Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Yes. And I hope they can hold to that as best as possible. Sonic characters are in a unique position because many of them are important enough to take agency in a plot and be engaging as one man shows. That's how a lot of these characters just are, that's why using them sparingly is so important.

It's already going to be tough as is if we're going to squeeze in Tail's plot, Earth, and the return of Robotnik into the second movie without making everything seem utterly scattered. Here's hoping that it can be managed in some way.

I also hope they stick to the "not making the film overcrowded" plan.  I have seen videos where people want so many Sonic characters to appear in one film and even though I wouldn't mind seeing characters like Shadow, Silver, and Rogue pop up in the films, that would be pushing the plot line way too much.  Movies tend to work in a different way than video games or TV shows do. You can't just jam in so many characters into one movie and expect the movie to work out that easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

So this tweet has been making the rounds specifically and apparently there's a small debate being had as to it:

Is Tyson saying this is Pachamanac? Or just an homage to him?

Some have been saying this tweet here confirms it.

Though I'm kinda in doubt of that, it should be noted that in the original recut of this scene which may have had the Echidna just immediately replacing lizard models, no specific shot of any Echidna is given too much attention outside of the ones breaking into the hut through the window. In the final scene, this specific echidna is the only one who has orange feathers on his headdress, and a special mask. The others all have blue feathers on their heads and just ordinary looking masks. That would imply that this guy is the leader of the thugs out to catch Sonic. Whether that is Pachamanac or not is up to some debate, but there is a specificity there that can't be ignored.

Spoiler

Amy could be reimagined as a shy girl who just has a slight crush on Sonic. But she can have a character arc - she grows into a badass by Sonic 3 and shares a kiss with Sonic maybe? Or she can be independent from the start and have a relationship with Sonic unlike the games. Let him have a romance 

45 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So this tweet has been making the rounds specifically and apparently there's a small debate being had as to it:

Though I'm kinda in doubt of that, it should be noted that in the original recut of this scene which may have had the Echidna just immediately replacing lizard models, no specific shot of any Echidna is given too much attention outside of the ones breaking into the hut through the window. In the final scene, this specific echidna is the only one who has orange feathers on his headdress, and a special mask. The others all have blue feathers on their heads and just ordinary looking masks. That would imply that this guy is the leader of the thugs out to catch Sonic. Whether that is Pachamanac or not is up to some debate, but there is a specificity there that can't be ignored.

Hide contents

Damn.

You know, I couldn't help but feel the hotel scene was a missed opportunity and now I see that opportunity would've been at the beginning of the movie at one point.

So, I finally saw the movie now that it's out on digital. It was great, from the writing to the performances. Here's my thoughts.

Spoiler

I really am pleased the filmmakers stuck to their promise of Sonic being the main character above all others. The only scenes he's not in are the ones involving Robotnik (after-movie stinger included), the one where they establish Tom and Maddie, and the Tails tease after the end credits. Every other scene has Sonic in it in some way, and in most of them, he's front and center. This movie is about him most of all-- his backstory is one of the first parts of the film (even if that part is disappointingly short), his grappling with ten years of loneliness as a result of that backstory is what kickstarts the plot, and his relationships with Tom, Maddie, and later, all of Green Hills once he accidentally makes himself known is a central theme. And while, to some extent, his human co-stars (who I like, by the way) do chip in, their time on the screen doesn't overpower his own. It's great to see filmmakers that understand the importance of having the title character actually be the star instead of having the humans steal the spotlight.

Sonic was fairly on-point in this film. He still has the attitude he's known for, but is a bit more hyperactive, mischievous, and energetic because he's slightly younger in this take on him. I did feel sorry for the little guy in the early parts of the film because of his loneliness and emotional vulnerability. Not having many friends sucks, and I know how it feels sometimes.

loved the climax, especially the part where Sonic stops running and he and Robotnik finally face off. Yeah, it's kind of corny because of Tom's "he was my friend" comment being what reinvigorated a down-and-out Sonic, but it's also awesome because of how it's executed, and satisfying because Sonic finally got what he wanted after a decade of solitude. He stops playing games after that because now he has a reason to go all-out, and the sheer spectacle of how he finishes the doctor off had me grinning from ear to ear the first time I saw it. Definitely gonna go down as one of my favorite movie scenes. The music, effects, and cinematography really help.

