Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Something that kind of weirded me out about the trailer...

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

4 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

Even in mediums with the “two worlds” thing, there have been normal animals on the other world. But because this is taking a more realistic approach to two worlds, maybe there’s pig-equivalent alien creatures?

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Technically, they already are.

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

9 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

For the sake of the budget, I hope you're right.

If the "news" for this month is a new trailer, expect something either tomorrow, the 26th, or the 28th. Remember what that guy who leaked the Robotnik image said, we should be getting close now to something.

I looked through movies coming out in late August and early September, and the only thing I found significant is IT: Chapter 2. Unless they're seriously considering releasing a trailer during Playmobil: The Movie.

Maybe this "news" is fake, or maybe it isn't a trailer.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, Gamecuber64 said:

Because he's lived on Earth nearly all his life, but avoiding people.

I just find it weird how every rumour says "Guys, big news coming VERY soon!". There is not a rumour that says " it's coming in late October/November". So I'm skeptical.

There's only 25 weeks of I know a rumour to go you have to make the most of it. Every week you're not saying something is coming soon is missed free attention.

18 hours ago, DabigRG said:

For the sake of the budget, I hope you're right.

From what I have seen in other movies deleted scenes they first put in a low quality model to get an impression of how the scene looks then render the more detailed verion later on.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Well, this guy claimed to had some news on the movie that he will show tonight or tomorrow. So, we should see about this soon. 

https://movie-sonic-positivity.tumblr.com/post/187205560542/movie-news

In what can only be described as a shocking twist they are finding excuses to not post news.

"I had plans, but… our duo became a trio~

Being a trio means more teamwork, more ground to cover, more planning, and most importantly: More friendship!"

That kind of made me cringe. Nobody talks like that in real life. I think this is fake. Could be wrong though. Maybe they just talk weird.

The strangest thing to me is how invested people are in all of this.  What, at this point, does anyone expect to see?  From a design angle, the best we'll get is a Sonic that looks like his game version, plus maybe some better textures, which will make the movie more pleasant to look at but hardly remarkable.  From a writing angle, likely nothing has changed; what we saw and heard in that trailer is still a likely microcosm of what we're going to get.

It's interesting to speculate how people would have regarded this movie if they'd gone with a more game-like design from the start.  I get the feeling most would just ignore it.  If not for bad publicity, this film might have none at all.

20 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

It's interesting to speculate how people would have regarded this movie if they'd gone with a more game-like design from the start.  I get the feeling most would just ignore it.  If not for bad publicity, this film might have none at all.

A good movie with no publicity is how cult classics are born.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:26 AM, Demondeano18 said:

I don't know what I'm expecting to see really, I highly doubt we are going to get a game version sonic. Probably just a fan version of the original design. You know how some of the fan edits were much better in design, probably something along those lines? 

I'm sure it will be better than what we first saw, they had a couple of sonic fans in to help them didn't they? 

Maybe hopefully similar to this?

spacer.png

Source

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I imagine his arms will be peach, like in that one teaser pic.

Which teaser pic? The most recent image was the delay announcement with the signpost and he had the traditional Sonic gloves but still had the blue arms.

I know a little bit more about this movie more than others (that's why I'm partially defending it). There's a reason as to why Sonic isn't wearing gloves in the film. So the art where Sonic is wearing a glove and holding a signpost with the delayed date actually kind of made me confused. I really hope that isn't a change they make in this film because it's important to the plot.

Personally what I expect is still a blue armed Sonic with no gloves, maybe still seperated eyes, but less humanoid.

9 hours ago, Joy said:

Which teaser pic? The most recent image was the delay announcement with the signpost and he had the traditional Sonic gloves but still had the blue arms.

Oops, I guess I misremembered then.

Tommorow's Thursday (a day Paramount normally uploads trailers). If the rumors are true about information being shown in "late August", there has to be something tommorow. Either that or we could be getting a photo or something the next day or the day after that.

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

Oh hey it's me...

And this is me too!

This is the cinema twitter account by the way.

https://twitter.com/ShowcaseUS

For anybody who is curious what was inside of that deleted tweet, it’s this one. Somebody managed to snapshot this before it got deleted.: