Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

It was the Sonic made by Naka and Co. who became an icon rivaling Mario. Not the abomination Paramount's shoving down our throat. Point is, Sonic should be fine as he is if the goal is to drawn in a big enough audience.

Oh wow, baby Sonic the Hedgehog now exists to take the spot of the old movie Sonic design.

I'm gonna say it's about that weird and probably nothing else.

BUT...at least it's not the exploding Baby Sonic Maurice Hedgehog from Sonic Underground.

• Thumbs Up 2

As tired as everyone is of Green Hill Zone, it's never looked so good.  That beauty might just make it feel all the more tragic that most of this film isn't set there, though.  Up until now, I assumed that the reason this film was mostly live-action, with just one CGI character, was because CGI is hard and expensive, but if they committed so much to a lush CGi environment, that excuse no longer works.  I think many here would have preferred this film focused those efforts on more characters, even if that meant setting it all in real-world locations.  Sonic's world is not ours, but even when it's been called Möbius it's had places that look like they could be on our world.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

That last clip...

All those characters in the trees.

I don’t get why the hate. If anything I’m thrilled to know what they’re like. I’ve already succumbed to not expecting 1:1 adaptations to movies, so I really want to know just who is after Sonic for his powers.

So. This movie might turn out enjoyable, but I’m more hyped at the idea of the sequel, when Robotnik looks more like Eggman, and hopefully both him and Sonic go back to Sonic’s homeworld.

• Thumbs Up 4

How does baby Sonic have an exact baby replica version of the shoes he gets as an adult on Earth.

lol

Other than that, I'm not a fan of the baby Sonic design. Stuff like that doesn't do it for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, the traditional sneakers are there for marketing purposes. He's not going to have them as a baby or in the first part of the film. It's just for the posters and trailer.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Honestly, the traditional sneakers are there for marketing purposes. He's not going to have them as a baby or in the first part of the film. It's just for the posters and trailer.

I think you're onto something 

• Thumbs Up 2

Btw, he is barefoot in those chibi toys. Still, his shoes are there for a good reason… also didn't Tyson comment that we aren't going to see his feet anymore? The toy might be the old design? At this point I don't care about the same shoes he has as adult, keep them, I don't want to see the baby's feet.

The design itself is reeeeally good, and so was the trailer, just look at the love put there.

South Island

Brigdes collapsing

Rolling animations and slopes

Sonic Mania "Friends" music

The sunflower from Green Hill in his hand

And the warrior tribe in the background

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Jack in Space said:

Btw, he is barefoot in those chibi toys. Still, his shoes are there for a good reason… also didn't Tyson comment that we aren't going to see his feet anymore? The toy might be the old design? At this point I don't care about the same shoes he has as adult, keep them, I don't want to see the baby's feet.

The design itself is reeeeally good, and so was the trailer, just look at the love put there.

South Island

Brigdes collapsing

Rolling animations and slopes

Sonic Mania "Friends" music

The sunflower from Green Hill in his hand

And the warrior tribe in the background

This is part of why I really want the movie to be at least a moderate success. Sure the team behind the redesign got tragically shut down, but there's nothing we can do about that. On the other hand, if so much love and care put into the movie ends up being a financial failure, it will only end up pushing the message that there's no point in putting any effort or love into such things since doing nice things for the fans and giving hope to the hopeless (the new trailer really brightened up my life) doesn't make big bucks.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

36 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

I wanna throw the baby Sonic.

Into my arms so I can protect him 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 3