Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Movie Sonic is coming to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle! I wonder who is that mysterious character? Probably likely Baby Sonic. Event will start on January 31st and will end on February 24th.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Yeah, I think when it comes to fiction in general about protecting the environment, Fish and bugs remain the casualties of death humor. 

Edit: Except when it's A LOT of fish. Then it's bad. 

Or if those fish look pretty. 

We have one set of impressions from someone at the screening.

He answers some questions down below.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

So. I remember around the time the first trailer dropped, someone’s on here posted a link to a video from a channel named Midnight’S Edge that claimed the movie was going through production trouble. I brought it up, because it seems they took it down.

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Movie Sonic is coming to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle! I wonder who is that mysterious character? Probably likely Baby Sonic. Event will start on January 31st and will end on February 24th.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wait, Teen Sonic?

I demand Old Man Sonic now.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

I demand Old Man Sonic now.

Isn't that just the Roger Craig Smith voiced Sonic? Cuz to me, his Sonic always sounded so "How do you do, fellow kids?" like. And he's monologing so freaking much like an old senile man.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nah, his voice can go much deeper...

If you mean Roger can do much deeper voices, I'm sure he can, but his Sonic still sounds like the oldest sounding Sonic we had to date if you ask me.

Apparently the review embargo for the film lifts on February 12th, 10pm PST / 2am EST....two days before the film's wide release.

Needless to say, that's cutting it a bit there. The studio seemed pretty proud of the new design's reception enough that I thought they would had let reviews come out earlier, especially with the marketing campaign in full force. Guess not though.

Am I the only one feeling we're getting too many clips and trailers now?! I'm not gonna watch any more until after I see the movie. (The parts of it I haven't already seen anyway.)

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Milo said:

Apparently the review embargo for the film lifts on February 12th, 10pm PST / 2am EST....two days before the film's wide release.

Needless to say, that's cutting it a bit there. The studio seemed pretty proud of the new design's reception enough that I thought they would had let reviews come out earlier, especially with the marketing campaign in full force. Guess not though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/releaseinfo

I'm repeating myself here but it will be out in some countries before then and a few hours before release in several others.

I do wonder how much earlier the social media impressions embargo will be because those are quite reliably posative for most films.

2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Am I the only one feeling we're getting too many clips and trailers now?! I'm not gonna watch any more until after I see the movie. (The parts of it I haven't already seen anyway.)

With the trailers, clips, TV spots and that music video giving away some details, I'd agree it's time to back away for a bit now.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic Dash boot screen had been updated with a render of Movie Sonic in it.:

EPTUbs7WoAE3BLv?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's what Movie Sonic and Baby Sonic look like in Sonic Forces: Speed Battle.:

Spoiler

eVm4WKN.png

OkPevtp.png

EPT8-6RWAAcdXoJ?format=png&name=smallEPT8-6VXsAAhp6_?format=png&name=360x360

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, they gave movie Sonic the butt-brow.

Because even though he has 2 separate eyes now (in design) they don't know any other way to get that expression on Sonic.

• Way Past Cool 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found a new clip.:

Behind the scenes footage.:

Wait wait wait wait. Tom Hanks was supposed to play Sonic at one point?