Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

18 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I did say this after that first post, so its not like I'm lacking in self awareness of the situation.

Fair

We got a Rotten Tomatoes consensus now lads! [it's also currently at 69% with 54 reviews, on the verge of passing Detective Pikachu as the second-highest rated video game movie on the site, even for a moment]

Fittingly fleet and frequently fun, Sonic the Hedgehog is a video game-inspired adventure the whole family can enjoy -- and a fine excuse for Jim Carrey to tap into the manic energy that launched his career.

• Fist Bump 1

I seriously wonder how different the film would have been received if they hadn't changed the design. The movie would have essentially been the exact same in every way aside from Sonic's look. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

71% Fresh rating now and is beating Detective Pikachu which is at 69% 😜 SEGA does what Nintendon’t.

I also love how it has a higher rating than Star Wars Episode 9 (52% rotten)😂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

I seriously wonder how different the film would have been received if they hadn't changed the design. The movie would have essentially been the exact same in every way aside from Sonic's look. 

The look itself was horrible enough to ruin it. I mean I don't think I could stomach any of the cool, cute or funny scenes if he looked like the abomination he was.

6 minutes ago, StarWarsSonic said:

71% Fresh rating now and is beating Detective Pikachu which is at 69% 😜 SEGA does what Nintendon’t.

Man, until now, could you ever imagine that someday, Sonic the freaking Hedgehog would at some point would, for even a moment, become the HIGHEST RATED VIDEO GAME MOVIE IN HISTORY?! I stilll can hardly believe my eyes.

Massive props to Mr. Fowler for realizing this mistake and actually listening to us, Tyson Hesse and the other designers for inventing this cool new design and last but definitely not least, the unfortunate heroes, the animation studio responsible for the design who sadly went bankrupt just to fix this mess. I like to believe part of the reason the movie is doing well so far is the good karma from letting us fans and audiences have our say in the movie instead of just sticking with their poopy idea like they wanted to (like some people did and still do).

31 minutes ago, StarWarsSonic said:

Literally the moderator post above you said we don't need a live feed on the Rotten Tomatoes scores. Stop.

If you guys want to talk about specific reviews, that's fine, but do more than gloating about scores.

• Thumbs Up 5

Detective Pikachu was a very enjoyable film, and saw similar scores. 

I'm really pumped. This should be great, and I can see this really helping the franchise find a clear thematic drive for the decade. A great start! (kinda like the last two decades! Oof!)

11 hours ago, StarWarsSonic said:

Rotten Tomatoes current score is 61%!!
19 fresh reviews and 12 rotten reviews

Damn.. 61% is a crap score. Then again, most of us expected this film to be trash anyway.

1 hour ago, StarWarsSonic said:

Enacted quite a turnaround didn't you? :U

• Chuckle 3

I’m just noticing that the render used on a bunch of the official merch still has Sonic wear his old pre-redesign shoes

76418-A78-4-CCD-48-CD-901-D-4-E2-B3-D03-

So, what, was there a period toward the end of the new design’s life where they were going to keep the shoes?

5 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

I’m just noticing that the render used on a bunch of the official merch still has Sonic wear his old pre-redesign shoes

76418-A78-4-CCD-48-CD-901-D-4-E2-B3-D03-

So, what, was there a period toward the end of the new design’s life where they were going to keep the shoes?

sonic's redesign shoes are slightly edited versions of pre-existing puma shoes, so the merchandisers likely didn't get the rights for the puma shoes.

I hope more people realized that rotten tomatoes scores changes as more reviews get added. It’s not gonna stay a 70%. For an example Birds of Prey started off with a score around 89% it’s now at a 80%

But it’s not a bad start either, I expected something lower than that.

It seems like Jim Carrey is the most divisive element of this movie, which given it’s Jim Carrey, isn’t surprising.  I admit; I have not liked any of his movies that I’ve seen, though I haven’t seen many, but the common statement of both positive and negative reviews is that he’s channeling his performances from those ones I disliked.

The one thing that might save it for me here is that this time, Carrey’s character actually is supposed to be a madman that a lot of people would love to punch, and at least one person actually does.

I'm surprised and very, very hyped. There's lots of love for this movie on social media from fans and non-fans.

After many years of pessimism, it's really nice and even shocking to see Sonic in a positive light again, even if it's just temporary. This is a silly optimistic tough, but I think this success will bring very good things for the franchise.

On 12/7/2013 at 1:34 PM, azoo said:

So if this movie is coming soon, what if it's the precursor to Sonic Boom...

We had a good run, guys. 

RIP Azukara

Sonic fan from 1998 - 2013

"Sayonara, Sonic the Hedgehog"

death via a radical train

Well, all joking aside, this didn't age well.

Pictures from yesterday night's special screening and a GMA interview video with James Marsden.:

Spoiler

So, one of the SEGA employees posted this picture of Ben and some of the SEGA staff. They are all seem to be very happy and proud.:

Found some stuff.:

EQrMxREX0AcaMGG?format=jpg&name=medium

55 minutes ago, Jango said:

Holy shit, 2013 :o

Yup. We've known about this movie for that long.

50 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

image.png.919476f974b857fb2685e3f9f6b22583.png

How unfortunate, I really wanted this movie to flop critically.

What benefit would there be for it to flop critically (nevermind a 64% Tomatometer isn't that great to begin with [it just means slightly more than half of critics thinks it's worth a damn], but this is a video game movie)? Heavens forbid it's still good enough that critics enjoyed watching it, even if they don't think it's that good critically.