Overall, I am immensely glad that everything worked out in the end, and I'm sure many fans will love this movie for years to come and that it'll serve as a great entry point for new fans. I appreciate that many of the people working on the film are long-time fans of Sonic themselves, and I hope the inevitable sequel is just as good, if not better.

As a fellow Sonic fan, it's a wonderful thing to know they got his first foray on the big screen right.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

So, I finally saw the movie now that it's out on digital. It was great, from the writing to the performances. Here's my thoughts.

Hide contents

I really am pleased the filmmakers stuck to their promise of Sonic being the main character above all others. The only scenes he's not in are the ones involving Robotnik (after-movie stinger included), the one where they establish Tom and Maddie, and the Tails tease after the end credits. Every other scene has Sonic in it in some way, and in most of them, he's front and center. This movie is about him most of all-- his backstory is one of the first parts of the film (even if that part is disappointingly short), his grappling with ten years of loneliness as a result of that backstory is what kickstarts the plot, and his relationships with Tom, Maddie, and later, all of Green Hills once he accidentally makes himself known is a central theme. And while, to some extent, his human co-stars (who I like, by the way) do chip in, their time on the screen doesn't overpower his own. It's great to see filmmakers that understand the importance of having the title character actually be the star instead of having the humans steal the spotlight.

Sonic was fairly on-point in this film. He still has the attitude he's known for, but is a bit more hyperactive, mischievous, and energetic because he's slightly younger in this take on him. I did feel sorry for the little guy in the early parts of the film because of his loneliness and emotional vulnerability. Not having many friends sucks, and I know how it feels sometimes.

loved the climax, especially the part where Sonic stops running and he and Robotnik finally face off. Yeah, it's kind of corny because of Tom's "he was my friend" comment being what reinvigorated a down-and-out Sonic, but it's also awesome because of how it's executed, and satisfying because Sonic finally got what he wanted after a decade of solitude. He stops playing games after that because now he has a reason to go all-out, and the sheer spectacle of how he finishes the doctor off had me grinning from ear to ear the first time I saw it. Definitely gonna go down as one of my favorite movie scenes. The music, effects, and cinematography really help.

Overall, I am immensely glad that everything worked out in the end, and I'm sure many fans will love this movie for years to come and that it'll serve as a great entry point for new fans. I appreciate that many of the people working on the film are long-time fans of Sonic themselves, and I hope the inevitable sequel is just as good, if not better.

As a fellow Sonic fan, it's a wonderful thing to know they got his first foray on the big screen right.

Glad you enjoyed the movie! I really enjoyed this movie too and I hope that the sequel will be just as good, if not better than this movie!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the full version of the Sonic movie short that I found.:

The places that he had visited in the short are.:

Spoiler

Los Angeles

Arches National Park in Utah

Chichén Itzá in Mexico

NYC

London

Paris

India

Japan

Australia 

On 4/5/2020 at 2:19 AM, VisionaryofSUPER said:

You know it would actually be pretty interesting if the Knuckles Clan, Sonic and Knuckles himself existed at the same time. I could see a new Knuckles origin story having him be an outcast of his clan, being exiled for rebelling against their violent ways. This would really set the basis for his grumpy loner with a heart of gold personality. It would also give him some neat parallels to Sonic with the loneliness, and would make his eventual bond with Sonic and Tails very strong too.

