Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Will Tails be Sonic's sidekick in this or just a friend? If the later, will Sonic be something of a lone wolf?

If you ask me its a little too early to speculate on it considering all we have are some registered domains - I just hope it turns out better than the Fan Movie (which from an aesthetics standpoint should be no problem considering it will most likely have a larger budget...)

If you ask me its a little too early to speculate on it considering all we have are some registered domains - I just hope it turns out better than the Fan Movie (which from an aesthetics standpoint should be no problem considering it will most likely have a larger budget...)

Uh....the movie was confirmed weeks ago. One of the writers is a member here and posts in here often.

I hope they let Archie Comics characters like Sally Acorn(Sonic's ''girlfriend'' is freaking Amy, and not this thing)  and others out of this movie... But it would be nice to see forgotten characters like Fang and Bean again.
-
Btw, Van, what do you think about this movie(have you seen it?)?

Totally agree. I'm well aware of his actual popularity vs internet forum popularity.

That's great to hear. Glad you guys are doing some proper research :)

I think Shadow would be better left for a sequel. The first one should really focus on Sonic and friends versus Eggman. I think it would be much better if Shadow was the main plot point of one of the sequels, I feel it would really give his character time to shine unlike how he's been handled in the game universe lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

They already did that with the Adventure series. There's no point to keep pushing certain characters to the side. Shadow can work just as well as Tails and Knuckles.

I think Shadow would be better left for a sequel. The first one should really focus on Sonic and friends versus Eggman. I think it would be much better if Shadow was the main plot point of one of the sequels, I feel it would really give his character time to shine unlike how he's been handled in the game universe lately.

I agree 100%. That's why a movie based of in Sonic 1/2/3&Knux would be cool. So they would have time to introduce the main characters, the chaos emeralds, the world of Sonic and everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no reason to hold off from introducing them. The games have been holding off from them for quite some time and the results are not good.

@Dan neither Sally or Amy are technically sonic's Girlfriend. Just female friends he's had adventures with. Not to say both haven't been romantically or attempted to be romantically paired up with him in certain continuities at times. But I would say currently standing, both are just friends.

The reason that I think that Shadow should be in a sequel is because of his alias as an anti-hero. I think giving him more focus and therefore more screen time would benefit the character greatly. Let the classic crew have the focus of the first movie, with Shadow having a full blown role in the second. He isn't getting pushed to one side, in fact, he would be getting more attention than him just appearing in the first.

@Dan: After the reboot Sonic & Sally's realstionship is fairly ambiguous. There was a what of future years back where she & sonic were married. But as of now Sonic isn't allowed to date anyone in the comic not Amy, not Sally, not anyone. Which is for the best cause shipping wars are stupid. And both Sally & Amy are awesome and should not be belittled by stupid shipping wars.

BOT: I still say a short Stan Lee style cameo for the Freedom Fighters would be fun to see in the film. But hey, to each their own.

I think a short little cameo of the Freedom Fighters would be a nice nod to the fans.

Totally agree. I'm well aware of his actual popularity vs internet forum popularity.

I would ask for your opinion on Blaze the Cat, but then again you should play both Sonic Rush games to make a better judgement about her (or at least watch the cutscenes on youtube lol)

There's really no need to repeat that, or push certain characters to the side with a possibility to reuse them at a later date. Shadow could work well with the classic crew if there's motivation for him doing so.

I love Blaze & her sidekick Marine and would love to see em on the big screen. But given they live in another Dimension, I don't see how that could work without some Wibbly wobbly timey wimey Magics.

But if Blaze does show up in the movie, that would be awesome!

Agreed, if this does become a series of films Ala Transformers or Marvel Cinematic Universe, perhaps an installment could be set in Blaze's world. That would be pretty neat.

I knew it! its Hypo, I love his works! first it was the Sa1 recreation and now that, he needs to do an entire SFM Sonic game recreation.

As well done as that was...I still wouldn't want Shadow in the first Sonic movie. It's not just my personal feelings towards the character either.

Logically I imagine being for a wider audience and not just fans, as all movies, even adaptations are, it would need to be an origin story of sorts introducing Sonic, his world and the struggle with Eggman to keep him from taking over, since its the first one, and Shadow belongs nowhere near any kind of origin story. Him and the rest of the bloated cast came much later and have nothing to do with Sonic and Eggman and their first battles.

If anyone does get referenced or used it would be the classic set of characters that all met Sonic in the early years, that is if they stick with any proper timeline following the game releases etc. Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic could be possible, but it has already been mentioned that the focus would be on Sonic and Eggman so even then we can't assume that any other prominent characters will feature as they may draw attention away from that. Even I have characters other than Sonic and Eggman that I would love to see, but we gota keep expectations in check >.<

As well done as that was...I still wouldn't want Shadow in the first Sonic movie. It's not just my personal feelings towards the character either.

Logically I imagine being for a wider audience and not just fans, as all movies, even adaptations are, it would need to be an origin story of sorts introducing Sonic, his world and the struggle with Eggman to keep him from taking over, since its the first one, and Shadow belongs nowhere near any kind of origin story. Him and the rest of the bloated cast came much later and have nothing to do with Sonic and Eggman and their first battles.

If anyone does get referenced or used it would be the classic set of characters that all met Sonic in the early years, that is if they stick with any proper timeline following the game releases etc. Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic could be possible, but it has already been mentioned that the focus would be on Sonic and Eggman so even then we can't assume that any other prominent characters will feature as they may draw attention away from that. Even I have characters other than Sonic and Eggman that I would love to see, but we gota keep expectations in check >.<

And what if this isn't an origin story? What if this goes right after, say, Sonic Generations? Then they could include any character they want, also that would save the studio from retelling long origin stories and create fresh new ones (specially Shadow's origin story since it would probably take the entire movie or at least most of it to be told).

But this is just me hypothesizing, I want Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and maybe just one more character (someone like Cream or Rouge) in the first movie so they can focus on developing them right as well as the entire universe they live in, and I'm hoping for Blaze and Shadow for the sequel.

And what if this isn't an origin story? What if this goes right after, say, Sonic Generations? Then they could include any character they want, also that would save the studio from retelling long origin stories and create fresh new ones (specially Shadow's origin story since it would probably take the entire movie or at least most of it to be told).

But this is just me hypothesizing, I want Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and maybe just one more character (someone like Cream or Rouge) in the first movie so they can focus on developing them right as well as the entire universe they live in, and I'm hoping for Blaze and Shadow for the sequel.

It won't, and I feel pretty safe in saying that. As I said, movies aim for the biggest and broadest audience they can, and fans of the franchise only make up a small percentage of that audience. There will be many people in that audience that don't know who Sonic is, that haven't played the games, that haven't seen the comics or the cartoons etc. It will be an origin story, or a first story even if it lacks real origins.

I would very much like to hear of any first time movie (released at cinemas for a broad audience, not direct to DVD types like the Mass Effect one etc) based on a pre-existing game or TV series or book or anything that wasn't an origin type story, that didn't introduce the main characters first and setup the world they live in. Cause I can't think of one. Even popular ones that have huge fan followings start at the beginning.

I think it would be interesting to see Sonic Adventure adapted, and then Sonic Adventure 2. They had plot, characters, etc. Some fixing up, obviously- but they could use real people for all the army people and such, the president, etc. It would fit in that "real" setting. Even...*ugh* Shadow the Hedgehog. But it would need a lot of fixing up. But...as a follow up. It'd need a lot of work to be made into a feature length film, but I think it'd be a really interesting thing to see c:

• Thumbs Up 1