Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

That interview about Sonic's redesign that Paramount have been trying to wipe off the face of the internet said that the shoes were the last part changed about his design. So maybe this render is a small look-in at the almost-final design?

His shoes does even look bad there. They're just boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that's likely just a placeholder render. I wonder if the combo is just that or there's something else.

Cinemark got burned reeeeal bad here in Brazil last week, one of their Star Wars combos caused huge commotion because of the absurd price. The combo in question is a R2-D2 replica with popcorn and soda inside (you can check it here). It looks pretty well made and all, but they're selling it for $470BRL, which is around $111 dollars. With $470 bucks you can watch the movie 14 times, just to give you an idea.

Well, this Sonic combo looks pretty simple, so I doubt it will cost too much, unless this bucket has more than meets the eye.

• Absolutely 1

The render there looks pretty neat. I don't mind the shoes there too much, but I'm glad they changed to a more loyal design.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, Almar said:

Be Honest: What actually makes the movie Sonic any more interesting, compelling, or less of a bad character than the Sonic we have in the games currently?

Heh.. I actually like the sonic in the games as he doesn't look like some odd fuzzy animal trying to be Sonic the Hedgehog. Movie sonic looks bad -still- AND he's not as cool. He's inmature and just comes off as trying WAY too hard. Game Sonic or normal sonic or SONIC himself is just fine. I can't pinpoint the thing but there's a difference and movie sonic has a LONG way to go in looks and persona.

• Thumbs Up 2

New animated header.:

BTW, look! The Sonic Boom writer had meet the movie writers and he recorded a podcast with them.:

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

New render/screenshot, apparently from a clip (can’t find it). The comic cover reads “born to run”.

It's from this.:

More cool stuff.:

Spoiler

Okay. I'll admit.

They did a great job. Sonic with headphones and doing the classic finger wag. Loved that shit. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm starting to want to watch this movie......!

• Thumbs Up 2

If anyone wants, I think I can compromise myself to translate something from Portuguese to English during this CCXP stuff. Just tag me and I'll translate it in quote.

Kinda wish I could be there to bring some stuff for you but life is hurried, the tickets were sold out by the time I knew it was happening and I'm also a bit out of money.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

New poster in full:

unnamed_-_2019-12-05T154002.634.jpg

Looks rad. I think that could be San Francisco in the background.

Yep, that’s SF in the background. You can see the Transamerica Pyramid on the left bottom of the poster.

Oh, found this.:

spacer.png
Someone had managed to get the Movie Sonic model.:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yep, that’s SF in the background. You can see the Transamerica Pyramid on the left bottom of the poster.

Oh, found this.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

That last pic only makes the movie version look that much off to me. Least it's better then the first version but it still a ways off. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

I don't think it looks too alien TBH. I wish we had a way of comparing it with the OLD design. That would be a lesson for prosperity about how to fuck up proportions. But Tyson's design? Looks fairly good.

I see there's a lot of promo material going round.

10 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

spacer.png

He looks more like BoomSonic and/or Amy.

Man, I didn't quite realize just how janky Sonic's current in-game model looks in the face department until now. His lopsided resting mouth and permanently furrowed brow look so off-putting to me compared to the movie design's more "normal" features.

1 hour ago, Domino said:

Man, I didn't quite realize just how janky Sonic's current in-game model looks in the face department until now. His lopsided resting mouth and permanently furrowed brow look so off-putting to me compared to the movie design's more "normal" features.

His brow's not permanently furrowed, for some reason that ridge in the middle of his eyes is molded into the model instead it being something that's only there during animation for his eyes.

Sonic characters eyes almost never get animated outside of pupils and eyelids, so you can guess why it's always there.

33 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic characters eyes almost never get animated outside of pupils and eyelids, so you can guess why it's always there.

The ones on the 3D game models don't, but the recent 2D shorts for Mania and TSR had super-flexible eyes and brows. I'm just glad we finally have that kind of structural expressiveness in a CG format for once.