Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Paramount releases trailers on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So if we're getting one this month, it should be revealed on one of the following dates:

Tommorow

October 3rd (potentially Comic Con)

October 8th (before Gemini Man)

October 10th (on the exact day of Gemini Man in some areas)

October 15th

October 17th

October 22nd

October 24th

October 26th

October 31st

I've looked around the number of views of Birds of Prey, and… gosh that's so low (for now), seems like Sonic for better or for worse has the upper hand, a lot more people interested in the movie, or at least curious. And they are out in similar dates, not sure about Kingsman though. There's no bigger thing than negative attention I guess...

51 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

And they are out in similar dates, not sure about Kingsman though. There's no bigger thing than negative attention I guess...

The King’s Man currently has 5 million views. 

With so much of the Sonic views being "look at this mess" its difficult to get any indication of actual interest in the film.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same day as the US really with the Thursday previews at 6PM maybe half a day if we factor in time difference.

Hurray. I don't have to wait one extra month! I'm actually very surprised (if real) because Italy doesn't care about Sonic generally.

These are all the release dates, according to IMDB.

Italy 13 February 2020  
Netherlands 13 February 2020  
Canada 14 February 2020  
UK 14 February 2020  
Ireland 14 February 2020  
USA 14 February 2020  
Argentina 20 February 2020  
Slovakia 20 February 2020  
Iceland 21 February 2020  
Latvia 21 February 2020  
Sweden 26 February 2020  
Singapore 27 February 2020  
Poland 28 February 2020  
France 11 March 2020  
Australia 12 March 2020  
Norway 13 March 2020  
Brazil 10 April 2020  
Germany 21 April 2020  
Japan 23 May 2020  
Switzerland 19 June 2020 (French speaking region)
New Zealand 10 July 2020  
Russia 23 July 2020

What if the new design is just a man in a cheap Sonic suit awkwardly inserted into every shot that previously had CGI Sonic?

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Tic toc... wheres the reveal?

Can y'all just exercise a little patience. This thread doesn't need to be bumped every other day asking for something nobody on this board has an answer for. You get it when you get it. You can speculate on when it may come out, but let's reduce posts like this. If I have to I'll start deleting them if it gets spammy.

• Thumbs Up 6

22 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I've looked around the number of views of Birds of Prey, and… gosh that's so low (for now), seems like Sonic for better or for worse has the upper hand, a lot more people interested in the movie, or at least curious. And they are out in similar dates, not sure about Kingsman though. There's no bigger thing than negative attention I guess...

I seriously doubt Sonic will even have a small chance to reach BOP's box office numbers let alone beat it.

47 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I seriously doubt Sonic will even have a small chance to reach BOP's box office numbers let alone beat it.

I'm not sure. Leaving the numbers alone for a minute, in which Sonic clearly has all the attention. Consider that Suicide Squad wasn't liked by people, which means an Harley Quinn movie could flop, although people loved Margot Robbie and her performance, DC movies have bad reputation nowadays, for example Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice was despised, which resulted in its pseudo-sequel Justice League to fail at the box office. Meanwhile Sonic is at his debut movie, with freaking Jim Carrey, and a wide audience: kids, families, fans of Carrey's performances and comedy in general. So I really can't say for now, which movie will win, but so far people have been pretty quiet about Birds of Prey, you know, "movie buzz" means a lot, even if it's negative buzz. 

IMO They should have called it Harley Quinn instead of BoP, it would have been more successful considering people love Harley, while Huntress and Black Canary are quite obscure, also considering the marketing is mostly Harley Quinn, I'm really surprised by the movie title. I'm not worried for King's Man prequel either.

We can start having fun with numbers around mid December when we'll be 8 weeks away and films start hitting the long range tracking.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I saw the trailer for BOP and it looks like hot garbage. Even if Sonic bombs, I doubt BOP will fare much better.

If anything, BOP might do worse, since it is geared for adults and thus will attract a smaller audience. 

10 hours ago, Heckboy said:

What if the new design is just a man in a cheap Sonic suit awkwardly inserted into every shot that previously had CGI Sonic?

This would still be an improvement. 

2 hours ago, Myst said:

I saw the trailer for BOP and it looks like hot garbage. Even if Sonic bombs, I doubt BOP will fare much better.

If anything, BOP might do worse, since it is geared for adults and thus will attract a smaller audience. 

BOP does have something of an advantage in that it’s the only movie releasing on its release week, though we can probably discuss it’s box office in the Birds of Prey topic we have on here.

If the Sonic movie trailer doesn't get released today then It will probably come out next week when Gemini Man gets released. 

Just now, The Famous Sonic said:

If the Sonic movie trailer doesn't get released today then It will probably come out next week when Gemini Man gets released. 

I'm through guessing. It will come when it comes.

Here are all the movies releasing next February that the Sonic movie will have to deal with.:

FEBRUARY 2020

February 7 (Friday)

Birds of Prey
The Lodge (Limited)

February 14 (Friday - Valentine's Day)

Fantasy Island
The King's Man
The Photograph
Sonic The Hedgehog

February 21 (Friday)

Bloodshot
Call of the Wild
Emma (Limited)

February 28 (Friday)

Bad Trip
The Invisible Man
Burden (Limited)
The Whistlers (Limited)

Source

Nothing from Disney, huh? Sonic seems to be the only family film releasing that entire month, so pretty much all the kids will be seeing that one. Everything else looks pretty dull. (King's Man might be some competition though, but again, different demographic)

Sonic might actually be a success.

Edit: Wait, Call of the Wild is an animated Disney film. I thought it was a nature movie or something. :P

22 minutes ago, Myst said:

Nothing from Disney, huh? Sonic seems to be the only family film releasing that entire month, so pretty much all the kids will be seeing that one. Everything else looks pretty dull. (King's Man might be some competition though, but again, different demographic)

Sonic might actually be a success.

Edit: Wait, Call of the Wild is an animated Disney film. I thought it was a nature movie or something. :P

Well, it is actually from their Fox arm, and doesn’t seem to necessarily be aimed at kids. But still, COTW’s easily Sonic’s one and only competitor.