Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

In the pre-redesign version of the film he's smiling in that shot. Odd that he's not here. The original version gave me the vibe of him being witty. To be fair, he looked like he was standing up in the original too. Although the direction of Sonic looking back at Tom is way off in that image too.

24 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Also is he standing up on the car seat? No way that his torso should be up that high unless he's standing, or on a booster seat...

It could be because the scene was shot with the long-bodied old design in mind. James Marsden was looking at an imaginary Sonic whose head was at a specific height, so if they then lowered Sonic down to a different height, we'd have Tom looking several inches above Sonic's head.

They have Sonic at the correct height in the "Road trip!" scene so I'm guessing he's kneeling or something, although his head appears larger than in that scene but I'm guessing that's due to the framing? The lighting looks better than when the original model was used.

In fairness, I don't think it's so much Sonic's new design sticking out in comparison to the real world, as much as it is just dodgy CG due to the rush to get the film reworked. 

4 minutes ago, Stasis said:

The lighting looks better than when the original model was used.

If the original had made it to the end the lighting would have been better too, early trailer shots are typically good enough for the trailer but still need additional work.

That's proooooooly unfinished, I guess. We see this scene in the trailer and the lightning looks okay there. But hey, better standing out for being a bit unfinished than standing out for looking like a furry midget.

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Also is he standing up on the car seat? No way that his torso should be up that high unless he's standing, or on a booster seat...

He may just be on his knees, which would make sense positioning wise for how he was looking out the window in the trailer.

But I'm assuming it's the same scene.

Some theaters are having early screenings on February 8th, so spoilers are bound to come flooding in.

https://advancescreenings.com/movie/sonic_the_hedgehog

The movie will have its red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on January 25th. Stars like Jim Carrey and the rest of the cast are bound to show up. 

https://www.averagesocialite.com/la-events/2019/11/2/sonic-the-hedgehog-premiere-tba

(Some of the info on that last page is outdated though and refers to the original November release)

• Thumbs Up 2

New Robotnik Render.:

Also, new Tom render.:

EObCe4-W4AA5JEP.jpg

Also, it's turned out that the character that Tika is playing is not called Annie. Maddie is her official name.:

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic the Hedgehog!

Dr. Robotnik!

...Donut Lord...?

M-Maddie...!

Not going to lie, Tika's character is the one I least give a shit about, which is saying something considering Tom's here.

31 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not going to lie, Tika's character is the one I least give a shit about, which is saying something considering Tom's here.

We havn't been given much reason to, she's barely in the first 2 trailers and didn't get a line until one of the TV spots. Also I'm guessing by her being absent from the road trip she isn't in the movie that much.

Apparently, there will be run and walk event that will happen in Brazil. Here is the link. (Website in Portuguese.):

http://sonic5k.com.br/

It's seem like it will go on certain dates in certain cities with the 1st one happening in February 16 which is a few days after the movie is released in the US. The rest will happen in March. Here is the list.:

Sao Paulo: February 16, 2020

Rio de Janeiro: March 8, 2020

Belo Horizonte: March 15, 2020

Campinas: March 22, 2020

Participants will get clothes like these seen in the pictures.:

EOcn__sUwAAYgZQ.jpg

EOcn__sU8AA5YhG.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Myst said:

..What did I just watch.

Sometimes its ok if you don't share everything you find.

• Thumbs Up 1