Speaking of the Clan, if Pachacaman is around, Tikal could be around as well. Having Tikal be from the same time as Knuckles has a lot of potential. She could share Knuckles distaste for their clan's violent ways, giving them a strong bond as she would be the only member of the clan nice to Knuckles. They could potentially be siblings, simply close friends, or perhaps something more intimate. No matter their relationship though, she would be heartbroken when her friend/brother/significant other (that rhymes!) is exiled, but would be unable to join him as she's next in line for Chief and thus she would not be allowed to leave.

Going this route, the stage is set for a future movie's plot. You could have Knuckles meet Sonic and Tails in exile, they would have conflict because of Longclaw's death/disappearance. But their rivalry would have to be put aside when they have to team up to stop the Knuckles Clan's latest scheme to raid Chaos' shrine and take the Chaos Emeralds for themselves. Along the way, Knuckles would come to an understanding with Sonic and Tails, becoming friends with them as well. Tikal would also join them later, tired of watching their clan's violence and ready to actively rebel against it.

Then you could either have a good ending where the clan is stopped and the disaster never happens, maybe the heroes can convince all the reluctant warriors of the clan who are too afraid to challenge Pachacamac to stand up for their ideals and overthrow the chief after a large coup, with Tikal taking over as the new Chief (with Knuckles potentially ruling by her side depending on their relationship) and Pachacamac himself being fittingly exiled (potentially teaming up with Robotnik for revenge later)

Or you could go the bittersweet route in which the heroes fail to convince or stop the clan. Thus the shrine is destroyed, the Chao are massacred and Chaos awakens. He kills most of the tribe and threatens to raze the world in vengeance, but Tikal sacrifices herself by sealing her and Chaos into the Master Emerald like in canon, preventing any more destruction and causing the clan to reform anyway. Knuckles strong bond with Tikal would make this sacrifice even sadder and would really justify his single minded to guarding the M.E too.

You could even go a third route, taking a page from Sonic Adventure. Instead of the Echidnas causing Chaos to be unleashed, have Robotnik step in and do it while the heroes are busy fighting the Clan. Have him try to take Chaos under his control and power him up into Perfect Chaos like in the games. But then Sonic absorbs the positive energy of the Emeralds, goes super, knocks some sense into Chaos and defeats Robotnik in one fell swoop. Witnessing all this, Pachacamac and the clan realize their mistakes and change their ways, becoming guardians of the Emeralds instead of ruthless conquerors. (or you could have Pachacamac refuse to change and be exiled and replaced by Tikal and maybe Knuckles like the other good ending)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sonario said:

You know it would actually be pretty interesting if the Knuckles Clan, Sonic and Knuckles himself existed at the same time. I could see a new Knuckles origin story having him be an outcast of his clan, being exiled for rebelling against their violent ways. This would really set the basis for his grumpy loner with a heart of gold personality. It would also give him some neat parallels to Sonic with the loneliness, and would make his eventual bond with Sonic and Tails very strong too.

Speaking of the Clan, if Pachacaman is around, Tikal could be around as well. Having Tikal be from the same time as Knuckles has a lot of potential. She could share Knuckles distaste for their clan's violent ways, giving them a strong bond as she would be the only member of the clan nice to Knuckles. They could potentially be siblings, simply close friends, or perhaps something more intimate. No matter their relationship though, she would be heartbroken when her friend/brother/significant other (that rhymes!) is exiled, but would be unable to join him as she's the chief's daughter and thus she would not be allowed to leave.

Going this route, the stage is set for a future movie's plot. You could have Knuckles meet Sonic and Tails in exile, they would have conflict because of Longclaw's death/disappearance. But their rivalry would have to be put aside when they have to team up to stop the Knuckles Clan's latest scheme to raid Chaos' shrine and take the Chaos Emeralds for themselves. Along the way, Knuckles would come to an understanding with Sonic and Tails, becoming friends with them as well. Tikal would also join them later, tired of watching their clan's violence and ready to actively rebel against it.

