Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I've been seeing that "make sure to support this since it cost a lot and they listened to criticism" tweet going around a lot, and I just wanna remind people: don't go see the movie if you don't think it's gonna be good. If you thought the creepy Sonic was the only bad thing about the first trailer, you're good. But nobody should feel obligated to monetarily support a studio just because of a change that should never have needed to happen in the first place, made to a film that is still fundamentally flawed. The multi-billion dollar film studio and holdings company that own it are not going to be bullied by your actions either way.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1

My problem with stuff like that is how unnecessary it is.

Anybody who only complained about the design of Sonic the Hedgehog was probably gonna go see it anyway after the change, I doubt they even needed convincing. So comments like that only exist to try and persuade people who actually had other complaints with what they've seen to go see the movie.

• Fist Bump 1

The new design looks so good (in comparison to what was before it anyway). It's so weird to think that if the outrage was far smaller it could've been Weird-Alien-Sonic on merchandise instead of Normal-Sonic-But-Furry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually love this design. I wouldn't mind if Sonic's game design took on some elements of it. After all, Nintendo did add more detail to Mario in Odyssey 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pikachu's fur became more apparent in certain renders and official artwork outside of the Detective Pikachu movie, so yes, I'd love to see more Sonic characters with realistic texture outside of this movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2019 at 9:58 AM, Jango said:

paying 30 bucks

Jesus christ! Your theaters cost that much!?

19 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Jesus christ! Your theaters cost that much!?

And that's just the price of a single ticket, I'm not counting popcorn and soda, that would be an extra 20 bucks. Shit's expensive here... So yeah, I only watch movies in theaters when I reaaaaaaaaaaaally want or know it's worth it.

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

^The first picture looks like a person inside a bad costume with spikes made of paper. Uh...

You say that now, but back then a lot of people would defend that with their lifes :V

Debs Howard - New Girlfriend

In all the mess about the design I'd forgotten that there's Tom's relationship drama to solve in this.

2 hours ago, Jango said:

You say that now, but back then a lot of people would defend that with their lifes :V

I would probably do it, truth be told, because that design would have been the only hope for a good Sonic movie at that point, I would still secretly hate it lol. At this point, I don't hate what I've seen, I'm a bit worried that they may have sacrificed Sonic's origin and progression through the movie to make him more like the games from the start. I at least hope he has a character arc, the one good thing to come out of this would be having no horrifying Baby Sonic, but let's be honest, I can see people finding that cute and buying all merch of it, these days.

• Absolutely 1

I was reading the can’t moments on TailsChannel’s report on this, and one guy had this to say: 

sienduk is a famous russian comedic animator/abridged series VA/shitposter I'm pretty sure it's his own edit as nobody would call him for castings due to his political satire in the past.”

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found some more from the Russia dub testing..:

EKQylAPXsAEaujG.png

holy toledo it was even worse my word how can people even come up with this good gravy this is enough to make someone sick how what why

If they had to sacrifice the mama owl origin story, you can be damn sure I'm OK with it. You gotta play safe with some stuff. You don't change Peter Parker's spider bite origin story. Sonic is a blue hedgehog that runs fast. That's it. The other humans in the game don't question it, why should we? Sonic is a hero, he's carefree and sometimes reckless, but his heart is the right place. People wanna see that, not a new story for the sake of it. They should absolutely take the Spider-man Homecoming approach with this and skip the origin story. Give us Sonic action and attitude, not some bullshit alien tale FFS. People know Sonic already.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Okay, I don't want to not have Sonic be Sonic, I just want a good story arc too, he is still Sonic in more than half the movie, the possible sequels, etc. Why can't we have a good Sonic and a good plot progression?

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found some more from the Russia dub testing..:

EKQylAPXsAEaujG.png

His quills bend like paper in that shot that's so weird.

It's like a poor WIP of the first design.

The more I see that, the more I'm glad we have the redesign tbh

Well, it’s seem Paramount will likely show some more new footage at CCXP which is when the teaser that was first shown last year. Here is their booth.:

spacer.png

Oh, interesting haircut 

spacer.png

Source: Link in Portuguese

BTW, I noticed there is the old Sonic movie teaser poster.:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I still hope they include what little of Old Movie Sonic they finished but didn't show us as special features for DVD or something. Like Yuji Naka himself, I'm rather curious to see it.

2 hours ago, Sonario said:

I still hope they include what little of Old Movie Sonic they finished but didn't show us as special features for DVD or something. Like Yuji Naka himself, I'm rather curious to see it.

If rumours are to be believed, then little more than was shown in the trailer was actually completed. I think that there was another trailer shown behind closed doors, so there's that I guess. I'd really like to see the rest of the material with the original trailer design too, if for no reason other than morbid curiosity. 

• Thumbs Up 1