Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

22 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

What if the film ends with the worlds merging, as a “we’re sorry” for Two Worlds? 

Merging the "Two Worlds"? Sounds like Sonic X all over again, which I definitely don't think will happen.

New HD tender of Sonic using a phone with a ring around his finger.:

EO0odimW4AAYIst.png

It's sound like that Sonic Forces: Speed Battle won't be the only game to feature Movie Sonic.:

More new ads at LAX airport.:

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm so tired of Modern Sonic at this point that I'm actually open for the idea of using the movie design as his "next gen" model, with small tweaks. I think part of the reason is because of how poorly animated and modeled he was Sonic Forces. It's so freaking boring and stiff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish SEGA put as much effort into making their Sonic games as Paramount is putting into marketing this damn thing.

• Absolutely 1

Also, I found this Netgear Hong Kong Sonic movie promotion which you can get 2 free tickets to see the movie if you buy a certain product.:

82490279_1344160882436916_4618224672343851008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=YsRzD-yODh8AX_79hLf&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=551f5b4fc972217d029bdf9130b7493b&oe=5E9DBA24

Source in Chinese (Cantonese)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a lot more video... much better video.

Heading home in a  few hours so hopefully I can put something together.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said in the past, Paramount folks believe in Sonic, most impotantly they believe he can bring them big money, and unlike SEGA, they have loads of money they can use to promote the thing.

1 hour ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

As I said in the past, Paramount folks believe in Sonic, most impotantly they believe he can bring them big money, and unlike SEGA, they have loads of money they can use to promote the thing.

SEGA has that money, too; Sonic simply isn’t important enough to their bottom line.

11 hours ago, Tarnish said:

I wish SEGA put as much effort into making their Sonic games as Paramount is putting into marketing this damn thing.

Maybe Nickelodeon will try buying Sonic?

The general rule I've seen posted in box office discussions is that marketing budget is around the same as production budget which ots around 95 million for the movie. Sega might have that kind of money but they probably wouldn't see a return that justified the expense.

9 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Sega might have that kind of money but they probably wouldn't see a return that justified the expense.

I don't think SEGA poured much money (if at all) into this movie.

17 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

I don't think SEGA poured much money (if at all) into this movie.

That part was about some comments further up on Sega spending money on promoting games.

This much marketing is much more standard for Hollywood films than it is for video games. We're just not used to seeing so much Sonic.

19 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm so tired of Modern Sonic at this point that I'm actually open for the idea of using the movie design as his "next gen" model, with small tweaks. I think part of the reason is because of how poorly animated and modeled he was Sonic Forces. It's so freaking boring and stiff. 

The model is fine, Sega just makes the rediculous blunder of making cheap, lazy, standard animation with a character design that was built perfectly for expressive animation. Swapping the movie model in there isnt gonna fix it (plus I'd really prefer Sonic stays a rubbery cartoon character).

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Natie said:

The model is fine, Sega just makes the rediculous blunder of making cheap, lazy, standard animation with a character design that was built perfectly for expressive animation. Swapping the movie model in there isnt gonna fix it (plus I'd really prefer Sonic stays a rubbery cartoon character).

Pretty much. It's not just the model, it's how they use it.

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

That part was about some comments further up on Sega spending money on promoting games.

Oh my bad. At least we got that Hooters promotion tho...

Got a lot of things to share here. So, here you go.:

Don't know what this is, but it's official. I guess it's a popcorn bucket.:

Spoiler

Another Sonic movie themed train and a billboard in Mexico.:

Spoiler

Footage of an interview with the Japanese Sonic voice actor for the movie.:

Spoiler

Found a video of the Korean Sonic voice actor for the movie and some more Korean Sonic movie promo stuff.:

Spoiler

Oh look! one of the former Sonic voice actors, Jason Griffith spotted an Sonic movie ad at LA Metro.:

Spoiler

The Sonic movie now officially had a release date for China. It will be out there in February 28th.:

Spoiler

Oooh! Nice! Sonic Forces app icon now changed to a picture of Movie Sonic. This should be interesting.:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel that a lot of the reason why we're seeing a big marketing ramp up for this movie isn't just because Paramount is putting in the big bucks, but also because of the time the movie is releasing. 

If this movie was still coming out in November, Paramount would have been in a bid war with Disney for Frozen 2 as the big kid friendly release in that month, which is a war Paramount would have been sure to lose. Since it's February, the path is pretty clear for Sonic to get relatively good ad space for cheaper than usual I imagine. He can afford to be on the buses that would have had Elsa and Anna plastered on them, or the billboards Olaf's mug would have taken up.

Of course, that's just my theory. 

• Thumbs Up 1