Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Sequel confirmed! No news on casting or anything but I'm already excited :D

• Thumbs Up 5

This news was inevitable. Can't wait to see what the crew has up their sleeves for this one.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Also, unless I’m wrong, France, Great Wall of China and Pyramids were probably the only major earth locations he knew of.

In a cute nod to Sonic being an impressionable little kid, Sonic slid under a bus with a travel ad for Paris France right before he threw the ring to go there. It was literally the last thing he saw, so it makes sense it was the first place he'd think to go. 

I thought that was a nice touch. ^^ 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So can we get a new thread for the sequel now? Or do we wait for more confirmation?

Got a new thread right here!

I'm personally excited for the sequel. I was probably one of the harshest critics of the first one before it got an overhaul, and I'm happy to see them working on a new one. I hope they put their all into it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm definitely looking forward to this; the first one wasn't exactly spectacular, but it I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. So I can say that I want to see what they do for the sequel. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so happy that they are working on the sequel!  I just hope that they develop the characters even further and I can't wait to see Sonic's interactions with Tails!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Sequel confirmed! No news on casting or anything but I'm already excited :D

Great News! Not unexpected but I'm happy about it!

6 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

In a cute nod to Sonic being an impressionable little kid, Sonic slid under a bus with a travel ad for Paris France right before he threw the ring to go there. It was literally the last thing he saw, so it makes sense it was the first place he'd think to go. 

I thought that was a nice touch. ^^ 

Oh ya I forgot about that. That was a cool way to work in that choice.

3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Oh ya I forgot about that. That was a cool way to work in that choice.

I actually believe they did real world locations because of budget reasons. I heard they were trying to have more fantasy places but they cost a lot to create in CGI.

Scanned the CGWORLD magazine. PDF in the comments.

On another note, looks like they built an entire scene from Sonic Generations assets as a mock-up:

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

I actually believe they did real world locations because of budget reasons. I heard they were trying to have more fantasy places but they cost a lot to create in CGI.

Ya I know. I just think they did a good job working around it. Plus real world locations have appeared in the games so that helped imo.

Good news! The Sonic movie will be finally released in Japan on June 26. Yuji Naka and the Sonic Japanese voice actor is happy about this. Glad to see the Japanese finally get the opportunity to watch it. Hope they like it. I'm sure they will like it.:

Translation: “The release date of Sonic the Movie in Japan has been announced. It’s in the same week as Sonic’s birthday. I’ll put the UHD version aside and wait until I watch the movie in theaters. I’m looking forward to it.”

Translation: "Finally."

• Thumbs Up 1

Great that Japanese fans can finally see the Sonic movie on the big screen. I hope other countries like China will follow suite.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Great that Japanese fans can finally see the Sonic movie on the big screen. I hope other countries like China will follow suite.

Yeah, also, I think China is the only other country that haven't got the movie yet. Let's hope they get the movie as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally got to see this. Overall I liked it, the only part where I ugged was that they kept the kidnapped child in the bag joke. With that being said something did get me...

Spoiler

Look, I'm just gonna say it; Movie Tails has a better voice than Game Tails. It's similar yes but he actually sounds like a boy instead of a girl trying to sound like a boy. Also Jim Carrey slipping into a Mike Pollock impression for a word was uncannily spot on.

• Chuckle 2

27 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I finally got to see this. Overall I liked it, the only part where I ugged was that they kept the kidnapped child in the bag joke. With that being said something did get me...

Hide contents

Look, I'm just gonna say it; Movie Tails has a better voice than Game Tails. It's similar yes but he actually sounds like a boy instead of a girl trying to sound like a boy. Also Jim Carrey slipping into a Mike Pollock impression for a word was uncannily spot on.

Spoiler

Not just similar, but the exact same voice. Because it's still Colleen doing the voice.

Spoiler

Oh. Well why dosen't she use that voice the the games? Rhetorical question,, I know why,, it's because SEGA's Voice Directors suck.

@thumbs13

4 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh. Well why dosen't she use that voice the the games? Rhetorical question,, I know why,, it's because SEGA's Voice Directors suck.

@thumbs13

I thought she sounded the same in her voice, but delivered her lines a little differently. Yeah it’s likely attributed to having a different person directing her. I noticed she is also a bit different in her delivery between the Sonic games and the Boom tv series. I’m not that keen on the delivery of lines in the games tbh I wish they would get a new voice director for them.

Unused Posters by Aleksey Rico featuring the Old Sonic.:

Also an Japanese promotion by Molly Fantasy.:

200604_SONIC_Twitter-2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Unused Posters by Aleksey Rico featuring the Old Sonic.:

Also an Japanese promotion by Molly Fantasy.:

200604_SONIC_Twitter-2.jpg

Yikes... I mean the poster looks beautiful, but it probably would have looked more beautiful with the new sonic.  Love the Japanese posters though!

So, I noticed this. In the rewind scene, there was a small scene of Tom's Tacoma driving past a Now Entering Oregon sign, however, it wasn't seen in the rest of the movie. According to Patrick Casey, he say that the scene was there to show some ground and gives a rough idea of how far Tom and Sonic gone.:

Also, I found some more behind the scenes stuff.:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

This is cute, to promote the movie, the voice of Japanese Baby Sonic plays Sonic Mania all the while you have the Sonic mascot dancing in the background.

• Thumbs Up 2

It was probably mentioned already, but there is unused main theme fro the movie

Personally I'm glad we went with "Speed Me Up"  that tries to catch Sonic spirit in new refreshing way, is really catchy and has small refence to Tails (and arguably Knuckles).
This song isn't that bad, but creativity already died in the very tittle, it uses music from Chaos damned Green Hills and lyrics are like "retro! Green Hill! Game! Level Up! Did I made it clear I'm referencing Sonic? What if I say 'Go Fast' over and over?"