Then you could either have a good ending where the clan is stopped and the disaster never happens, maybe the heroes can convince all the reluctant warriors of the clan who are too afraid to challenge Pachacamac to stand up for their ideals and overthrow the chief after a large coup, with Tikal taking over as the new Chief (with Knuckles potentially ruling by her side depending on their relationship) and Pachacamac himself being fittingly exiled (potentially teaming up with Robotnik for revenge later)

You could even go a third route, taking a page from Sonic Adventure. Instead of the Echidnas causing Chaos to be unleashed, have Robotnik step in and do it while the heroes are busy fighting the Clan. Have him try to take Chaos under his control and power him up into Perfect Chaos like in the games. But then Sonic absorbs the positive energy of the Emeralds, goes super, knocks some sense into Chaos and defeats Robotnik in one fell swoop. Witnessing all this, Pachacamac and the clan realize their mistakes and change their ways, becoming guardians of the Emeralds instead of ruthless conquerors. (or you could have Pachacamac refuse to change and be exiled and replaced by Tikal and maybe Knuckles like the other good ending)

I really like this idea! 

I was thinking about how to make Pachamac fit and was assuming there could be some time travel going on — Sonic might return to his world and find that it's actually been much longer than it seemed because time passes differently on Earth — and so the Knuckles Clan that attacked him are long extinct, and Robotnik has had time to assume control of Sonic's planet after he found his way off of the mushroom world.

And then Knuckles has his usual origin of Sonic 3, being the first to encounter Robotnik and believing Sonic is coming for his Emeralds, and Sonic recognizing Knuckles as a member of the tribe who killed Longclaw. Together they learn about what happened to the Pachamac Clan in flashbacks through Tikal/the Master Emerald... and then the ending is a combination of Sonic Adventure/Sonic 3K.

Instead of releasing Chaos from the Master Emerald, Robotnik's plan is to steal the Master Emerald and return to Earth to rule with its power. Sonic goes Super with the Chaos Emeralds that Knuckles provides him, and stops Robotnik and returns the Master Emerald. 

But I have to say I like your version better, I think those changes are smart. I like the idea of Knuckles not being the literal last of the Echidnas, and him being a rebel and outcast is a stronger and more active choice for him. I like the way that it also reincorporates the Echidnas into present-day Knuckles, like the old Archie series but obviously much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like Chaos could be the big Thanos of the movie series. I'd say his appearance would be hinted at in some way in the second movie, but then he'll really come out in full force in one of the later stories.

The Knuckles Clan still being around leads to some interesting implications about his place in the Sonic world. Is he a known force as a guardian of the shrine who still mutated, or is he some force within the master emerald?

Also I think the implications this has for Angel Island is interesting, because as far as we know, Angel Island didn't start flying until Chaos was sealed in the Master Emerald. Will Angel Island still be in the movie universe as some kind of flying fortress for the Knuckles Clan? I'd say that'd be a really cool idea and would be really cool worldbuilding as to why the Clan were able to conquer so many other kingdoms. They basically just fly wherever they want to on Mobius, and then glide down to their unsuspecting victims.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I feel like Chaos could be the big Thanos of the movie series. I'd say his appearance would be hinted at in some way in the second movie, but then he'll really come out in full force in one of the later stories.

The Knuckles Clan still being around leads to some interesting implications about his place in the Sonic world. Is he a known force as a guardian of the shrine who still mutated, or is he some force within the master emerald?

Also I think the implications this has for Angel Island is interesting, because as far as we know, Angel Island didn't start flying until Chaos was sealed in the Master Emerald. Will Angel Island still be in the movie universe as some kind of flying fortress for the Knuckles Clan? I'd say that'd be a really cool idea and would be really cool worldbuilding as to why the Clan were able to conquer so many other kingdoms. They basically just fly wherever they want to on Mobius, and then glide down to their unsuspecting victims.

