Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

So, you know about this guy named Riff Raff. He was supposed to be in the movie, but was cut in the final cut.:

I wonder why he was cut. Maybe it's because of this?:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

If they do use Perfect Chaos in this, it would work best as a two-parter. End the first with Chaos getting the last emerald, then turn the second part into a huge disaster movie. It would be a good place to have Sonic picking up his hydrophobia too.

I agree that they should go the two movie route if they use Chaos.  There's a lot of mythology to Chaos and trying to explain all that mythology in one movie wouldn't do Chaos justice.  But the question is, when should they use Chaos in the movies?  Will he be introduced in the third movie or will he be featured in a spin off film?

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that they should go the two movie route if they use Chaos.  There's a lot of mythology to Chaos and trying to explain all that mythology in one movie wouldn't do Chaos justice.  But the question is, when should they use Chaos in the movies?  Will he be introduced in the third movie or will he be featured in a spin off film?

Get Knuckles introduced in the second film. Start the Chaos arc in the third, but have a build up to Perfect Chaos through the flashbacks that were in Sonic Adventure. Maybe reveal the location of the Hidden Palace. End 3 with the disaster.

Part 4 forces Sonic and all to redouble their efforts to find the Hidden Palace, but they're hounded by Eggman. The palace gives Sonic his Super form. Meanwhile, Tom is trying to help out in the destroyed city.

Final scene: the massive battle between Super Sonic and Perfect Chaos. 

I'm no writer, but that's how I see this going. 

All the knuckles stuff is going to begin and end in film two. That stuff is do strait forward and condensed that they dont really need to extend that out longer than a film.

I also dont think chaos is gonna be a thing in the films.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

All the knuckles stuff is going to begin and end in film two. That stuff is do strait forward and condensed that they dont really need to extend that out longer than a film.

I also dont think chaos is gonna be a thing in the films.

It's possible that Chaos might not show up in the films at all. I remembered that the writers were saying that they were only focusing on the first three Sonic games (Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles) for their inspirations for the films.  Also, introducing Chaos might complicate the story lines even further since they would have to introduce more characters to make the story of Chaos work out.

54 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's possible that Chaos might not show up in the films at all. I remembered that the writers were saying that they were only focusing on the first three Sonic games (Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles) for their inspirations for the films.  Also, introducing Chaos might complicate the story lines even further since they would have to introduce more characters to make the story of Chaos work out.

When did they say this?

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't know, bringing in Knuckles and the other Echidnas for the very second film would be a little too much and would probably overshadow Tails's debut and forming his bond with Sonic, to say nothing of Chaos itself. Maybe with the third film, but I say give the second film to Tails, exploring Mobius, and maybe Robotnik trying to conquer it with the Death Egg tops.

Then Knuckles and his stuff can be dealt with in the third film, potentially being a two parter with a fourth movie to finish the series off. That way Sonic 1 will have Sonic and Robotnik, Sonic 2 will have Sonic, Tails and Robotnik, and Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) will have Sonic, Tails, Robotnik & Knuckles just like the games.

1 hour ago, Sonario said:

I don't know, bringing in Knuckles and the other Echidnas for the very second film would be a little too much and would probably overshadow Tails's debut and forming his bond with Sonic, to say nothing of Chaos itself. Maybe with the third film, but I say give the second film to Tails, exploring Mobius, and maybe Robotnik trying to conquer it with the Death Egg tops.

Then Knuckles and his stuff can be dealt with in the third film, potentially being a two parter with a fourth movie to finish the series off. That way Sonic 1 will have Sonic and Robotnik, Sonic 2 will have Sonic, Tails and Robotnik, and Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) will have Sonic, Tails, Robotnik & Knuckles just like the games.

Tails is tails man. I like the little guy but in the grand scheme of things he doesn't really need that much in way of introduction. Along with that , having knuckles whole deal and sonic dealing with that can be the A plot and seeing tails be tails can be apart of the A plot and also the b plot. Tails ain't that complicated.

I feel the same way about sonic, I don't think the entire first movie needs to exist

So, apparently, unfortunately, there are no plans for a sequel. It's possible that this might not mean anything. I think they will make one anyway despite this. I think it's just that they probably can't announce it right now because of the pandemic and the movie is still yet to be released in Japan and China.:

BTW, I found some behind the scenes test footage where Tim Miller filmed some scenes there in Utah two years.: Also, I accidentally misspelled Tim Miller. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 2

That sucks, but like you said, the filmmakers might have their reasons. But come on-- the movie's raked in the dough, and a lot of people enjoyed it. That's perfect reason for a sequel, which will be announced in time. They have to have some ideas in mind for how it'll pan out, at least.

