Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

It's look like the reactions have been positive so far. So, that's good news.:

Huh. You know what, this movie might do better with general audiences than I thought. While Ben Schwartz is obviously going to talk the movie up there are ways to see through Hollywood speak that usually says when something is going wrong.

I still think critics are going to dog the thing to death, because that's just their MO with family films that aren't Disney. Rottentomatoes score of 30%. Audience score between 60%-70%.

So, I've seen that minute of preview, and it's fine if not that.... there's a silly detail that bugs me.

Sonic is the guy who destroys robots and capsules in order to free the animals inside, he wants to save and protect them.

Then in the movie he has no problem letting a sea fish die on some random street. Maybe if he was going to cook and eat it, but dropping it on the street (alive) in total indifference seems a bit too far for Sonic.

I get it's a gag and all, but... it's not something Sonic would do IMO, at least not the Sonic from the games.

6 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Yeah, I think when it comes to fiction in general about protecting the environment, Fish and bugs remain the casualties of death humor. 

Edit: Except when it's A LOT of fish. Then it's bad. 

Or if those fish look pretty. 

So. I remember around the time the first trailer dropped, someone’s on here posted a link to a video from a channel named Midnight’S Edge that claimed the movie was going through production trouble. I brought it up, because it seems they took it down.

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Movie Sonic is coming to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle! I wonder who is that mysterious character? Probably likely Baby Sonic. Event will start on January 31st and will end on February 24th.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wait, Teen Sonic?

I demand Old Man Sonic now.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

I demand Old Man Sonic now.

Isn't that just the Roger Craig Smith voiced Sonic? Cuz to me, his Sonic always sounded so "How do you do, fellow kids?" like. And he's monologing so freaking much like an old senile man.

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nah, his voice can go much deeper...

If you mean Roger can do much deeper voices, I'm sure he can, but his Sonic still sounds like the oldest sounding Sonic we had to date if you ask me.

Apparently the review embargo for the film lifts on February 12th, 10pm PST / 2am EST....two days before the film's wide release.

Needless to say, that's cutting it a bit there. The studio seemed pretty proud of the new design's reception enough that I thought they would had let reviews come out earlier, especially with the marketing campaign in full force. Guess not though.

44 minutes ago, Milo said:

Apparently the review embargo for the film lifts on February 12th, 10pm PST / 2am EST....two days before the film's wide release.

Needless to say, that's cutting it a bit there. The studio seemed pretty proud of the new design's reception enough that I thought they would had let reviews come out earlier, especially with the marketing campaign in full force. Guess not though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/releaseinfo

I'm repeating myself here but it will be out in some countries before then and a few hours before release in several others.

I do wonder how much earlier the social media impressions embargo will be because those are quite reliably posative for most films.

2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Am I the only one feeling we're getting too many clips and trailers now?! I'm not gonna watch any more until after I see the movie. (The parts of it I haven't already seen anyway.)

With the trailers, clips, TV spots and that music video giving away some details, I'd agree it's time to back away for a bit now.