Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

It matters to me, and I don't care what the manual says. I've always believed that Sonic 1 was where it all started, and nothing is going to convince me otherwise.

In support of your choice, I'll remind everyone that the Sonic 3 Japanese manual got its own story wrong.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3_manuals

Dr. Eggman, who escaped from the fallen Death Egg, was aware that the Chaos Emeralds were on the floating island.

Except the Chaos Emeralds weren't on the floating island. Sonic had them, until the Sonic 3 intro.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a good thing Sonic 3 isn't the relevant manual, but thanks for sharing.

That 2nd translation seems more accurate.

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It's a good thing Sonic 3 isn't the relevant manual, but thanks for sharing.

That 2nd translation seems more accurate.

Always welcome. Each time a new Sonic product comes out, continuity shifts. That's why the Chaos Emeralds have so many homes.

The second translation is equally wrong, since Robotnik would know Sonic already had the emeralds.

The 2nd translation's better wording would imply Eggman thinks there are more Emeralds on the island.

To be fair, a lot of things from those old manuals probably aren't relevant anymore. Maybe Sonic 1 wasn't Sonic and Eggman's first encounter, maybe it was, who knows. It doesn't really matter unless they make a Sonic Origins game or something.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:14 AM, BaronGrackle said:

Does it? Robotnik using animals as a power source (badniks) seems to have been replaced by Sonic's quills.

"Whatever this creature is...our job is to secure it, neutralize it, see what makes it tick". I'm pretty sure Robotnik wants Sonic and whatever other creatures are like Sonic. But the reason why I believe this film is going to have some sort of environmental message is because of what we heard about the test screening leak. And based on everything we've heard like the owls, Tom helping ducks cross the road, there seems to be common trend on animals

On 7/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, StaticMania said:

It doesn't matter, as the manual says, they crossed paths multiple times before.

While I don't really think that's relevant anymore "crossed paths multiple times" could also be referring to the events happening in the game, OR maybe it's describing the events that lead up to Sonic 1. Which yeah, technically takes place before the game, but ultimately it's the same story. It's relevant to the story of Sonic 1.

Sonic encountered Eggman during his travels before arriving on South Island, that is the idea...

Jeez.

17 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic encountered Eggman during his travels before arriving on South Island, that is the idea...

Jeez.

I wasn't trying to be rude. I agree with you. I'm just saying that's still relevant in Sonic 1's story. That's what leads up to Sonic 1. Considering this movie doesn't know what South Island is, now that Green Hill is in America, it's probably treating Sonic 1 as Robotnik and Sonic's first encounter.

Sonic 1 being the first meeting between Sonic and Eggman just strikes me as a strange thing to be so strongly convicted to, if you ask me.  Even ignoring the relevancy of the manuals, I don't see why this tiny tidbit really matters.  Even if it were, it's not like you can't go the whole game pretending otherwise and vice versa.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Tom helping ducks cross the road

Isn't that the plot of Make Way for Ducklings?

4 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Considering this movie doesn't know what South Island is, now that Green Hill is in America, it's probably treating Sonic 1 as Robotnik and Sonic's first encounter.

I assume in the movie that Green Hills is just a name by coincidence and Sonic goes there because he's lost in a new world and he sees a familiar name. I don't think it's literally meant to be the movie universe's Green Hill Zone. Just speculating of course.

• Too Many Rings 1

Well they've used up most of the delay time maybe they've looked at what they got done and figured it'll need another 3-6 weeks.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Maybe this is to avoid having to compete with The King’s Man? I don’t know. I’m no marketing expert. It’s looks promising and Paramount might think that it could take some ticket sales away from the movie.

Or maybe this could be for Australia?

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Maybe this is to avoid having to compete with The King’s Man? I don’t know. I’m no marketing expert. It’s looks promising and Paramount might think that it could take some ticket sales away from the movie.

Or maybe this could be for Australia?

It's an American account.  They either a) delayed it again or b) finally got to changing November but accidentally typed March instead of Valentine's Day

21 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

b) finally got to changing November but accidentally typed March instead of Valentine's Day

That’s probably might be possible. Hopefully, we get an update on this soon.

I could believe a finger slipping and hitting  3 instead of 2 but typing a wrong word is much less plausible as a mistake.

In terms of competition March could potentially be stronger than February with a Pixar film, Godzilla vs King Kong and Mulan.

So, remember about that guy who had reported that the redesign is not an 180 turn, but will make the audience happy? This is what he had say about how did he managed to see the redesign. He also described a little bit of detail of how the redesign Sonic will look like.

BTW, the Sonic Movie Twitter account had update the banner.:

1080x360

• Thumbs Up 1

Took them long enough to update the twitter page.

Hmmm.. Could this mean something is incoming? Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw releases next week.. Paramount constantly references 'Fast & the Furious' in all of its marketing materials and posters for the movie..

New Trailer? Maybe? Please?

• Thumbs Up 1