In fairness, it might be due to the current ongoing virus. With many movie production studios being forced to either delay or release digitally with inflated prices, and Sonic releasing right as the outbreak happened, it might just be that Paramount aren't up to greenlighting another full blown production until things settle down.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

In fairness, it might be due to the current ongoing virus. With many movie production studios being forced to either delay or release digitally with inflated prices, and Sonic releasing right as the outbreak happened, it might just be that Paramount aren't up to greenlighting another full blown production until things settle down.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking. If the situation was normal, they'd probably be planning some potential sequels right now, but with the virus crippling the whole movie industry right now (it even stopped Sonic's BO from going even higher), getting people hyped up for nothing would be a bad move. It's better to wait for things to clear up before planning anything further, let alone announcing them.

Yeah, that's pretty much why no word about the sequel has been made.  They even stated in the fandom article that the reason why Paramount hadn't greenlit the sequel yet was because of the virus.  But that doesn't mean that a sequel will never be made because the movie made back it's money and there's a lot of interest from the crew to make a sequel.  So, once this virus pandemic blows over, then we might start seeing things get back to normal and they will eventually start production on the sequel soon.  Now, will this mean that the sequel won't be released in 2022 due to the pandemic? That remains to be seen.

I also thinks it may mean with the specific wording he may want to make a different type of sonic movie. The way the film turned out was still because of executive meddling. He may be able to get a more faith rendition of sonic on film, because its a premise that can work and maybe he can be more leway with that.

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I also thinks it may mean with the specific wording he may want to make a different type of sonic movie. The way the film turned out was still because of executive meddling. He may be able to get a more faith rendition of sonic on film, because its a premise that can work and maybe he can be more leway with that.

If that's the case, I do wonder what kind of direction he wanted to take the franchise if Paramount gives him more freedom with the franchise.  Will it be mostly an action packed series with no depth to the characters or will it be the same as the first movie, but with more depth for the characters in the future films?

Just saw the Honest Trailers for this movie and it was hilarious!  

Spoiler

I especially loved the reaction they had to the original Sonic design!

So, one of the movie writers seem to be interested in making a Nintendo and Sega crossover universe. I don't think it will happen, but that would be cool.:

• Way Past Cool 2

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, one of the movie writers seem to be interested in making a Nintendo and Sega crossover universe. I don't think it won't happen, but that would be cool.:

If we get a Mario and Sonic crossover movie someday, even if it's an Olympics movie, I might get a heart attack from sheer hype.

I’d like to see Metal Sonic be a focus of the sequel. Robotnik creates him using Sonic’s quill and tries to take over the planet. Then for a third movie, go to Sonic’s planet and  bring in Knuckles and maybe even Chaos and end it there. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:18 AM, Sonario said:

If we get a Mario and Sonic crossover movie someday, even if it's an Olympics movie, I might get a heart attack from sheer hype.

Even if they can't get the rights to it, I fully expect a gag or two involving a white envelope w/ red stamp. Maybe Tom casually throws a bundle of mail on a table and you can see it sticking out in the background or something with a postman looking at a stack of un-deliverable mail tagged to Sonic with the distinctive letter sitting prominently. You could even have Tails loudly reading off Spam emails on his handheld device and laugh at something called "Smash Bros" before sending it to the recycle bin.

that would be funny ^^

When I heard they were making a movie I was concerned they'd make Sonic too jerkish or unintelligent or he'd just seem "off" but Sonic is none of those things.

He's younger and more insecure than his game incarnation, wich I completely buy, considering he is younger and has been forced to live most of his life alone.

He's a cocky, wide-eyed kid and he's frankly adorable. They did the boy justice.

Also Robotnik is fun to watch, he's...different, from his game incarnation, but he's still a fun, hammy villian, humourously nasty. Jim Carrey was a great choice, I wish Robotnik looked more like himself, but still.

Now, I get why Dr. Eggman was named Dr. Robotnik in the movie instead. I think I assume that the movie is an origin story. He shave his hair off in the end of the movie. I assume that he will change his name to Eggman in the next one. I hear that Jim Carrey want to wear a fat suit according to a recent interview with Patrick Casey.:

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love a Mario crossover. Game or movie. Game is more likely.

I was thinking about Robotnik. I think Jim Carrey was probably the best choice. Another actor would have done fine but Jim is just perfect for that zany mad scientist role. I know some say he was just acting like he typically does but even so that really fits Robotnik.