Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

That doesn't suggest a reveal at the end of the month, though it is still weird how that tweet got deleted. I assume it's because of the redesign again.

I doubt it's a trailer, it's too soon, unless it's that old Robotnik trailer shown at CinemaCon but updated with the new design, it would fit because it would show not much of Sonic but mostly the Doctor. I guess.

I'm sort of hoping that theres nothing in the next few days just to see those that made claims about something late August shift their narrative to early September.

• Chuckle 4

5 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I doubt it's a trailer, it's too soon, unless it's that old Robotnik trailer shown at CinemaCon but updated with the new design, it would fit because it would show not much of Sonic but mostly the Doctor. I guess.

I'm going to once again say that the redesign for Sonic has been in production since January. It isn't necessarily too soon.

12 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I'm going to once again say that the redesign for Sonic has been in production since January. It isn't necessarily too soon.

Will you please stop with that? You’re basing that off of a 4chan post. It’s not a good idea to take those as gospel because 4Chan is where fake stuff is posted all the time.

Well, since we're all just kinda walking around in circles in this thread waiting for something new to pop up that isn't a totally fake """leak""", I'd figure that I'd just pop in a little interesting tidbit that I stumbled across a few months ago that answers a few of the questions I had regarding the VFX when watching the trailer once you think about it.

yAeoM42.png

These two comments were posted under a reaction video to said trailer. Before anyone asks, yes I verified that the animator ain't lying. Searching his name on Google takes you to his Linkedin profile, which states that he's currently working for Moving Picture Company, a VFX house who are indeed working on the film. [fyi, please don't harass this guy to try and get more info, he's prolly under an NDA so he can't say much else]

Even though it's just two comments, I feel that I can infer quite a bit from this. If I may go into a bit of speculation, the fact that they were constantly getting new designs/models, even up till the very last possible moment before the trailer dropped, makes me think that production has been at least a bit chaotic, even before the news of the redesign and delay, and even while the VFX and animation process was underway, when they should probably already have a finalized design and model to ensure a smooth production.

It might also explain that weird feeling I got when watching the trailer - plenty of shots looked unfinished [especially throughout the middle], and I had a sneaking feeling that Sonic's look was constantly changing ever so slightly throughout the whole trailer, almost like they were switching between different models throughout numerous shots in the trailer. Turns out that might be the case after all. They were getting new, tweaked models all the time, so they weren't able to finish up all the shots with the latest model they got in time for the trailer - and they got new stuff while they were in the middle of making those shots, and they might've not been able to update them properly in time, which explains why Sonic doesn't blend well with the environment more than half the time in the trailer, and also why a lot of the other CG elements in it look like total ass. The VFX team simply didn't have enough time given their circumstances.

Of course I might just be looking too deep into this - it is just a few Youtube comments. But my dumb self speculated about this, and came out with some interesting propositions that I felt like I wanted to share (which may or may not even be actually true). Make of this what you will. Apologies if this seems too ramble-y or somethin'

• Thumbs Up 2

According to TrailerTrack, we shouldn’t be expecting an new trailer for the movie until October or November.:

15 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

According to TrailerTrack, we shouldn’t be expecting an new trailer for the movie until October or November.:

Would they really release a trailer 3 or 4 months before it comes out though? That wouldn't be very smart. I mean neither was how they initially designed Sonic, but if we're talking about in terms of box office, releasing a trailer sometime in at least September and then advertising more after that would be wiser.

Then again, the redesign is probably going to spread attention.

6 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Would they really release a trailer 3 or 4 months before it comes out though? That wouldn't be very smart. I mean neither was how they initially designed Sonic, but if we're talking about in terms of box office, releasing a trailer sometime in at least September and then advertising more after that would be wiser.

Then again, the redesign is probably going to spread attention.

Well, I could see them releasing an reveal image or video of the redesign Movie Sonic before they release another trailer. I hope we get something new soon.

2 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Would they really release a trailer 3 or 4 months before it comes out though? That wouldn't be very smart.

Yeah it would be within normal timings for a trailer 2.

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

It should be soonish. We're now in the five month period before release so it should be on its way.

40 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Yeah, look. I'm not buying the whole notion that we will be getting anything in the coming days. 

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Definitely won't get anything tomorrow anyways. Paramount is set to drop another Terminator trailer instead.

Probably in November with that firefighter movie Paramount put on Sonic's original release date.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Yeah, look. I'm not buying the whole notion that we will be getting anything in the coming days. 

I'm not saying it'll be in the next few days. I just wouldn't be surprised if it's next month or October. 

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm not saying it'll be in the next few days. I just wouldn't be surprised if it's next month or October. 

Random prediction:

-Theatrical Trailer in October with Addams Family

-Final Trailer in January

-Super Bowl spot the week leading up to release

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BaronGrackle said:

There are... two different Sonic costumes? Based on what you want his stomach and arm colors to be?

There's a normal Sonic costume and a movie abomination Sonic costume. The movie abomination costume doesn't quite capture the true horrors of the design though.

I don't think we'll get a trailer until October, but I think we'll see the redesign before then via merchandising. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/30/2019 at 3:56 PM, Myst said:

Random prediction:

-Theatrical Trailer in October with Addams Family

-Final Trailer in January

-Super Bowl spot the week leading up to release

This sounds very accurate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not sure if this is legit or not, but I found this.:

I don't think it is. 5 months before the movie release and they still be cryptic and not showing Sonic's face again?

On 9/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Not sure if this is legit or not, but I found this.:

This really does nothing to showcase anything at all about the movie. An obvious fake created with the sole intention of eliciting "oh my gosh tan arms!?" reactions from the fanbase. If someone's gonna take the effort to try to trick us, they should at least make it convincing.