Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Giving Sonic a fur texture is fine by me. It doesn't really change his design, it just adds details that obviously couldn't be rendered back when Sonic's design was being finalized. I for one am starting to get sick of the overly abstract artstyle that has taken over since Lost World and caused Forces to look WORSE than a 2008 game in 2017. The idea of giving Sonic more texture isn't even new. SA1 clearly (tries to) gives Sonic a fur texture in the DC version. I don't really get why they switched over to ultra shiny latex Sonic in the ports. (Hardware differences maybe?) The old movie design is ugly because of the tiny hands/feet and the unnecessary changes to the quill configuration. (Sonic 2 special stages anyone?) Also whats up with giving Sonic lips these days? Stop it, it looks terrible on him. 

10 minutes ago, Myst said:

Apparently Sonic the Cosplayer knows when the trailer is coming. 

Hmm, A Sonic fan knows when the trailer is going to be released? Interesting. Probably around early November.:

3 hours ago, Mark_The_Dephiles said:

I for one am starting to get sick of the overly abstract artstyle that has taken over since Lost World and caused Forces to look WORSE than a 2008 game in 2017.

Considering the characters themselves have always been designed to be a overly abstract art-style outside of maybe Sonic 06, it isn't strange that Sonic-Team tried to reinforce that idea for the series at some point. You know what I don't get? why certain Sonic fans desperately want the series to be realistic as if that is somehow a good match for the series, which it isn't BTW. I wouldn't disagree with saying the Lost World style isn't perfect, I think there is a better middle ground in style somewhere. But I was not a big fan of the style for the environments on Sonic Unleashed, sure the characters were fine, especially the upgrade of making NPCs look like cartoons... but the world itself at times just looked like a video game version of real life with a handful of fantasy tossed on top like loops and what not. The idea of throwing Sonic & gang on top of a semi-realistic world creating a mismatching art style for the main portion of the franchise is just bad I say and I don't see real appeal in it.

• Thumbs Up 4

If someone is claiming to know something and not providing anything to go with that claim I'm still holding the opinion that they know nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Odd that the stand has a "coming soon" rather than the actual release date... but whatever. Would have jumped all over that as a hax had we not seen renders of this new design last week.

The new design is pretty alright with me. I could live with this. Heck, I might even watch the movie.

Well, the leak is looking pretty legit now. I guess I should be glad they at least updated the design from "dumpster fire" to "awkward imitation"...it still doesn't look great, and it's not going to save the movie, but at least this won't be giving anyone nightmares.

...probably. Probably should wait to see it in motion before saying that.

• Thumbs Up 1

now it just looks like if dreamworks made a movie about roadkill instead of it just being a literal realistic interpretation of the subject

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Man, I'm glad they changed it. I'm still not 100% on board with this design either, but it's way better than the old one.

45 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Here we go 

Love it! Pretty much confirmed that the leak that was revealed a while ago is real.:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, it looks better. Not what I'd personally want but it seems like an overall decent looking design that doesn't veer too realistic or grotesque and seems to hit the middleground they wanted in the first place.

Still ain't paying to see it though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I'm gonna have to see it in motion before I can make a good call. Also still not convinced on the plot either. That first trailer really made Sonic look more like the villain than Robotnik, what with him knocking out power in a large scale and Robotnik being hired help to catch this thing before it does more damage.

• Promotion 2

Yeah, I much prefer this design myself; it's a lot closer to the Sonic we're used to. It's certainly less likely for fans to want to kill this one with fire. That's for sure.

I remain shocked by how little I care about this film. It feels strange that I keep forgetting that there's going to be a theatrical Sonic the Hedgehog movie. I may have unconsciously divorced it from having anything to do with Sonic in my mind just because of how bizarre and corporate it feels. 

• Thumbs Up 2