Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Got a lot of things to share here. So, here you go.:

Don't know what this is, but it's official. I guess it's a popcorn bucket.:

Spoiler

Another Sonic movie themed train and a billboard in Mexico.:

Spoiler

Footage of an interview with the Japanese Sonic voice actor for the movie.:

Spoiler

Found a video of the Korean Sonic voice actor for the movie and some more Korean Sonic movie promo stuff.:

Spoiler

Oh look! one of the former Sonic voice actors, Jason Griffith spotted an Sonic movie ad at LA Metro.:

Spoiler

The Sonic movie now officially had a release date for China. It will be out there in February 28th.:

Spoiler

Oooh! Nice! Sonic Forces app icon now changed to a picture of Movie Sonic. This should be interesting.:

Spoiler

I feel that a lot of the reason why we're seeing a big marketing ramp up for this movie isn't just because Paramount is putting in the big bucks, but also because of the time the movie is releasing. 

If this movie was still coming out in November, Paramount would have been in a bid war with Disney for Frozen 2 as the big kid friendly release in that month, which is a war Paramount would have been sure to lose. Since it's February, the path is pretty clear for Sonic to get relatively good ad space for cheaper than usual I imagine. He can afford to be on the buses that would have had Elsa and Anna plastered on them, or the billboards Olaf's mug would have taken up.

Of course, that's just my theory. 

7 minutes ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

I wouldn't believe at that reddit post as there is no source at all, but they will definitely do something big to promote the tickets launch. Not sure What ATM, maybe a trailer, maybe something else.

We're at 3 weeks to go with the premier on saturday, you can have no insider knowledge except the often mentioned days paramount puts up trailers and make a guess with good odds at this point.

6 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

We're at 3 weeks to go with the premier on saturday, you can have no insider knowledge except the often mentioned days paramount puts up trailers and make a guess with good odds at this point.

I know, it doesn't have to be today, but they will launch tickets eventually before the movie is out? Right? I think somebody on Twitter suggested some evidence that it was today, but that could be wrong, I'm not sure. I'm just saying, when the tickets are available for purchase, they will do something big to promote the launch. Obviously the less days towards the movie, the more likely this kind of promotion becomes.

I just bought my tickets for the Sonic movie in the UK from Cineworld! Holy shit! As someone who's dreamed of a Sonic movie since the early 90s, this seems so surreal!

I know a lot of people are talking about a final trailer today. I guess we will know by 2pm UK time as that's when the previous ones have gone up. It does seem likely! Although I don't feel that I need to see anything else though personally until the movie comes out!

Hey guys!

Keep in mind that the film is having its private premier screening tommorow in LA. We might here some criticism.

I don't think that "final trailer" that random Twitter poster talked about is happening. I honestly think that it would have been shown this week or last week if it was really THAT soon. And plus, movies that are only an hour and 30 minutes normally don't get more than 2 trailers these days.

With all this being said, I may leave this forum for a while to avoid major spoilers now. I think it's also time I admitted, I know a few people who worked on this movie. I know some people on here are probably not going to enjoy it because it's essentially "Not MY Sonic!" for some people, but as a movie on its own, for people with an open mind, and general audiences, I honestly think it's going to turn out well for them. I think it will be decent. Definitely one of the better video game movies.

Just now, Gamecuber64 said:

Keep in mind that the film is having its private premier screening tommorow in LA. We might here some criticism.

They normally have embargoes on things for a while so it all comes out at the same time. First there'll be a social media impressions embargo date then a review embargo date.

36 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We are getting a song:

On one hand a bit curious but on the other hand ty Dolla sign is in this and I remember how Scared of the Dark was BOTCHED because of his vocals imo

Haha I don't know who any of those people are. Are they rappers? Why are there four of them? Their names sound made up.

Sincerely,

34 year old man

That would be a respectable opening if it holds. I think the only thing to point out before things start being compared it that this is a 4 day holiday weekend  forecast and not the typical 3 days of most films.