I personally don’t see chaos as a big enough threat to be the thanos

for that role I would think black doom or mammoth mogul from the Archie comics

2 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Not a bad idea. I do think it would be interesting to contrast whatever misdeeds the Knuckles Clan did with the power of the Master Emerald in the past, with how Eggman wants to use it in the present, as a way to build up the tension to why Robotnik absolutely must be stopped.

Also. The movie has an opportunity to do something no other Sonic story has ever done — tell an origin story for the Chaos Emeralds themselves. We know about the powers of the Emeralds and the relationship between the emeralds and the Master Emerald, but there's never been a serious attempt to explain them in the way that the Sonic movie explained power rings.

I don't think they will make it so complicated, it's still a kids movie. What I would like, and seeing the route they are going for apparently, is the Sonic 1 - 2 - 3&K trilogy adaptation, Sonic 2 introduces Tails, his origin story and his bond with Sonic, as well as (maybe) Metal Sonic and badniks, full on Eggman development for the doctor, 1 Chaos emerald that explains Sonic's speed gift origin, the return of Longclaw and the echidnas training Knuckles to match Sonic. The last movie of the trilogy would culminate in Longclaw's ultimate death by the echidna clan, the whole clan killed by Sonic, and so the conflict between Sonic and Knuckles, Robotnik searches for the other 6 emeralds, builds the Death Egg, the heroes soon realise it was Robotnik who exterminated Longclaw and the clan, so they team up (including Tails) against Eggman, as Sonic turns into Super Sonic. Plus, throughout the sequels, more travelling around planets. The final movie ends with the ultimate fight: Super Sonic VS Death Egg Robot.

The 2 variables to consider:

1. You would have to include Tom, especially because Sonic lives with him, he's the human protagonist, it would be dumb not to include him in the sequels tbh, I would also love to see Maddie fleshed out more at least in Sonic 2.

2. Let's be real, Jim Carrey most likely signed for a trilogy, nothing less and nothing more. It's already a miracle that/if he stays. He's such a huge part of this live action adaptation, it would be cruel to continue without him, but I would be open to a soft reboot of some kind for an hypothetical fourth movie with Chaos and/or Shadow, plus Amy and more humans.

Still, for now I want that complete classic trilogy. I'm happy with that.

So I just had another idea of how they could introduce Chaos. What if he's trapped inside the Master Emerald and being abused by the Knuckles Clan, and by the end of the sequel Robotnik steals the Master Emerald with the intent on opening it and the cliffhanger having him about to release Chaos.

1 hour ago, Leebo4 said:

I personally don’t see chaos as a big enough threat to be the thanos

for that role I would think black doom or mammoth mogul from the Archie comic

I mean, he's certainly not Thanos in terms of power, but I mean that he's something that can be alluded to just as some greater threat to be dealt with. He's so tied with the Chaos emeralds in that sense that he can easily be alluded to. 

54 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

I don't think they will make it so complicated, it's still a kids movie.

I'm sure there are ways they can introduce Chaos while keeping it relatively simple. He is a giant monster after all, and kids would damn well eat up a giant action scene in a flooded city between Super Sonic and a giant monster. It's also a good way to keep the adventure tied to Earth because Sonic Adventure takes place in a human environment.

And if we want to keep Jim Carrey as a prominent villain throughout, he could use some sort of controlling machine on Chaos to make him obey. I remember one issue of the Sonic X comics did this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man oh man, the potential of the Knuckles Tribe...

Mogul would've been cool if Scott Fulop didn't also try to sue Archie.

If any character is the Thanos of Sonic, it’s Enerjack.

Not saying he’s going to be used, for blatently obvious reasons, but...he’s able evaporate people into nothing, so duh.

12 hours ago, Sonario said:

Speaking of the Clan, if Pachacaman is around, Tikal could be around as well. Having Tikal be from the same time as Knuckles has a lot of potential. She could share Knuckles distaste for their clan's violent ways, giving them a strong bond as she would be the only member of the clan nice to Knuckles. They could potentially be siblings, simply close friends, or perhaps something more intimate. No matter their relationship though, she would be heartbroken when her friend/brother/significant other (that rhymes!) is exiled, but would be unable to join him as she's the chief's daughter and thus she would not be allowed to leave.

