Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Especially?  I get the expensive part, but you’re really going to have to explain how it’s more time-consuming to record just a few lines than to record many.

It's not as simple as calling up the actor and having them come into the studio. 

You need to go through their agent/representative (good luck), schedule things out and calculate how much money it's worth before you can even cut a deal. 

Just to have them record a line or two for a free to play mobile game.

It isn't worth it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Treat it as a rumor right now, but I just read on Sega Bits (and Era) that....

Tails appears in a mid-credits scene. He's with a radar and apparently looking for Sonic

• My Emmerdoods 2

Bummer, seems theaters in my country aren't gonna be showing this movie (not being in the "coming soon" tab at this point while Black Widow is in it pretty much spells No Sonic). And I've been looking forward to watching this movie ever since the first real trailer too. Now I have to wait for home release just to see it and I'll probably never get to watch Sonic on the big screen. That's no good.

Sonic wouldn't let a loss like this slow him down though. He inspired me enough not to become too depressed today and take this in stride. I just imagined what he'd tell me, "Life's an adventure, buddy. Don't let anything get you down, just keep movin' on!". You can really learn a thing or two from Sonic and his pals sometimes. It's one of the many reasons I'm such a huge fan.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Jango said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tails appears in a mid-credits scene. He's with a radar and apparently looking for Sonic

I'd highly recommend not viewing this spoiler if you want a delightful surprise at the end of the movie. (assuming it's true, best to play it safe and assume it is)

• Thumbs Up 3

Jeff Fowler seem to be up for sequels.:

Found some more stuff from the internet.:

Full description of the rumored post credits scene. (POSSIBLE SPOILERS).:

Spoiler

The rumor we heard, which comes from a trusted source, is that Miles “Tails” Prower himself will cameo in a mid-credits scene. We were told Tails is voiced and the gist of the scene is that Tails comes out of a ring portal saying something like “The signals say he should be here”, referring to Sonic. No word on who voices Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jango said:

Reveal hidden contents

If that spoiler is true. Then I wouldn't really be surprised in the slightest.

There was going to be a song that was supposed to be in the movie, but unfortunately, it got cut for unknown reasons.:

An adorable moment between Jim and a shy fan.

Found a good look of the NYC ads and more promotion stuff.:

2213030.jpeg

Sonic Movie Train in Brazil

Spoiler

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Jeff Fowler seem to be up for sequels.:

In that case I really hope the movie does great (the marketing and publicity is sensational, these alone could carry it into moderate success category) and we get some sequels that will show in my country. (or I get the chance to go abroad and see them) I really want to see Sonic in theaters someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

There was going to be a song that was supposed to be in the movie, but unfortunately, it got cut for unknown reasons.:

Holy crap. This remix slaps. 

I guess the film producers didn't want to pay royalties for the Green Hill remix. 

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Considering Green Hill is sampled in the second trailer, I don't think it has to do with that.

It could do. Whatever agreements are in place to use the track could vary depending on context. The royalty costs could higher for using it the main theme/single than for just a bit of lesser background music (that may or may not only be used in the trailer). We already know that the lead composer for the film couldn't use Green Hill as much as he wanted due to licensing issues.

• Thumbs Up 2

There was a tiny clip of the Movie played on the Graham Norton show (In the UK) yesterday.

It's a scene we've seen before, but with a bit of extra dialogue and this time we can hear some of the actual music from this scene:

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

It could do. Whatever agreements are in place to use the track could vary depending on context. The royalty costs could higher for using it the main theme/single than for just a bit of lesser background music (that may or may not only be used in the trailer). We already know that the lead composer for the film couldn't use Green Hill as much as he wanted due to licensing issues.

This may well be the case.  Music copyright is an extremely complicated business, but a short sample (as presented in the second trailer) would be a lot easier to clear than an extended piece (as presented in the unused track).

I still say it would have been amazing if they somehow got Crush 40 to do an original main theme for this movie. I at least hope we get more Crush 40 in later Sonic games. Sure Cash Cash and the likes are decent, but to me, nothing beats Crush 40 for Modern Sonic.

Sonic music seems noteworthy to me for its willingness to explore genres that mainstream pop charts have passed by.  Sonic 1’s soundtrack may have been closely reminiscent of what was popular at the time, but 2, 3 and CD had a lot of callback to horn-driven genres like jazz, Latin and funk.  The Adventure era had a lot of rock that sounded more like the 1980s hair metal than what replaced it, while by the time Unleashed and Colors came out with pop-punk themes, that genre had mostly subsided, too.  Then most recently, we’ve gotten Infinite’s theme, the return of Nu-Metal that nobody I know long-awaited.

Though it’s hard to tell from just one song, this movie’s soundtrack seems like it might be too tediously contemporary.  I hope I’m wrong though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Katie Chrz who is the influencer manager for SEGA attended the movie premiere in Los Angeles. She seem to like it.:

Also, in the Fandango interview, Ben did mention Roger and some of the previous Sonic voice actors. Pretty cool that he know some of them.:

Found more promotions.:

Interview video with a Brazilian reporter.:

An interesting fact about the rubber band ball joke.:

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Found some pictures of the Sonic Movie costume in San Francisco.:

Also some more stuff that I found from the internet.:

Spoiler

Sonic Movie Promo Red Packets from Singapore.:

Valpak promotion.:

New Sonic Render.:

I'll be honest, havn't really been keep up with movie news, and don't feel like treading through this extremely long thread, and good chance I won't see this at the cinema. Just wanted to ask for the sake of curiosity, any news if any other characters aside from Sonic or Eggman will be making an appearance? I guess this is perhaps sequel territory, but I can't help but be surprised if we don't get some kind of cameo at the end.

Hope the movie is good though, I doubt it'll be fantastic, but consider the low bar for both kid live action/CGI films like Alvin and The Smurfs, and the low bar for video game movies, I do kindof want this movie to succeed, if purely for the benefit of the Sonic franchise as a whole, get more kids into the games etc.

3 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I'll be honest, havn't really been keep up with movie news, and don't feel like treading through this extremely long thread, and good chance I won't see this at the cinema. Just wanted to ask for the sake of curiosity, any news if any other characters aside from Sonic or Eggman will be making an appearance? I guess this is perhaps sequel territory, but I can't help but be surprised if we don't get some kind of cameo at the end.

Hope the movie is good though, I doubt it'll be fantastic, but consider the low bar for both kid live action/CGI films like Alvin and The Smurfs, and the low bar for video game movies, I do kindof want this movie to succeed, if purely for the benefit of the Sonic franchise as a whole, get more kids into the games etc.

Tails appears in a mid-credits scene, setting up a possible sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1