Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Maybe it's just start of bigger action

Step One: improve Sonic's design

Step Two: get Tim Curry on McDonald diet

Step Three: make horrible experiments on Tom the Cop, until he resembles yellow fox

Step Four: Just make CGI movie, you dummies

• Chuckle 5

Yay! Sonic has his gloves back. And he's still got the Boom blue arms, of course either Modern or Boom's I'm fine with. His arm looks more Sonic-like.

I'm glad it got delayed to avoid "crunch time", that was a great move. But like @Zaysho said, it shouldn't have even came to redesigning Sonic, If the design was done right in the 1st place.

44 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I don't... really understand why they need to go this far. They should have just committed to it and gotten it over with. Changing Sonic's design at this stage isn't going to magically make this a better movie, just one where people won't wince when a blue gremlin is on the screen.

On the bright side, I'm glad the crew will have more time and the crunch will be eased, but it shouldn't have even come to that in the first place.

They want to put out a good impression. Odds are this is a several picture deal. Detective pikachu's issues aside everyone see's video game as the next movie fronteer. And they want to probably make sure they get 3 movies out of it

Not saying that reason is good, but its the reason

• Thumbs Up 2

So, happy that the movie is being delayed, and also, I see that it's going to be releasing on Valentine's Day.

Here are all the movies that will be releasing in that month.

February 7 (Friday)

Birds of Prey

Peter Rabbit 2

February 14 (Friday - Valentine's Day)

Sonic the Hedgehog

Kingsman: The Great Game

The Photograph

February 21 (Friday)

Bloodshot

Call of the Wild

February 28 (Friday)

Fantasy Island

Also, it's kinda funny that the Kingsman prequel and the Sonic Movie are going to be releasing on the same day. Both of the movies were originally going to be releasing this November.

At least, the movie won't be competing against Frozen 2.

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

They want to put out a good impression.

It's a little late for that :P

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

I don't... really understand why they need to go this far. They should have just committed to it and gotten it over with. Changing Sonic's design at this stage isn't going to magically make this a better movie, just one where people won't wince when a blue gremlin is on the screen.

On the bright side, I'm glad the crew will have more time and the crunch will be eased, but it shouldn't have even come to that in the first place.

Basically this and watch people destroy the film regardless if they flop on the story

Aw, I was hoping this didn't happen.

Now there'll be a slightly less bad looking Sonic saying non-Sonic things.

A response from the actor who played Agent Stone.:

BTW, the director who directed the infamous movie, The Room posted this.:

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't think this is worth it, story's still probably going to be crap. At least the animators won't be as rushed. This should never have been necessary in the first place.. 

I wonder if they'd have to reshoot some scenes where the actors interact with him. 

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Razule said:

I really don't think this is worth it, story's still probably going to be crap. At least the animators won't be as rushed. This should never have been necessary in the first place.. 

I wonder if they'd have to reshoot some scenes where the actors interact with him. 

Doubtful as there just swapping a model out. but hey that's just how some people are. Woody woodpecker looked like himself and the story blew. Smurfs looked like their originals,  story bit. People griped on Sonics look. Story could still possibly be bad but if where going on first reactions to this news even if the stories very bad "heck it may be great" long as sonic looks ok then full fail ahead

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Tommy Wiseau's continued interest in this movie is starting to worry me.

Unless the redesign is significantly closer to the standard Sonic template, whatever new look they come up will likely end up with a similar level of scorn (I'm expecting quotes such as "9 months and that's the best they could do?").

As said before, they've brought it on themselves.

And of course, the fact that everything else we know about the film / trailer so far is super generic means reactions to the film itself, no matter what Sonic looks like, will still probably be poor. This is a brief respite from the bad publicity, but I suspect it'll only be a blip and in a couple of year's time this will just be another footnote.

Good they're changing his design but he shouldn't have looked like crap in the first place

Movie will still suck

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I'd pay double to see this if Wiseau was involved! This would make so bad, it would actually be good! 

Wonder why they didn't just did that in the first place? Oh right realism for a cartoon hedgehog and Sega not giving a crap in getting involved with their mascot's first movie.

Still even if you give your crappy broken down rustbucket a new paint job, it doesn't fix the other problems it has i.e. needing new tires, replace dead battery, etc. Or in this movie's case, bland major/side characters (James Marsden), weak writing/jokes, cliche'd Fish Out of Water and generic plotlines like other live action adaptations, inconsistent powers (Ring portals and stopping time? WTF?), etc.

It's gonna be crap regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

The delay is the first good news we've gotten about this movie in a long time.

...In fact, I think it's the only good news we've ever gotten about this movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

...In fact, I think it's the only good news we've ever gotten about this movie.

I guess the fact that it existed was pretty middling, so I get this mindset.

• Absolutely 1

it's really cool that they're listening to fan feedback.

'we hate this design!' okay, we'll change it.

'well, now we're worried about the animators and VFX artists! redesigning sonic will cause so much crunch time!' okay, we'll push the movie back a few months.

i like that. more companies should listen to pre-release criticism.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, blueblur98 said:

it's really cool that they're listening to fan feedback.

'we hate this design!' okay, we'll change it.

'well, now we're worried about the animators and VFX artists! redesigning sonic will cause so much crunch time!' okay, we'll push the movie back a few months.

i like that. more companies should listen to pre-release criticism.

I highly doubt they delayed it because of fan feedback. They were probably going to delay the movie either-way after it was decided they were actually going to change the design for real. Just because they didn't right off the bat announce the movie will be pushed back doesn't mean anything. My guess is they held off on saying they will need to delay the movie until they set in stone what the new design would even end up looking like, then afterwards asked the animators what a rough guess of time they would need in order to replace it into the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if they'll need another couple months to redesign their shitty jokes.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5

Hmm. What could this mean? 

Yuji Naka’s response:

Translation: Was Hollywood Sonic's release date postponed? I'm guessing they're going to change Sonic's design, but I wonder who is going to cover the cost. Do they think it'll be alright since it became such a hot topic? They should have made the right decision from the start."

How is this written as a tag in the sense?

no vfx artists were harmed in the making of this movie

There were no vfx artists in the production of this movie

Also the Storyboard Artist for the movie posted this.:

• Thumbs Up 3

Hesse working on Sonic Movie?

Let him make 1 minute of actual animation and put it in the middle of the movie. Fans will go just to see it.

• Chuckle 1