Or you could go the bittersweet route in which the heroes fail to convince or stop the clan. Thus the shrine is destroyed, the Chao are massacred and Chaos awakens. He kills most of the tribe and threatens to raze the world in vengeance, but Tikal sacrifices herself by sealing her and Chaos into the Master Emerald like in canon, preventing any more destruction and causing the clan to reform anyway. Knuckles strong bond with Tikal would make this sacrifice even sadder and would really justify his single minded to guarding the M.E too.

I really love the idea of Knuckles being an outcast because he didn't agree with his clan's violent ways.  It would make Knuckles even more sympathetic and also give some more depth to his character as he struggles to figure out where he really belongs in the world since he's been exiled, but at the same time, doesn't know what to do next.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just something I noticed re-watching the movie.

When Sonic stepped up to bat in the beginning of the movie, he did so donning the gear of the Spring Valley visiting team. His red batters cap and the "SV" cap worn by the third base coach confirms as much. At the time, I thought it was odd that the Sonic playing the kid hero in this fake game wasn't donning the home team colors, but I waived it off as a play on Sonic being a visitor to this world so I ignored it.

But then I got to thinking. Sonic hyped himself up mid bat by telling himself that by winning the game, he would become the most loved kid in Green Hills. But despite his internal monologue - crushing the game winning hit would only serve to make him the most hated kid in Green Hills. His name would go down in local lure as the child who crushed their hopes at winning a championship.

Movie Ruined.

😋

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I really love the idea of Knuckles being an outcast because he didn't agree with his clan's violent ways.  It would make Knuckles even more sympathetic and also give some more depth to his character as he struggles to figure out where he really belongs in the world since he's been exiled, but at the same time, doesn't know what to do next.

I like it too. The tricky part is to somehow find a way to tell the story of Knuckles, Tikal, and Pachamac and the Echidna Tribe and their relationship to the Master Island and Angel Island and how Robotnik figures into all of that.... while still keeping Sonic (and Tails and Tom) at the center of the action.

But the more I think about this change and its implications on a status quo, I really like it -- that the Echidna Tribe actually weren't wiped out 4,000 years ago, but that disaster actually occurred far more recently , and perhaps even some tribe members still exist to this day besides Knuckles.  It's a great way to bring back Echidnas into the ongoing Sonic lore without going anywhere near the Penders stuff. It also, incidentally, provides a very helpful explanation for how Knuckles is able to go on so many adventures with Sonic away from the M.E., if there are other tribe members to also protect the gems. Knuckles is still Guardian of the Master Emerald, but he's a guardian and not the only guardian. It's a pretty fun, logical twist.

Working backwards... how this could actually unfold in the story of Sonic Movie 2, let's keep working off of @Sonario's outline.

17 hours ago, Moose the Cat said:

Somehow we need to incorporate the human stars into the story more... it'd be great to somehow get Tom to be with Dr. Robotnik for most of the plot, so they could play off of each other, and let the animated cast -- Sonic/Tails/Knuckles be on screen together without humans. 

Maybe somehow it's like Tails brings Sonic & Tom back to Mobius, and they immediately run into Dr. Robotnik, who is able to kidnap Tom in the process. 

Sonic & Tails set out to rescue Tom, and then they run into Knuckles, who has already been tricked by Robotnik into thinking he's a threat. Then, as you have it, there's conflict between S&K throughout the movie because of Longclaw, and through that, we see Knuckles express his anger at his tribe's imperialist ways. It's not that Knuckles hates that they are violent -- Tikal hates the violence -- Knuckles is okay with violence, provided it's defensive. He doesn't like the idea of being the first to throw a punch. ("You just sucked punched me as our first interaction," Sonic would protest. Knuckles: "Yeah but that was defensive because I thought you were a threat--- ohhhhhh. I'm doing the same thing huh? Wow. Growing is hard!" "Tell me about it.") 

