Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

if that design leak is real, and it's more likely than not, i'm going in cautiously optimistic. i always thought that aside from the design, it looked like a decent family action flick. nothing amazing, and not my preferred style for the movie, but it seemed like a fun watch aside from that hideous design.

We already have news and don't need to delve into deleted tweets and comments or read into these things.

Can we please exercise just the tiniest bit of patience and not bump this thread looking for scraps of information? If it turns out things weren't reported correctly about the trailer and there's nothing tomorrow, oh well. The topic isn't going to fall off the first page of the index that quickly or easily.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys when we tell you to stop posting random tweets and Youtube comments we fucking mean it.

So this topic's locked until tomorrow or whenever the trailer releases because FUCK.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was locked

As I expected the movie itself still doesn't look particularly interesting to me, but eh. The old design was like 90% of the outright embarrassment, other than that it's kind of just Generic Hollywood Adaptation of Cartoon Character.

• Thumbs Up 7

• The topic was unlocked
2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

As I expected the movie itself still doesn't look particularly interesting to me, but eh. The old design was like 90% of the outright embarrassment, other than that it's kind of just Generic Hollywood Adaptation of Cartoon Character.

I dunno why, but this feels like a whole different movie compared to the Gangster's Paradise trailer. Feels more fun and energetic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh my God!! It looks genuinely funny and WILD, CRAZY. I didn't expect Sonic to be so on fire, Tom is still cringe with his "he's my friend", but he shoots at Sonic, punches Robotnik, seems pretty active. Annie is nowhere to be seen… uh. But yeah, between Green Hill, piramids, Chinese wall, this film looks packed with stuff, and it's all thanks to the warp rings, plus road trips were never this exciting, it's basically a world tour… like Spiderman in Europe? Woah.

Robotnik: he's so mad and weird, I love it! Carrey is also on fire in this trailer. My favorite characters are definitely Sonic and Robotnik, as it should be, the protagonist and the antagonist, Tom is just a small part of it, they really nailed the roles properly.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not the Sonic I grew up with (heck, I grew up with many different Sonics) but I just think this looks so damn fun! It's like a completely different movie.

Genuinely did a big lol at that latte bit.

I can't wait!

Thanks to every Sonic fan who kicked off about the first trailer while I sat there like a dick and hit the like button. We have ended up with something SO MUCH BETTER!

This is great **grins like an idiot all day in work**.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still not into Robotnik looking nothing like the character for the main mass of the movie. But outside of that I am actually feeling fairly hyped to go see the movie! Sure the plot might be dull & generic... but whatever ya know? just seeing Sonic on the big screen will be fun enough to me now that he actually looks like Sonic and not a embarrassing blue goblin pretending to be Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic looks so much better than the previous design. He has gloves, he has his signature shoes and HE HAS NO HUMAN TEETH! 

Imageunknown.png

Rhythm Thief finally gets to return... for the Sonic Movie trailer.

Anyway, I was happy with that. Hurts a tad that the most gorgeous part of the trailer, the GHZ opening, is gonna be like 5 minutes in the film, but I'll live. The design looks absolutely fine now, and that was obviously my main issue with it. 

Not that it's gonna be the best thing ever, but I can see myself watching this now at least. 

• Thumbs Up 8

The old trailer was really bad in every sense. The new trailer is generic Hollywood adaptation. It looks fine. Passable. Inoffensive. Sonic himself looks really quite cool. I'm ready to not hate this movie and instead just ignore it as something that'll be forgotten in a few years time amongst the myriad of not very good video game film adaptations. At least it will no longer be the flagship for bad live action/realistic redesigns.

• Thumbs Up 3

Loved every second of the trailer. Sonic in different attire reminded me of AoStH, gritty looking Eggman boss fight, using Sonics speed for humour, its going to be a great family film. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It’s actually, well it was actually ok. I even chuckled at certain parts. 

Sonic looks miles better - not perfect, but more along the lines of what we should have got int he first place. I think the most important part is now he actually looks animated with expression rather than creepy in the uncanny valley. My only real niggles are that the proportions are still incorrect but I imagine this is largely a hangover from retooling the entire film to fit around the original larger design. 

Still concerned for Robotnik and his hyperkinetic Jim Carey humour meshing... but oddly I’m not to concerned with the parallel hyperactive child-like Sonic they are going for in this movie.

Okay so first I'll mention the good things I saw from that trailer:

1. Sonic's new design looks a MILLION times better. THANK YOU. The eyes still look a little weird, but it's not that big of a deal.

2. Green Hill looks absolutely stunning.

3. The choice for music in this trailer? Also a MILLION times better.

4. Jim Carrey. Need I say more?

Now the bad:

1. The acting is still not all that great to me. Jim Carrey's still the only one that stands out in my opinion.

2. The humor's still hit and miss to me. It feels all over the place. And I know the humor we got in the first trailer didn't go away either.

3. I still hate this plot. I'm sorry, but I just cannot get into this generic and un-Sonic plot whatsoever.

4. Green Hill looked so good...but this kind of breathtaking scenery is only going to be in like 5 minutes of the movie. So it's not saying much.

5. The writing as a whole feels inconsistent. Sometimes, Sonic acts like Sonic. And then other times he's, well, not. Eggman/Robotnik was clearly written with Jim Carrey in mind, and it works.

Overall, It feels like Jim Carrey's the only beacon of light in this movie, but I also feel like this is the kind of trailer the movie needed. Badly. It still has a lot of problems. But I've gone from not even wanting to watch it to giving it a chance when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray or something. And that's saying a lot.

• Thumbs Up 3

This looks significantly better than the last trailer and design we saw. I'll be seeing this movie when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, that was a turnaround, still not sold, but the humour hit a lot better. At least, when Sonic acted like Sonic, a lot of the character driven humour actually works fairly well, and Sonic is actually animated well and looks nice. I really like how he’s constantly doing something now. Compared to the original trailer, where Sonic was fairly stiff in the car, here he’s always moving or playing with something, it’s fun.

I still think it’ll be bad, but the trailer bumped it up to “worth checking out when the dvd releases” for me, which is kind of the same case with Teen Titans Go to the Movies.

idk guys, it’s like when you actually make things similar to the games in music, locale, and character design, people might respond a little better to it as if it’s something they already liked :V

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Okay, first I'll mention the good things I saw from that trailer:

4. Jim Carrey. Need I say more?

Yes, please do. He's seems to have gotten his role of Robotnik mixed up with literally any other character that he's played in the past. I find Carrey to be annoying in most films, but this is a step beyond because he doesn't seem to be playing Robotnik. Sonic is surprisingly on form for much of this trailer, but Robotnik isn't. I don't think Carrey is right for the role at all.

• Thumbs Up 6

unknown.png

The ratio in the main video. Seems like Paramount won this time… well deserved though. Still waiting for the views to see if it's a success but it's trending on twitter. Already a good start.

• Thumbs Up 3

Love the wee nods to the franchise too!!!

The Green Hill music

The 'Hill Top' Road sign

The Sonic emblem on his headband

What a massive improvement!

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't care what anyone says. THIS movie looks absolutely AWESOME!!! The improvement is astonishing , Carrey is on form. 

TAKE MY MONEY!

• Fist Bump 3