Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

If this movie was done in complete CGI, am I the only one who wants the human designs to be a lot like Unleashed?

• Thumbs Up 1

If this movie was done in complete CGI, am I the only one who wants the human designs to be a lot like Unleashed?

They'd better. Last thing I want is for them to look like the people in Uncanny valley 06.

A plot for a Sonic movie is not an easy thing to come up with... the Sonic continuity is so messed up and varied....

what I believe to be the best tone for a Sonic Movie is something between Sonic Adventure and  Sonic Unleashed (I'm talking about the action stuff in the opening cinematic). Black Knight writing was interesting too.

Imo it should be an action oriented movie with moderately strong comedy parts, maybe just a little lighter than Marvel Movies. An enjoyable plot that doesn't take itself too seriously.

As for what it should deal with, I'd like a semi-origin movie, with some flashbacks that show  how Sonic met Eggman and Tails.

I'd personally go for a Sonic CD/3/Adventure mash up, where Sonic 's first meeting with Knuckles is explored and bonded with Angel Island and Chaos' story.

Sonic and Tails should be presented as close friends along with a more recent interaction with Amy. The intro of the movie would be the first battle between Sonic and Tails against Metal Sonic, with Sonic meeting Amy for the first time and saving her.

In the present Day Sonic & Tails should be seen hanging out together, and Amy being somewhat close to them but also independent like she is in Sonic Adventure.

I wouldn't mind the presence of a joke character, a comic one, like maybe Big or an entirely new one.

Eggman's plan would be to collect the Master and Chaos Emeralds, and he could be aware of Chaos' Legend or discover about it later in the movie. 

I'd like Amy to have an important spotlight and maybe bond her with an E-102 Gamma esque character (his story was maybe the deepest one in SA), and I'd like to see Knuckles being tricked by Eggman to go against Sonic at first, just like in SA.

Then Having Knuckles to join forces with Sonic in the end and beating Chaos and Eggman.

The last scene could be Eggman rebuilding Metal Sonic as a nod to next movies.

It would be nice to have the 25th anniversary game as a prequel to the movie, it being a sort of soft reboot of the franchise (more like a re-telling), which deals with Sonic's first encounter with Tails and his first great battle against Eggman and Metal Sonic, and the end of the game should be the intro of the movie 

As for the movie sequels, the second movie should be about Sonic Adventure 2 , with a slightly lighter tone. Shadow presumed dead in the end, and the extra after credits scene that shows Rouge that discovers a capsule with Shadow in just like the intro of Sonic Heroes.

as for other movies, I'd like for them to explore Blaze's dimension in one of the potential sequels

t of the planet, 

P.S. As for humans, I'd like them to be like in Sonic Unleashed, and like some of you said, there's no need to explain how coloured talking animals exist on Earth. They simply are part of the planet, something like the Lebron' short tried to do

And now, theres rumors of the movie being based on Sonic Boom

"Sonic Boom is meant to branch away from the classic/legacy Sonic. Our plan is to go forward with both the modern Sonic and the legacy Sonic, but the Sonic Team will handle the legacy side of things in Japan. For us, the Western initiatives will tie into the toys, merchandising animation – movies potentially even. We’re branching out into the more upbeat adventure style theme for Sonic Boom.”

Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/whats-next-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-and-friends

The keyword being "potentially"; i.e., in the future maybe, not to do with the movie that's already on the table.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a potentially spin-off movie in the far future.

It's the Sonic Cinematic Universe GOIZ.

Movie is under Sega Japan/Sonic Team/Marza. No connection to Boom.

Any idea when we'll get more info on the movie?

By the way, the server updated at sonicthehedgehog-movie.com, before that there was a strange picture. Now it is empty. Maybe it is prepared to E3?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, they do have that meeting room, so it's not entirely out of the question they'd reveal something like that.

Since it's a video game movie, they're probably going to follow Sony's lead last year with Ratchet and reveal more about it here.

Movie is under Sega Japan/Sonic Team/Marza. No connection to Boom.

Thanks for the info!

By the way, the server updated at sonicthehedgehog-movie.com, before that there was a strange picture. Now it is empty. Maybe it is prepared to E3?

This is interesting... Maybe we really get something at E3.

And in movie Sonic and Co. is Eggman's experiments?

I don't think so.

We'll see…

I think the origins of the characters are going to be rather close to the games.

Insomniac was doing an early showing of their new Ratchet and Clank game, and eagerly talking about how it ties into their movie which is coming next year. I'm just sitting here and grumbling myself thinking, "Isn't Sonic supposed to have one of these?"

Huh... that's rather interesting! Well seeing it isn't connected to Boom is reassuring to me. Hope we get to see more info soon!

Also good luck with the script Van! Wish you the best! ~ 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because Van doesn't want to be harassed on social media about the Sonic movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... I thought of a good way to make a teaser for the movie. Bear with me as I spill the fan-made beans.

The camera looms over a city (presumably Station Square), before cutting to scenery of the city and it's attractions. The people there are happy, and enjoying their day.

In one of the shots, a blue blur (obviously Sonic) cuts through, and it continues for several shots. Very tiny snippets of the movie are scattered throughout as the camera starts to follow the blur, then it suddenly cuts to a shot of a hot dog vendor. The blur goes past it and the vendor becomes seemingly empty. The man running the vendor becomes angry and yells out, "My chilli dogs! You have to pay for th-" before getting a few rings tossed at him, to which he replies, "Thank you!"

The blur starts to run up the tallest building in the city, and the camera is still following, when the blur suddenly stops and so does the camera. It is Sonic, and he is holding a chilli dog while looking out to the city, and he turns to the camera to say, "Now, you might think that this teaser didn't show much. But, hoho man, we DID show a lot! Seriously, double-check and you'll see what I mean. See you guys soon!" And then he takes a bite out of the chilli dog, and the screen cuts to black to show other miscellaneous things.

Now just remember, if there's anything that seems off, it's because I am currently up at midnight.

He's just updated his pages with new urls, that's all

Twitter

Facebook

He's a brand now! 

I was gonna say he's "Re-branded"...

I'll get my coat.