Robotnik is working with the Echidna Tribe, and Knuckles realizes Robotnik tricked all of them, but nobody will listen to Knuckles or Tikal... they just want the power that Robotnik is promising them if they give up the chaos emeralds and Master Emerald.  To do that, they need to raid the Chao Gardens where they reside.

Tom & Robotnik spar with words throughout his kidnapping. We'd cut back to Earth to see Agent Stone and Maddie and Maddie's sister trying to understand what happened to Tom & Robotnik... then Jojo realizes they're able to see into their dimension through the Sonic games on the TV.  

Anyway, then Robotnik makes his move, and it's the climax from either S3K (Robotnik flees into space with the Master Emerald after he's exposed) or Adventure (Robotnik releases Perfect Chaos who destroys most of the Echidna Civilization and turns it into ruins). Tails and Knuckles figure out that Sonic can go Super, and he saves the day, stopping Robotnik, rescuing Tom and bringing him back home.

At the end, Sonic moves on from Tom, and says Green Hills will always be his home, but there's a whole lot of places to see, and Robotnik is still out there. I'm sure I'll see you again. Let's go, Tails! 

End.

Post-credits:  Robotnik is defeated, but undeterred. He decides to finally fight fire with fire... he turns a switch, and red eyes glow in the dark. Metal Sonic. 

Post-credits 2:  As Robotnik is admiring Metal Sonic, a voice taunts him from the darkness. "You think that could possibly be a match for the blue hedgehog? Ha. Pathetic." Annoyed, Robotnik begins to turn around "Who do you think you are?" Robotnik is shocked by who he sees. "oh you've GOT to be kidding me..."  And it's Shadow the Hedgehog.

HYPE!! And also cue the backlack of "they're already introducing too many of Sonic's shitty friends" meme. But be real... Sonic 2 being about the emeralds/echidnas, and Sonic 3 about the doubles/doppelgangers would be a KILLER trilogy.

4 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Just something I noticed re-watching the movie.

When Sonic stepped up to bat in the beginning of the movie, he did so donning the gear of the Spring Valley visiting team. His red batters cap and the "SV" cap worn by the third base coach confirms as much. At the time, I thought it was odd that the Sonic playing the kid hero in this fake game wasn't donning the home team colors, but I waived it off as a play on Sonic being a visitor to this world so I ignored it.

But then I got to thinking. Sonic hyped himself up mid bat by telling himself that by winning the game, he would become the most loved kid in Green Hills. But despite his internal monologue - crushing the game winning hit would only serve to make him the most hated kid in Green Hills. His name would go down in local lure as the child who crushed their hopes at winning a championship.

Movie Ruined.

😋

Sorry that last paragraph doesn’t really make sense, can you explain it please

1 hour ago, Moose the Cat said:

I like it too. The tricky part is to somehow find a way to tell the story of Knuckles, Tikal, and Pachamac and the Echidna Tribe and their relationship to the Master Island and Angel Island and how Robotnik figures into all of that.... while still keeping Sonic (and Tails and Tom) at the center of the action.

But the more I think about this change and its implications on a status quo, I really like it -- that the Echidna Tribe actually weren't wiped out 4,000 years ago, but that disaster actually occurred far more recently , and perhaps even some tribe members still exist to this day besides Knuckles.  It's a great way to bring back Echidnas into the ongoing Sonic lore without going anywhere near the Penders stuff. It also, incidentally, provides a very helpful explanation for how Knuckles is able to go on so many adventures with Sonic away from the M.E., if there are other tribe members to also protect the gems. Knuckles is still Guardian of the Master Emerald, but he's a guardian and not the only guardian. It's a pretty fun, logical twist.

Working backwards... how this could actually unfold in the story of Sonic Movie 2, let's keep working off of @Sonario's outline.

