters, two trailers (one of which we only know through a description), merchandise listings, and plot details public already, whereas Terminator only has a few screens and a clip shown privately at CinemaCon (which I estimate, based on the description, to be at least a minute and a half). Sonic’s trailer was officially shown off at CinemaCon and released to the public about a week or so ago, yet Terminator is only just now getting it’s first trailer done and is being released in a few weeks despite the fact that it’s coming earlier. Again, how is it that the movie that has the lower budget of the two and is coming out later already has more material than the one that has the higher budget and coming out earlier.