Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

4 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

Honestly, I don’t expect the worse nor the best out of this film. It’s looks like it’s your standard, safe family/ kids movie. Which for a video game movie, isn’t bad to say. 

Also don’t take rotten tomatoes very seriously if your still interested in this movie. All it is a collection of different critics with different tastes. If you want to see the movie, go see it and form your own opinion. 

Just saying this now because I have a bad feeling about this. 😬

Same here. Critics generally tend to really dig on anything that isn't deep drama, oscar bait, a superhero movie or something from the Mouse House. Just look at Godzilla. I say we should wait and see how the GA reacts instead, and more importantly how the box office run does. I hope with all my heart it's a success that proves that listening to fans can be a good thing.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Sonic doing the floss dance.:

Hide contents

I knew something like was going to be in the movie and I'm still kind of pissed off at it. 

I know I shouldn't be so affected by that, but the Boomer in me is enraged

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Sonic doing the floss dance.:

Reveal hidden contents

This.

Shit like this is exactly what I was concerned about with this movie, but knew would get in anyway. That forced generic writing that poorly tries to appeal to certain demographics.

Ugh this movie's writing.

Look, we can get our britches in a bunch as much as we want, but this is well within Sonic's demographic to be contemporary to whatever is cool at the time. 

So really, this isn't really any different from when he was 90's incarnate back in the day, so...let's just ignore it and see it for what it is. 

After someone thought a lot of us wanted to see the Powerpuff Girls twerking, I am not bothered by this.

But even if my eyes had been spared that Lolita-lite gag, I don’t see what’s so bothersome about this.  It’s not an embarrassingly sexual dance, let alone on a child, it’s not a dance overexposed to the irritating levels of the Macarena or Gangnam Style, it doesn’t have an obnoxiously lame song promoting it like “Crank Dat”, and it’s not the sort of thing that’ll actually date the movie.  Sonic doing a specific dance won’t be relevant forever, but past the fad it’ll just be Sonic dancing; nothing wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, StarWarsSonic said:

Rotten Tomatoes current score is 61%!!
19 fresh reviews and 12 rotten reviews

Damn.. 61% is a crap score. Then again, most of us expected this film to be trash anyway.

These days if cricits give a movie a bad score, the audience is gonna eat it up, and vice versa. Rarely do the critics and audience agree anymore.

1 hour ago, StarWarsSonic said:

Rotten Tomatoes current score is 61%!!
19 fresh reviews and 12 rotten reviews

Damn.. 61% is a crap score. Then again, most of us expected this film to be trash anyway.

Look at Last Jedi's reviews then the audience reaction. Really can't judge by reviews anymore.