Somehow we need to incorporate the human stars into the story more... it'd be great to somehow get Tom to be with Dr. Robotnik for most of the plot, so they could play off of each other, and let the animated cast -- Sonic/Tails/Knuckles be on screen together without humans. 

Maybe somehow it's like Tails brings Sonic & Tom back to Mobius, and they immediately run into Dr. Robotnik, who is able to kidnap Tom in the process. 

Sonic & Tails set out to rescue Tom, and then they run into Knuckles, who has already been tricked by Robotnik into thinking he's a threat. Then, as you have it, there's conflict between S&K throughout the movie because of Longclaw, and through that, we see Knuckles express his anger at his tribe's imperialist ways. It's not that Knuckles hates that they are violent -- Tikal hates the violence -- Knuckles is okay with violence, provided it's defensive. He doesn't like the idea of being the first to throw a punch. ("You just sucked punched me as our first interaction," Sonic would protest. Knuckles: "Yeah but that was defensive because I thought you were a threat--- ohhhhhh. I'm doing the same thing huh? Wow. Growing is hard!" "Tell me about it.") 

Robotnik is working with the Echidna Tribe, and Knuckles realizes Robotnik tricked all of them, but nobody will listen to Knuckles or Tikal... they just want the power that Robotnik is promising them if they give up the chaos emeralds and Master Emerald.  To do that, they need to raid the Chao Gardens where they reside.

Tom & Robotnik spar with words throughout his kidnapping. We'd cut back to Earth to see Agent Stone and Maddie and Maddie's sister trying to understand what happened to Tom & Robotnik... then Jojo realizes they're able to see into their dimension through the Sonic games on the TV.  

Anyway, then Robotnik makes his move, and it's the climax from either S3K (Robotnik flees into space with the Master Emerald after he's exposed) or Adventure (Robotnik releases Perfect Chaos who destroys most of the Echidna Civilization and turns it into ruins). Tails and Knuckles figure out that Sonic can go Super, and he saves the day, stopping Robotnik, rescuing Tom and bringing him back home.

At the end, Sonic moves on from Tom, and says Green Hills will always be his home, but there's a whole lot of places to see, and Robotnik is still out there. I'm sure I'll see you again. Let's go, Tails! 

End.

Post-credits:  Robotnik is defeated, but undeterred. He decides to finally fight fire with fire... he turns a switch, and red eyes glow in the dark. Metal Sonic. 

Post-credits 2:  As Robotnik is admiring Metal Sonic, a voice taunts him from the darkness. "You think that could possibly be a match for the blue hedgehog? Ha. Pathetic." Annoyed, Robotnik begins to turn around "Who do you think you are?" Robotnik is shocked by who he sees. "oh you've GOT to be kidding me..."  And it's Shadow the Hedgehog.

HYPE!! And also cue the backlack of "they're already introducing too many of Sonic's shitty friends" meme. But be real... Sonic 2 being about the emeralds/echidnas, and Sonic 3 about the doubles/doppelgangers would be a KILLER trilogy.

I'm not sure if Super Sonic should be introduced into the sequel just yet.  I think he should be reserved for the final movie of the trilogy, if there's going to be a trilogy and maybe he might fight Metal Sonic in the third movie as Super Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm not sure if Super Sonic should be introduced into the sequel just yet.  I think he should be reserved for the final movie of the trilogy, if there's going to be a trilogy and maybe he might fight Metal Sonic in the third movie as Super Sonic.

If they do Super Sonic in the movies, they should directly call it out as a Dragon Ball homage. Movie Sonic knows the real world pop culture, he'd be an anime fan.

5 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Sorry that last paragraph doesn’t really make sense, can you explain it please

The Sonic that was at-bat was playing for the away team. Playing against the Green Hills team.  By scoring the game winning run, all the kids on the Green Hill team would lose - and he'd be the opposite of beloved in that town for some time. He would be a hero to a lot of people for winning the game, but no one in GH's.