Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

The link just takes me to the YouTube home page instead of a video.

Oh, sorry. I don’t know why. Here it is.:

All the recent interviews and clips has put me in a genuinely-hyped mindset. I love that everyone loved working on the movie! :D

Seeing Jim Carrey (one of my favorite actors) look like he's having the time of his life playing one of my favorite characters ever, Ben Schwartz sounding like he's delivering a great VA performance, all the graphic artists who brought Sonic to life, etc. I really hope it does well enough to get some sequels!

(That interview where Carrey said "The future belongs to Robotnik" would make a killer tagline btw)

• Thumbs Up 3

That Robotnik clip is seriously good…  Also I bet people will be happy with how Tom and Maddie are being treated, between Sonic throwing them off the building, and making Tom get punched in the face (in the latest spot), it's gonna be great!

• Chuckle 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:01 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Movie Sonic is coming to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle! I wonder who is that mysterious character? Probably likely Baby Sonic. Event will start on January 31st and will end on February 24th.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was glad they didn't add Boom Sonic to the game (even though it was likely planned), but now they're adding 2 promotional versions of Sonic.

Regular characters were cool, special were nice because were just costumes for existing characters... promotional (out of canon) characters are IMO way too much. Sonic Dash had some Pacman, Android, Angry Birds, and even Hello Kitty stuff... at least this is still Sonic I guess... 6 versions of Sonic in the same game though... (and could have been 7).

In the meanwhile, with each new version, this game becomes more and more strict in enforcing the player to place at the designed position and win or lose depending on what the algorithm decided for them instead of skills, so much that lately the game started to play itself (you touch the screen and the game does what it wants, completely unrelated from your input), and bullet attacks became unavoidable most of the times even by jumping (in some older version they implemented a fake glitch that each time a player jumped, the camera would have moved down a bit, so that if you jumped too much the game would become unplayable... that to stop people from dodging bullets by jumping and punish them for trying... now they don't need that anymore, they just freeze the game for a fraction of second and force you to be hit).

I'm still playing this game, I was planning to play it at least until the new main series game is announced or released, but I'm probably leaving it sooner, the game is just not fun anymore.

On 12/7/2013 at 11:29 AM, Iggy said:

Avert your eyes, something tells me this won't be pretty.

Iggy, are you psychic?  You totally called the original Sonic Movie character redesign right here!

I love the fact that this movie is getting the hype that it is.  :)  It's not the SatAM movie I'd love to see on the big screen(that's a pipe dream at this point) but regardless, seeing people getting excited for our favorite blue mascot is gratifying in and of itself.  I can't wait for the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Better look of the new poster.:

I know I post this yesterday, but I don't know if anybody see this yet. So, here is a clip of Jeff Fowler talking about putting the game elements in the movie.:

Found some new stuff.:

Spoiler

...Yeah. I'd say Carrey's apparent interpretation would better suit Knuckles going from what the Adventure games did with his character (namely the hints that he's melancholy over his life as a guardian).

In response to Jim Carry and SleepGuyd: Didnt eggman try to kill sonic in sa2? :v

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman is rarely ever in a position to outright kill Sonic, so that's...a pretty weird thing to say.

SA2, Generations, and Unleashed are 3 instances of him literally trying to kill Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 3

" JIM CARREY UNDERSTANDS THIS FRANCHISE! This is why Dr. Eggman/Robotnik never outright kills Sonic when he could, he just wants to beat Sonic for his own gratification"

Well, there it is...the stupidest thing I'll read all day.

If anything, that's more like Sonic if you ask me. He's the typcial "hero", hogging the spotlight for his own gratification, but never tries to actually stop Eggman from wreacking havoc again the next time and put who knows how many lives in danger (again). He foils his plans to be the "hero", but does nothing to stop it from happening again. Unlike typcial comic/cartoon heroes where they at least do the cliched "handing the bad guys over to the authorities to jail them", Sonic now on multiple occasions just straight off lets Eggman walk away. At least with the classic games, you had the sense that Eggman always managed to slip out of Sonic's grasp and get away. But for example in Adventure 2, they all just casually walk out of the ARK and all go on their merry way like nothing happened.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, Ben Schwartz was on Jimmy Kimmel Live to talk about the movie today. However, Jimmy mostly poke fun of the release date than asking more questions about the movie.:

Spoiler

BTW, I forgot to post these. Jeff asked the fans to help him to choose the socks to wear for the Berlin premiere. Here's what sock that he had choose to wear for the premiere.:

I don't know if Jim meant that Eggman didn't want Sonic dead. I don't really have an issue with what Carrey said in that interview on its own. However, I do agree that the all-caps response to what he said in the tweet is ridiculous. Jim's not really being that deep here. Treating this statement like it's some amazing revelation concerning Eggman's character is odd. 

• Thumbs Up 6

20 hours ago, Jango said:

That design won't stop growing on me. Fucking Tyson Hesse. Why he's so good?

Sega, take notes

• Thumbs Up 1

So, a Sonic fan artist was hired to draw something for the Sonic movie premiere in Denmark. Very cool and lucky!:

This is what he had drawn for the premiere.:

EPeBMdqX0AE-agV?format=png&name=small

• Thumbs Up 2