Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

May not be real but probably close to what we'll get. Now it actually looks like sonic but with some unnecessary details and body lumps, pretty much as good as you can get in this hollywood industry. 

It's funny how simple changes to the face reclaimed like 80% of the appeal. Makes you realize how important Sonic's appealing face is to his design!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's too good to be true… probably, idk. We will see, I don't know why everyone believes in this "leak", probably because of the unseen frame of Robotnik. Yep, I guess that could help prove it.

IF it's real, big work they've done. I tip my hat to Tyson if it's the case. 

This is why I hate leaks, if Paramount released the redesign a just a while ago we wouldn't have this real/fake dilemma and they wouldn't have the surprise ruined for folks. Ugh.

28 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

How many redesign leaks have been faked? Genuinely forgot what is out there, the only one I can remember is the poster with just the body fur and slight arm showing.

I think this is the only leak rumour to have gained any traction. There have been countless other ideas and mock-ups that people have made, but none of them have been passed off as leaks until now.

Honestly, after having a night to sleep on it... I'm not convinced. From the potentially Photoshopped Jim Carrey to the fact that the design is now so different, I don't know what to think. If it's real, I'm alright with it. But I'm not yet ready to come to a conclusion about its legitimacy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah... it’s better. Like much better. I won’t complain IF this turned out to be legit. 

BUT, for something that is having a complete overhaul I personally would have expected just a bit more. It’s now halfway between the creepy design and the true classic look. 

I don’t know how much input Tyson Hesse has with this whole thing, but I’d like to think even he wouldn’t have been happy with this standard. 

There is the “it might look better in motion” argument, but the last time this was pitched and the trailer dropped the internet exploded.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just seen the possible leaked pics. What a fantastic improvement if it’s the real deal.

Honesty,  they should be really proud of themselves for the quick change and for listening. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I will be incredibly happy if this design is real. I think it's great. I also feel the new poster design with a previously unseen Eggman image gives it credibility.

Sure, in this age of deep fakes and photoshopping it could be fake, but why would someone put some much effort into it? Especially when it's surely incredibly soon to the actual reveal. It would be a lot of a effort for a short-lived, anonymous hoax.

• Thumbs Up 2

Heck, it's hard to get up-to-date in this topic.

Yeah, I'm believing it's fake by what was assumed, but as already said, they really look nice. Only 2 things really bother me:

Why the f*cking BLUE ARMS!

His ear looks a bit strange for me in the second image.

But tbh, I just see improvements. His Eyes are united, his size looks quite similar to the usual and his hair (And the body in general), looks more cartoonish which for me sounds better. Must say when I saw these I restored my interest in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Solister said:

Only 2 things really bother me:

Story purposes. Remember that blue hair Robotnik has in the trailer? There might be a scene where he literally plucks it off of Sonic's arm.

I like the 2nd pic a lot, but the poster with Jim Carrey in the background looks really awful. Crossing my fingers that it's an unfinished render and will look better when finished.

If you're making a convincing fake this would be the time to put it out there as something believeable.

8 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Honestly it's kind of baffling to me that the redesign even happened. This implies that someone, anyone actually cared, and was giving it their all, enough to change a huge part of the movie. But if that's the case, how the fuck did we end up with a live-action film where Sonic teams up with a cop to fight Jim Carrey with 0% of the series' aesthetic or general tone conveyed?

Its not that someone cared it'll be they saw the reaction concluded that it would be a huge bomb and went to Paramount asking for a little extra money and time to course correct and salvage the projects chances of making money.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is a big work, a complete overhaul… and that's maybe why I don't believe it. But still, if we look at it the design matches that concept idea design that Tyson posted months ago. Doesn't it?

I think this is completely fake because of 2 reasons: 

1. The mouse curser is seen in the middle of one of the posters

2. Sonic isn't wearing the Puma shoes

BUT...... If this is real then it's a massive improvement! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Demondeano18 said:

Why wouldn't anyone take credit for it lol 

Sometimes you just want to see how far the lie can spread.

• Thumbs Up 1

The mouse cursor is not reason to make it a fake. It looks like someone has snapped a photo of a screen. It could well be mid-edit.

• Thumbs Up 4

Assuming this is real, now we have what looks like a more on-model Sonic (blue arms aside) in a movie where Sonic interacts with the human world with bad jokes and what looks to be poor writing and weak storytelling.

...so, on par with most modern Sonic games. 

Spoiler

F'real, I'm glad they made it look like Sonic. Really wish they had known to do that in the first place. I stand by my opinion that a live action Sonic movie is a mistake, but this would make it more bearable to watch. (and more marketable)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

3 hours ago, Solister said:

His ear looks a bit strange for me in the second image.

But tbh, I just see improvements. His Eyes are united, his size looks quite similar to the usual and his hair (And the body in general), looks more cartoonish which for me sounds better. Must say when I saw these I restored my interest in the movie.

I don’t know why they keep the blue arms. Maybe they want to make their own kind of Sonic? However, I’m perfectly fine with this. He look 10 times better than this abomination.:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Just seen this over on Twitter. It's a comment from the guy who worked on the film, about the redesign "leak".

For those wondering, the comment was posted under this video.

Even with that comment, I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm more perplexed at the theory that the leak was "on purpose" to see if people like it so they can change it. If people don't like it, then that's yet another delay to redo everything. Furthermore, if that were the case, then that initial style guide leak was on purpose, and most everyone hated that, yet nothing was changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope he looks more like he does in the 2nd leaked picture, (rather than the hideous one with Carrey in the background)

He needs more fur texturing though, imo.

I personally feel the original design wasn't that bad, it just needed to be refined a bit more and have a few tweaks done to it. He looked pretty darn good in several shots of the trailer, (except for the toolshed scene) but I guess that's all moot now.

26 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

"Leaks are usually always legit", what? How long has this guy been on the internet?

They are usually right with movies, he's probably talking about movie marketing strategies.

I don't know what to think about this.

Anyway, you know the Sonic movie has gone viral when even fan Darth Vader twitter posts about Sonic rumours among other things. lol

32 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

I don't think anyone is expecting another redesign are they.....? 

That would never happen, there wouldn't be any point now. Too much money down the drain, gotta get the movie out now..

.Speaking of money down the drain, Paramount's other movie, Gemini Man, bombed hard. It made only $59 million but cost $275 million to make. A tremendous loss for the company. 

I wonder how this could affect Sonic? Will Paramount be more desparate for money and market it more, or be afraid of it bombing and not want to sink any more money into it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Yuji Naka’s response to the redesign leak.:

Translation: Is this a new design for the movie Sonic? You have become a lot of sonic. But I want to see the previous video with a bonus DVD.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know how they used Coolio's 'Gangsta's Paradise' for trailer 1?

This may sound stupid, but I want to hear Eminem's 'Without Me' for trailer 2. It'd be a funny song to accommodate his new design unveiling. (Obviously the swear words would be removed)

'Guess who's back? Back again? Sonic's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back? Guess who's back? Guess who's back? Guess who's back?'

This looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, cause we need a little controversy cause it feels so empty without me!'

14 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

So possible trailer Thursday? 

I hope.