Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

10 hours ago, Marcello said:

Why is it the German poster? lol

Sonic has globetrotter level speed - to say nothing of the warp rings. I wouldn't be surprised to see junk from all over the world scattered in his room.

When he wants Chinese Food, the dude can literally leg it to China. He should be munching on Belgian Chocolates and French Pastries and leaving the remains scattered all over the place for some very confused bystanders to find later.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something I always wondered, how do you guys think these people/studios were brought on to make this movie? 

Marza Animation is obvious due to being owned by SEGA (though still surprising Hollywood would let them on board, I thought Sony would've wanted their own animation studio be a part of it. Paramount doesn't really have one so it makes more sense there).

However, what about Jeff, Miller, and Blur Studio? Was it due to their previous connection to the franchise? Or was it just a coincidence?

10 hours ago, AstroSeed-P said:

Something I always wondered, how do you guys think these people/studios were brought on to make this movie? 

Marza Animation is obvious due to being owned by SEGA (though still surprising Hollywood would let them on board, I thought Sony would've wanted their own animation studio be a part of it. Paramount doesn't really have one so it makes more sense there).

However, what about Jeff, Miller, and Blur Studio? Was it due to their previous connection to the franchise? Or was it just a coincidence?

Yeah. I think Jeff Fowler joined because he's had experience with the games. Tim Miller didn't like the direction Deadpool 2 was going, so he went to work on this film (probably remembering he's worked on Sonic before). As for Patrick Casey, Josh Miller, and Oren, I've been wondering since the very beginning of development as to why they were hired to write this movie. Casey and Josh have really bad resumes and little experience with theatrical films. Hell, Josh was stressed out because he originally thought Sonic was an obscure franchise. Oren, I guess I can kind of understand because he worked on a Mortal Kombat web series, so he's had good experience with video game media before (he wrote the final draft of this movie. I hope he saved it). But otherwise, why were these guys hired? Honestly they should have brought in some of the people who have worked on the comics, or Boom, or big people like Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Detective Pikachu and Angry Birds 2 were the first American video game movies to have people with quality resumes to work on them, and they both ended up being (so far) the greatest video game movies in the country.

Also remember how Iizuka said it isn't a SEGA movie? Takeshi Ito, Mie Onishi, and Toru Nakahara (all people from SEGA) are apparently producers of the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

An interview with the Sonic movie composer. Here's what he had to say on the movie.:

Looper currently spoke with Sonic the Hedgehog composer Tom Holkenborg, who has furthermore scored movies treasure Deadpool, Batman v Superman: Spoil of day of Justice, Mad Max: Fury Road, Alita: Battle Angel, and the newly released Terminator: Darkish Destiny. In conversation, we asked if there modified into the rest about Sonic that Holkenborg might perchance perchance tease — without spilling spoilers, clearly. What Holkenborg said concerning the zippy blue hedgehog’s drawing close characteristic movie is evil to acquire fans grin from ear to ear, and renew excitement for the Jeff Fowler-directed flick. 

“The entirely thing I will impart is that it became out to be a in point of fact, in point of fact gargantuan movie, and or no longer it is so powerful fun to work on it,” Holkenborg shared. “In truth gargantuan characters. In truth pretty, in point of fact pretty at the same time. So I am taking a be conscious forward for that to enact.”

The Sonic crew is working laborious

Source: https://headlinezpro.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-composer-tom-holkenborg-has-promising-words-for-fans/

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

An interview with the Sonic movie composer. Here's what he had to say on the movie.:

Looper currently spoke with Sonic the Hedgehog composer Tom Holkenborg, who has furthermore scored movies treasure Deadpool, Batman v Superman: Spoil of day of Justice, Mad Max: Fury Road, Alita: Battle Angel, and the newly released Terminator: Darkish Destiny. In conversation, we asked if there modified into the rest about Sonic that Holkenborg might perchance perchance tease — without spilling spoilers, clearly. What Holkenborg said concerning the zippy blue hedgehog’s drawing close characteristic movie is evil to acquire fans grin from ear to ear, and renew excitement for the Jeff Fowler-directed flick. 

“The entirely thing I will impart is that it became out to be a in point of fact, in point of fact gargantuan movie, and or no longer it is so powerful fun to work on it,” Holkenborg shared. “In truth gargantuan characters. In truth pretty, in point of fact pretty at the same time. So I am taking a be conscious forward for that to enact.”

Source: https://headlinezpro.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-composer-tom-holkenborg-has-promising-words-for-fans/

Is this English?

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

This feels like someone took another article and put it through Google Translate like a hundred times.

Probably because it actually is, here's the actual original article. Much less mind-numbing to read.

And here's the real quote in question for those who don't wanna go there:

"The only thing I can say is that it turned out to be a really, really great film, and it's so much fun to work on it," Holkenborg shared. "Really great characters. Really lovely, really cute at the same time. So I'm looking forward for that to finish."

So overall, it's just marketing fluff really. I'll believe him when I see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Palette said:

This feels like someone took another article and put it through Google Translate like a hundred times.

Probably because it actually is, here's the actual original article. Much less mind-numbing to read.

And here's the real quote in question for those who don't wanna go there:

So overall, it's just marketing fluff really. I'll believe him when I see it.

Wow. Yea, I think I realized that the person who write that article just edited this, I thought it was something new. Sorry about that. Whoops.

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Batman v Superman: Spoil of day of Justice, Terminator: Darkish Destiny. 

Forget Sonic, when are these movies releasing? 😂

• Chuckle 3

On 11/1/2019 at 7:38 PM, Jango said:

Well, it would make perfect sense if it was a Sonic movie based on Sonic 4...

Because Sonic 4's physics are as real as The Fast and the Furious... Heh.

...Old joke?

More like based on Sonic 2006. That had broken physics AND realistic humans and settings.

On the bright side with trailer 2 being this late it'll be a small gap to final trailer unless there is a delay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, is anyone else having issues with this topic on mobile? Whenever there’s a lot of posts on one page, it almost always fails to load, saying “This page can not open because too many problems occurred” or something like that.

While they are in a better postition to know stuff than most I just can't stop the cynical reaction of all of November is a broad and safe bet at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

While they are in a better postition to know stuff than most I just can't stop the cynical reaction of all of November is a broad and safe bet at this point.

This is true. I think we were all expecting November. 3 months from release and the original release date of the movie. It's a pretty safe bet!

Potentially waiting until late November is still an agonizingly long time for me though lol. (Still, at least I have Shenmue III to distract me soon...).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think we're getting the trailer today because Paramount are releasing a trailer for the new Spongebob movie. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I don't think we're getting the trailer today because Paramount are releasing a trailer for the new Spongebob movie. 

No SpongeBob today either. Yet it releases in 6 months (and trailers for films usually come out 6 months before release). I'm kind of hoping both Sonic and The SpongeBob Movie trailers both release around the same time as Frozen 2, and show during Frozen 2, because those are both films I'm interested in. I guarantee that Playing With Fire is going to bomb hard in box office. Hardly anyone really knows about it, and nobody cares about it lmao.

8 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found this. He look so good!!!!

spacer.png

Cool!

Edit: 11/12/2019? What could this mean?

That's this tuesday..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ITS HAPPENING NEXT WEEK!

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, yes! Sonic looks so good! I'm aware that this could be a fake, but come on! It looks too good to be one!

• Thumbs Up 3