Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

You'll know if that will be awesome if Dave and Buster's will have an Paramount & SEGA's Sonic VR game based the movie called Sonic the Hedgehog Speed Chase VR, it will just like other VR games like Jurassic World, Men in Black, and Terminator Dark Fates. The game plots you will drive a police car with Tom to chase after Robotnik during the battle in San Francisco not until Sonic shows up to team up with you to stop Dr. Robotnik until you are aheading to Dr. Robotnik's Base to fight him, then Robotnik jumps into his huge robot machine called Egg Destroyer that's way the final battle between Sonic and Robotnik! After that base was exploded, Robotnik was defeated, and Sonic saved the day again.

2 hours ago, Enderwoman said:

movie should quit wasting my freak in time with credits sequences just put it at the end of the movie dumb

A lot of people freaking love this tho'. Marvel Studios usually plays the important credits sequence before the full staff roll. The real post-credits scene is usually a meaningless joke that you can miss it. The same applies to the Sonic Movie according to what an Youtuber told. 

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

A lot of people freaking love this tho'. Marvel Studios usually plays the important credits sequence before the full staff roll. The real post-credits scene is usually a meaningless joke that you can miss it. The same applies to the Sonic Movie according to what an Youtuber told. 

it's a waste of time I don't like it and it is a silly trend

besides I bet the rumors are lying and there isn't actually anything significant

I don't get why you're being so petty over it. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed do ya? :V

BTW, the credits scene. It's real. Trust me.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's interesting is we knew that there was already a pre-existing credits scene - which was the game-accurate Eggman awakening in Mushroom Hill featured in the first trailer. So either they replaced it and moved it to the ending, or there's two post-credits scenes now.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I don't think it was ever confirmed if said scene is post-credits, eventhough it feels like. 

Shrek’s Donkey said it was on Reddit, and given that statement included a reference to how he’d turned into his game self at that point, before anyone had seen the trailer revealing that, that makes it pretty sure that it was accurate; not to mention that (s)he also shared about Baby Sonic and Longclaw; both of which have been confirmed.

New Sonic animation released by Paramount Pictures France.:

Here's some Pizza Promotions that I found.:

Not sure, if this is legit, but this guy is claiming that there is actually going to be two after credits scenes in the movie.:

We know one of these is going to be this scene.:

Spoiler

sth-01-02-49-18r.jpg

I betting the other one will be that rumored Tails cameo scene. I guess we will have to wait and see next week to find out.

Scene Description:

The rumor we heard, which comes from a trusted source, is that Miles “Tails” Prower himself will cameo in a mid-credits scene. We were told Tails is voiced and the gist of the scene is that Tails comes out of a ring portal saying something like “The signals say he should be here”, referring to Sonic. No word on who voices Tails.

I wonder if that means we’ll get 

Spoiler

a Tails toy.  Some would say no, but then, we got a (now inaccurate) baby Sonic toy, and I’m guessing baby Sonic won’t be in the film for too long.  Another kawaii character might be worthy of a plush.

BBFC has updated their ratings page with some details about the rating. https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/sonic-hedgehog-2020

Ratings info publication date 04/02/2020

Note: The following text may contain spoilers

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is an adventure in which a hedgehog with special abilities enlists the help of a local sheriff to help him evade government officials.

Violence
Spoiler

Scenes of violence include an owl being hit with an arrow and a bar fight featuring kicks, punches and other blows that lack detail of injury.

Threat and horror

Spoiler

Scenes of threat include chase scenes with flying robots and one in which the main characters fall off a tall building.

Rude humour

Spoiler

There is rude humour, including fart jokes.

There is very mild bad language, including 'butt' and 'jerk'.

5 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

Sonic and fart jokes...yeah, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

This is the standard of kid's film these days. It's not even scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's the majority of what's in the barrel. It's a pungent barrel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Violence
  Reveal hidden contents

Scenes of violence include an owl being hit with an arrow and a bar fight featuring kicks, punches and other blows that lack detail of injury.

Spoiler

I think it's one of those guys behind Sonic in this picture who killed the owl.:

5e0623a6855cc216f50defc5?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

So, Puma just released this clip of Sonic receiving his shoes from a little girl.:

Found a shampoo, a popcorn bag, and a Valpak envelope.:

There's been a couple of reactions from people who have seen the film at advanced screenings.

This is a review from someone who didn't like the film but thought it was fun. According to Reddit, he points out this:

• The CGI of Sonic looks unfinished in lots of scenes (probably because of the critics and reworking)

• Full of references from Game and other medias, incluiding Mario for some reason.

• Jim Carrey is near perfect as Robotnik, but he doesnt use the same clothing as he does in the games until very later on.

• James Marden doesn't work as a comedian duagonist alongside Sonic. Jim Carrey is miles funnier than him in the movie.

• Sonic backstory is sad as fuck for some reason.

• Third Act goes downhill and it's pretty bad.

• Game theme song is not used in the movie. Mostly contemporary pop songs.

• Very repetitive movie, with lots of "Sonic being fast" jokes.

• Leaves open for sequel at the end, with title card and all (like Mario movie did) So a sequel will likely depend on the movie's success

Here's another review from someone who enjoyed the film. He doesn't really seem like a great film critic, however, every film he's gotten to see at an early screening (he always praises them), has always gotten positive reception from most critics.

Another person who has allegedly seen the movie is claiming that it is flawed, but fun, and that Sonic and Robotnick are the best characters

I'm expecting mixed or decent reception like Detective Pikachu. Probably one of the better video game movies. Keep in mind again, this film has been called cheesy by a lot of audiences.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Absolutely 1

These impressions sound about right what I'm expecting.

So it looks like it will be a positive experience for a lot of people just going in for a casual time. Though unlike Detective Pikachu, it won't be wrapped up in a confused mystery plot angle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Sonic and fart jokes...yeah, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Look! Edgy elements are back! Longclaw is hit with arrows! 

24 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Look! Edgy elements are back! Longclaw is hit with arrows! 

how is a character in a movie getting injured edgy by itself

1 hour ago, Enderwoman said:

how is a character in a movie getting injured edgy by itself

Apparently the character is outright killed.  That’s not to say that this event alone would have boosted it over a G-rating, but it’s understandable why it gets a descriptor.  Remember that not every child who plays E-rated video games is going to be familiar with death; as in the real sort there’s no coming back from.

• Thumbs Up 1

This whole marketing is like someone took this comic strip and ran with it:

6185663673f4d4800d5d76e5e301fbe2.jpg

So...the bog standard marketing for literally everything, just on speed...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Marsden being weak sounds about right, out of all the footage and trailers so far, the stuff with Sonic and Eggman all seem largely alright, and I’ve got to admit Carrey as Eggman is beginning to grow on me, but everything with Tom and Maddie have been pretty bad IMO.

15 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:
  • Game theme song is not used in the movie. Mostly contemporary pop songs.

Nuts! I was hoping we'd at least get to hear that sweet smooth Green Hill Zone remix from the redesign trailer where Sonic plays baseball! Tell me they're releasing that track at least!