Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Their Facebook and Instagram had also been updated too.:

https://m.facebook.com/sonicmovie/

https://www.instagram.com/sonicmovie/

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Took them long enough to update the twitter page.

Hmmm.. Could this mean something is incoming? Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw releases next week.. Paramount constantly references 'Fast & the Furious' in all of its marketing materials and posters for the movie..

New Trailer? Maybe? Please?

Yea. I’m really surprised it’s took them this long to update the date. Also, I noticed that the international versions of the movie accounts like the Japanese Twitter account and the British Facebook account haven’t updated their dates yet. However, I’m sure they will update them soon.:

https://twitter.com/Sonic_MovieJP

https://m.facebook.com/sonicmovieuk/

Maybe they will release an official reveal video of the redesign Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Just February and not the date, maybe they aren't 100% confident about the 14th.

They definitely are not. 

So how many people do you think saw the trailer? Between 2 or 3 YouTube channels (Paramount, Movie Clips and other dubs), the Sonic Movie Twitter, Paramount's Facebook, and at theatres? It could be over 100 mil who saw the blue gremlin.

This might be unrelated and probably not mean anything. So, this was shown at a official fan meeting held by Sega in Japan. It’s appear that Sonic is wearing the Puma Shoes that was seen in the trailer.

EAbSWLNXoAA9Yt4.jpg

Source

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

This might be unrelated and probably not mean anything. So, this was shown at a official fan meeting held by Sega in Japan. It’s appear that Sonic is wearing the Puma Shoes that was seen in the trailer.

EAbSWLNXoAA9Yt4.jpg

Source

This is cute. Hope this is somewhat true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I still can't believe this trailer has more views than a lot of movies including Star Wars IX (I know it was just a teaser, but still)… weird world. And people say it's just because of the shitty design, which means (if true) that the movie only has a chance to be successful if it sucks… that's just tragic, I want it to be both a decent movie and seen at theatres. But it's probably true, negative attention is probably best attention.

Still, if it wasn't for all those views and dislikes, the redesign would be just that… a dream.

So, I discovered these.:

Translation: So that would be the toy toppers with Sonic from the movie, which are usually sold in cinemas (theaters). Most likely, they will not see the light in connection with the decision to change the design of Sonic in the film.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I discovered these.:

Translation: So that would be the toy toppers with Sonic from the movie, which are usually sold in cinemas (theaters). Most likely, they will not see the light in connection with the decision to change the design of Sonic in the film.

Great find! Shame they will never see the light of day...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Great find! Shame they will never see the light of day...

Yea, thanks. I think the toy toppers will probably see the day of light. Just not with the original design. They will just replace it with the redesign one.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Instagram page just updated with the correct release date of February 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/sonicmovie/

Also, the Sonic movie twitter page unpinned the trailer.

..Something's happeniiiiing. (Ever notice that EVERY poster for the Sonic Movie & the trailer itself mentions 'Fast & the Furious'? Guess what comes out this Friday?)

• Thumbs Up 1

The toppers really show how much that design looks like a knock-off version of Sonic. Somethig that if it was spotted at any other time would be met with look at this bootleg merch.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone else think those prototypes, while still looking naff, looked better than what we saw in the trailer? Lol

Also, I agree. Something seems to be happening with this movie. Expecting something new imminently. 6 1/2 months from the rescheduled re-release, right? They need to get those posters up now so I expect we will see the design sooner rather than later.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

Anyone else think those prototypes, while still looking naff, looked better than what we saw in the trailer? Lol

Any stylization of the design will look better because it isn't attempting to be hyper-realistic, and it's based off an already great design.

• Thumbs Up 2

The merchandising also makes use of mostly primary colors with very little shading or lighting, simply because they're easier to paint that way, which is another reason it looks slightly better.  This isn't a GOOD design philosophy, in my opinion, but it's better to use a simple color scheme that's effective (which as a side effect, does make him look closer to his counterpart in the games) than it is to use a complex color scheme that's nauseating.

With that said, these still look pretty awful because of the design's just lanky and awkward proportions, the vacant facial expression, and their attempts to texture Sonic's quills which just looks like a bad molding rather than a deliberate design choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I discovered these.:

That/they are absolutely horrific. 

23 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I doubt anything is coming up. Not until late October in my opinion. 

Actually I'd say as early as next month or the end of August. We know that the redesign has been in development even before the trailer released, and next month would be 6 months before the film releases (which is normal).

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody who is wondering of what the purpose of these Sonic movie toys are. You used these to put these on top of the cup, when you go watch an movie like these for example.: 

EAiwEzqX4AECyqZ?format=jpg&name=large

P1010005__49020.1404452126.1280.1280.JPG

$_3.PNG?set_id=8800005007

• Thumbs Up 1

There's like, literally nothing to say currently unless there's the rare occasion where merch like those tops get leaked, and even then that's not worth much more than just a "Haha yeah, those do look kinda bad."

• Thumbs Up 3

So, I just found these on eBay. The crew hat and the crew button were probably be given away as free gifts by the crew. However the items seem to have been already sold.:

EAn8fhXWkAARciC.jpg

FAC2EA0A-A770-4F9F-AAC1-FC9A27E21DE2.jpeg.9d578415c95f5b7cac28f484fbe4a81b.jpeg

Source