Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

10 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I don't think we're getting the trailer today because Paramount are releasing a trailer for the new Spongebob movie. 

No SpongeBob today either. Yet it releases in 6 months (and trailers for films usually come out 6 months before release). I'm kind of hoping both Sonic and The SpongeBob Movie trailers both release around the same time as Frozen 2, and show during Frozen 2, because those are both films I'm interested in. I guarantee that Playing With Fire is going to bomb hard in box office. Hardly anyone really knows about it, and nobody cares about it lmao.

Pretty sure the tagline is just a joke about Sonic's speed lmao. Way better than "A New Speed Of Hero".

If it is November 12th when the trailer is releasing online, then it likely will be premiering during Playing With Fire. Paramount sometimes releases their trailers online the next Tuesday after they put it in theaters. Maybe the SpongeBob trailer is also playing during the same film and they're going to show the trailer for that on Thursday online instead of Sonic.

Despite all the controversy surrounding this movie and that that it will probably still be ass... this is actually a really good redesign - especially compared to the first few shots we had a few months ago which were merely just acceptable.

This and the previous billboard photo leak are damn impressive showings of the lengths they went to to get this corrected. And although I think they should have done this right from the off, I gotta give credit to them for actually respecting that the fan base were right on this.

Now, That’s not always true of an outcry. The Director Jeff Fowler was trying to see his vision through and prove to us his original version of Sonic was going to work - so I think it is very humbling for him to accept defeat on the subject and completely go for a revise. From his point of view with the lead up to the trailer and the drop, it must have been a really crappy day for him. Especially as this is his first big film - I figure that probably lead to the change as well, don’t want to start your big time career role on a dud.

But yeah, this is great - blue arms and all - I personally think they did make the right artistic call on that one for what it’s worth. 

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found this. He look so good!!!!

spacer.png

Tolerable. Still don't care for him being all furry. And I will never understand why is the blue arms the hill they decided to die on.

14 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

So yeah, still doesn't look like good movie and certainly not a good Sonic movie. But Sonic himself looks decent now. You know you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel when the highest praise you can give a film is "the main character doesn't look ugly anymore".

Yeah, am I really supposed to believe a team who couldn't even get the character design right (literally the easiest part, as the design is already done, you just have to copy and paste and use it) understands or cares about the source material enough to make a good and satisfying movie that makes sense in the franchise?

Look at that, you have a live action design that actually looks good and still fairly fits with the aesthetic of the movie, so much for Sonic’s usual animated design not working in this movie, considering this is basically Sonic’s actual design with the only necessary tweaks and changes needed to make him not stick out like a sore thumb.

Still doesn’t change a lot for me, the trailer still stunk to high heaven from a story and joke perspective, so unless they completely altered the script, we’ve probably just moved up from infamously horrible to a typical brand of bad.

Still, at least Sonic looks appealing now. It’s mental to me this isn’t just the design they went with to begin with instead of the original gremlin design, but at least there’s been enough of an improvement to actually call it good and appealing...even though it’s near what the actual appealing design has been for the last twenty years and should’ve been the obvious choice to begin with.

Daily reminder that this should have been the design from the start

Daily reminder that we should be mad at Paramount because they listened too late, they are our enemies

Daily reminder that the movie will still suck despite the redesign, so don't be happy

Daily reminder that no matter how we try to be excited, we just can't be, because it's a sad and shitty world, don't you know?

Spoiler

Serious mode on: This post is meant to be a harmless joke, a parody, I'm poking fun not at the opinions that are completely fine, I'm poking fun at the fact that we get constant reminders every day of how the movie will suck ultimately, and that we should not be excited even if we get good news. Amen