Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Special poster made to celebrate Lunar New Year in Korea.:

EO8zkjQVAAAxiqm.jpg

Phone covers.:

Spoiler

EO8xYd3U0AEtXzJ.jpg

A clip of Sonic preventing soccer balls from getting to the goal.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't believe at that reddit post as there is no source at all, but they will definitely do something big to promote the tickets launch. Not sure What ATM, maybe a trailer, maybe something else.

7 minutes ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

I wouldn't believe at that reddit post as there is no source at all, but they will definitely do something big to promote the tickets launch. Not sure What ATM, maybe a trailer, maybe something else.

We're at 3 weeks to go with the premier on saturday, you can have no insider knowledge except the often mentioned days paramount puts up trailers and make a guess with good odds at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

We're at 3 weeks to go with the premier on saturday, you can have no insider knowledge except the often mentioned days paramount puts up trailers and make a guess with good odds at this point.

I know, it doesn't have to be today, but they will launch tickets eventually before the movie is out? Right? I think somebody on Twitter suggested some evidence that it was today, but that could be wrong, I'm not sure. I'm just saying, when the tickets are available for purchase, they will do something big to promote the launch. Obviously the less days towards the movie, the more likely this kind of promotion becomes.

I just bought my tickets for the Sonic movie in the UK from Cineworld! Holy shit! As someone who's dreamed of a Sonic movie since the early 90s, this seems so surreal!

I know a lot of people are talking about a final trailer today. I guess we will know by 2pm UK time as that's when the previous ones have gone up. It does seem likely! Although I don't feel that I need to see anything else though personally until the movie comes out!

Hey guys!

Keep in mind that the film is having its private premier screening tommorow in LA. We might here some criticism.

I don't think that "final trailer" that random Twitter poster talked about is happening. I honestly think that it would have been shown this week or last week if it was really THAT soon. And plus, movies that are only an hour and 30 minutes normally don't get more than 2 trailers these days.

With all this being said, I may leave this forum for a while to avoid major spoilers now. I think it's also time I admitted, I know a few people who worked on this movie. I know some people on here are probably not going to enjoy it because it's essentially "Not MY Sonic!" for some people, but as a movie on its own, for people with an open mind, and general audiences, I honestly think it's going to turn out well for them. I think it will be decent. Definitely one of the better video game movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Gamecuber64 said:

Keep in mind that the film is having its private premier screening tommorow in LA. We might here some criticism.

They normally have embargoes on things for a while so it all comes out at the same time. First there'll be a social media impressions embargo date then a review embargo date.

We are getting a song:

On one hand a bit curious but on the other hand ty Dolla sign is in this and I remember how Scared of the Dark was BOTCHED because of his vocals imo

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

36 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We are getting a song:

On one hand a bit curious but on the other hand ty Dolla sign is in this and I remember how Scared of the Dark was BOTCHED because of his vocals imo

Haha I don't know who any of those people are. Are they rappers? Why are there four of them? Their names sound made up.

Sincerely,

34 year old man

That would be a respectable opening if it holds. I think the only thing to point out before things start being compared it that this is a 4 day holiday weekend  forecast and not the typical 3 days of most films.

Remember that big Sonic head that I show yesterday? There are some more pictures of it and yes, it's a popcorn bucket that I guess!.:

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Yikes. Sorry to be negative, but that's.. pretty awful.

The theme should reflect Sonic's fast paced nature and the film's big action scenes. This is too.. Mellow and slow paced.

The singers sound high.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I was always expecting some terrible songs to be attached to this for the OST. I'm sure they'll only show up in the credits and very briefly (if at all) in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kinda reminds me of the TMNT 2014 theme, which was incidentally done by some of the same artists (Khalifa and Ty Dolla $ign were on "Shell Shocked"). Not terrible, but this is exactly the kind of thing I figured Paramount would have produced for a Sonic movie: generic song for a generic movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even Sonic 06 had good music, if a bit too morbid and serious.  Certainly “His World” and “Dreams of Absolution” were memorable.  This one I already can’t remember.

• Thumbs Up 1