Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

There will be a fight between Sonic and Tails at some point. Just as Sonic is settling into his new "family", Tails arrives and pretty much orders him to come back with him. This creates the necessary tension between the two,  and this continues until either Robotnik returns, or a new enemy arrives. Not sure how this will end though.

I also think that Sonic and Tails won't get along with each other at first, due to Tails wanting Sonic to come back to their home planet and Sonic not wanting to go because he just made a home with Tom and Maddie.  I can see them slowly bonding with each other throughout the film as they start to realize that they have a lot in common.

• Thumbs Up 2

New concept art released by Jeff Fowler.:

Also, it's turn out that the desert scene was actually filmed in Abu Dhabi. I thought the scene was filmed in Morocco.:

Spoiler

EL8bPdyVAAADzo8?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 1

So, there's been rumors going on that apparently Sonic and Tails already know each other. Keep in mind these are just rumors, but if that's the case, then how in the world did Sonic and Tails know each other?  Did Sonic stop by a planet that Tails lived on and Tails happened to see Sonic passing through?  Or did Sonic become friends with Tails, but he had to leave Tails' planet and he somehow forgot all about Tails?

Do you think this is true and how do you think that Sonic and Tails had met before?

Here is the preview of the new upcoming Sonic movie short.:

Also, according to Lee Majdoub, he mentioned a scene that haven't made into the final cut of the movie in his stream.:

I do wonder why they made a Sonic animated short based off the movie.  Is it some kind of short that extended more on the plot threads in the movie or is it something random?

Info on one of the deleted scenes.:

Spoiler

In the deleted scene, Longclaw actually escapes with Sonic to earth, and the duo live together in hiding. In the end, Longclaw still dies before the main action of the story gets going, but she does so of old age, in Sonic's hideout, with Sonic by her side and caring for her.

The majority of the clip is unfinished CGI, clearly this idea was scrapped and replaced with the version we got early on. But not too early. Some of the scene looks to be completely done, or very close to it, and it's complete with the version of Sonic that we got in the film, not the earlier version that was met with an outcry from fans. This means this concept wasn't entirely dropped until some time after the redesign took place.

In the end, the change doesn't impact the larger story. Perhaps there was a feeling that the opening needed more action, or, more than likely, the feeling was this version of the scene just went on too long. The version of Sonic the Hedgehog we saw gets through the backstory stuff much faster. In fact, the deleted scenes also include an alternate introduction for James Marsden's character as well, so there was a lot more content earlier in the movie at one point than what we got.

Generally speaking, the fast you can cut to the chase the better. You certainly don't want a movie about a character like Sonic the Hedgehog to start off feeling slow.

Source

Personally, I loved this movie. It served as a good origin story for Sonic, set up the Sonic/Robotnik rivalry, and gave a good jumping on point for new/returning fans. I can't wait to see where they go from here, and what game elements/stories will be incorporated into the films.  This was the first game adaptation/live action-CG hybrid that gave equal focus to the human and CG character. This felt like a sonic movie with Tom as a co-star, rather than Tom the movie co-starring Sonic. Personally, I hope we get more adaptations like this, where the worst part is the floss dance. But maybe that is just me. XD

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Info on one of the deleted scenes.:

Hide contents

In the deleted scene, Longclaw actually escapes with Sonic to earth, and the duo live together in hiding. In the end, Longclaw still dies before the main action of the story gets going, but she does so of old age, in Sonic's hideout, with Sonic by her side and caring for her.

The majority of the clip is unfinished CGI, clearly this idea was scrapped and replaced with the version we got early on. But not too early. Some of the scene looks to be completely done, or very close to it, and it's complete with the version of Sonic that we got in the film, not the earlier version that was met with an outcry from fans. This means this concept wasn't entirely dropped until some time after the redesign took place.

In the end, the change doesn't impact the larger story. Perhaps there was a feeling that the opening needed more action, or, more than likely, the feeling was this version of the scene just went on too long. The version of Sonic the Hedgehog we saw gets through the backstory stuff much faster. In fact, the deleted scenes also include an alternate introduction for James Marsden's character as well, so there was a lot more content earlier in the movie at one point than what we got.

Generally speaking, the fast you can cut to the chase the better. You certainly don't want a movie about a character like Sonic the Hedgehog to start off feeling slow.

Source

Spoiler

Yeah I'm glad they didn't go that route. Not only would that have been slow unnecessary padding, but it also wouldn't make sense for Sonic to still be so lonely if she still had Longclaw with him instead of being all by himself for 10 whole years. Sure he'd be sad over Longclaw's death, but it wouldn't be as if he had no family or friends or anyone to talk to for most of his life. It would the progression of his friendship with the Wachowskis and the people of Green Hills.

Plus the way they dealt with Longclaw's disappearance makes her "death" more ambiguous. It's quite possible that the Echidnas didn't kill Longclaw and only captured her to interrogate her about Sonic, and maybe Tails is searching for Sonic to tell him about this so that they could go rescue her together.

Finally, Longclaw didn't seem quite so old that she'd die of old age in 10 years either. She looked and sounded like she's middle-aged at most. Not an old lady.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do wonder why they made a Sonic animated short based off the movie.  Is it some kind of short that extended more on the plot threads in the movie or is it something random?

It’s just a tie in as Disney has done it before

So, according to this guy, there will be 5 deleted scenes that will be in the home release of the movie.:

14 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

8 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

It’s just a tie in as Disney has done it before

Yep, just like the Spider-Ham short that was included in the home release of the Spider-Man: Into the Spideverse.:

• Thumbs Up 1

That is absolutely horrifying. Not one bit of exaggeration, that is pure nightmare fuel.

• Thumbs Up 4

Spoiler

Longclaw with the spindash lol

Nice usage of the owl features too. The headspin is spot on.

I adore her character man, I hope they utilize her in the sequel.

Are the special features available on UK digital stores? I can't see any evidence on their pages that they include any features. Am I just missing them?

I know people are gonna mention the fact they show clips of Sonic 4 and Sonic 06 in that Santa video, but I'm more thinking "Hey guys, I thought Michael Jackson was an inspiration for the shoes, why aren't we mentioning him all of a sudden?" 😛 (I know why we don't mention him).

Also, weird how the ring portal burns away in that scene, did the echidna's (or lizards at this point) launch fire arrows?

12 hours ago, The Man On The Inside said:

Are the special features available on UK digital stores? I can't see any evidence on their pages that they include any features. Am I just missing them?

I just found out the UK release in inexplicably April 27th!!! What bullshit. All cinemas are closed, there is no other way to watch the movie, I wonder what possible reason there is for this decision? (As you can probably tell it's pissed me off haha)

10 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

I know people are gonna mention the fact they show clips of Sonic 4 and Sonic 06 in that Santa video, but I'm more thinking "Hey guys, I thought Michael Jackson was an inspiration for the shoes, why aren't we mentioning him all of a sudden?" 😛 (I know why we don't mention him).

Also, weird how the ring portal burns away in that scene, did the echidna's (or lizards at this point) launch fire arrows?

I don't know why they wouldn't mention something about an innocent person TBH. He did inspired Sonic's shoes, the golden buckle thingy.

Fandango has uploaded the first 8 minutes of the film officially if there's anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 

God that baby sonic is....uh

Also, where does the idea of longclaw even come from?

How do you think Sonic's movie personality was?

Found more deleted scenes.:

Also, BTW, Microsoft is giving away a Sonic movie themed Xbox One.: