Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

It was probably mentioned already, but there is unused main theme fro the movie

Personally I'm glad we went with "Speed Me Up"  that tries to catch Sonic spirit in new refreshing way, is really catchy and has small refence to Tails (and arguably Knuckles).
This song isn't that bad, but creativity already died in the very tittle, it uses music from Chaos damned Green Hills and lyrics are like "retro! Green Hill! Game! Level Up! Did I made it clear I'm referencing Sonic? What if I say 'Go Fast' over and over?"

I still would have preferred an original piece from Crush 40, but what we got was decent enough.

I wonder if any behind the scenes of Jim Eggman's final scene will ever surface? 

(I can imagine him improvising with "Agent Stone" lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

So, the Sonic movie just finally released in Japan today. It's look like some fans are already watching the movie. Hope the Japanese like it. I'm pretty sure they will like it.:

Also, found these promotions by a Japanese laundry detergent company, Kao Attack. I also found some more from Dartslive, and Sega.:

200625_1_2.jpg

200625_1_3.jpg

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Apparently in promotion for the movie Corocoro is rereleasing this old sonic manga digitally. At least that's what I guess from these pages.

https://corocoro.tameshiyo.me/SONICTHECOMICNO4

Yes it says they are rereleasing a manga called Dash and Spin. If you actually click the pic with Sonic and Tails it will lead you to the manga issue (swipe from left to right on mobile).

Yuji Naka saw the movie and seemed to have really liked it.

Even Tomoya Ohtani saw it and liked it a lot.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Oooh! That's nice to hear that Yuji Naka really liked the film!

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The Agent Stone actor help promote the film in Japan. That's nice.:

I hope that Agent Stone returns in the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Naoto Oshima chimes in with his enjoyment of the picture.

So the icons of the classic games both saw and enjoyed the movie. That's wonderful, here's hoping for them to get a cameo in future sequels.

I've been pouring through Japanese twitter, and the reception as far as I can tell seems to be leaning on positive, and just enthusiastic, with some people wanting to see the movie several times again. Even if it doesn't get a lot of audiences attracted to it because of the pandemic, at least the reception is good and is very promising for future sequels.

Also SEGA posted another clip of the fish scene in Japanese:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm very glad that the movie is getting a lot of positive reviews in Japan. Now, the movie is finally released in Japan, do you think the movie will be released in China. I haven't hear anything about that. Also, I wonder who is the Japanese voice actor of Tails for the movie?

• Thumbs Up 1

https://eiga.com/news/20200627/9/

For the Japanese release of the movie, Jim Carrey gave a small interview. Here's a google translated version if you want to look

Spoiler
[Movie.com News] “Sonic the Movie” (released), which is a live-action movie of Sega's popular “Sonic” series in Hollywood, USA. Jim Carrey, who is known for his "Mask" and "Eternal Sunshine," plays the enemy Drobotonic, which aims at Sonic's superpowers. Carry, who performed a demon about the villain, also performed a sharp dance in the play, looked back at the shooting.

Sonic (voice: Ben Schwartz), who has left his hometown and has come to a distant earth, becomes a companion with Sheriff Tom (James Marsden), who he met unexpectedly, and takes a big adventure to prevent Dr. Robotnik (Carrie)'s ambitions. Unfold.

Carrie is joyfully playing a robotic tongue with high tension, using his facial muscles, and performing an impactful dance. It seems that there are many ad libs, and she reveals the process before shooting, which is "normal."

"When I get free in the field, I come up with some great ideas. I read the script the night before the shoot or a few days before I come up with ideas. Then I can come up with 20 or so movies. You can only have 5 of them, so I write them on small cards and stick them everywhere."

One of the highlights is a dance that is reminiscent of the time of "Mask", but the scene said, "(Director Jeff) said, "I want you to do an evil dance here. It's a great set and you enjoyed it very much. It seems that he's out there.”” was born in response to Jeff Fowler's request. "My movements and what I've done in my life are like dancers. When I cook, I spin in the kitchen." With such a reliable carry leading the way, he created the dance scene on the spot.

It seems that he has played "Sonic" in the game, but he confessed that "I'm not good at it (laughs). It's a pretty newcomer to the game." "But I'm a robotic, so I should let Sonic lose, so I'm winning even when I'm losing," he said, "I'm talking about Charlie Sheen. Makes a fuss about the actor's name and makes him laugh.

Finally, to the Japanese fans, "I hope you enjoy this movie more than anything you've enjoyed in your life. More than sweetest candy, more than love, full moon or sunset. And more than just sunrise. I just hope everyone has a good time".

• Thumbs Up 1

Yuji Naka posted this.

http://www.kogyotsushin.com/archives/weekend/

This is the closest we'll see to actual performance for Sonic in theaters, but yeah this isn't a super good start for a brand new film, although it may be possible for it to pick up in the coming weeks since word of mouth for the movie has been huge amounts of praise on Japanese sites and social media.

This may mean the mainstream audience really isn't in the place for watching family oriented films yet because of the Pandemic fears, so the only people going to theaters right now are diehards or people who know what they're getting. (Especially for the triple decker Ghibli releases.)

So, I know it's late to talk about this. I wonder what happen to this one? Is it still coming?

On 7/2/2020 at 4:05 AM, CaptainRobo said:

So, I know it's late to talk about this. I wonder what happen to this one? Is it still coming?

I too wonder about this from time to time. The movie barely got any merch at all in the end. I guess due to the redesign and maybe because they were expending a box office bomb before the redesign.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

I too wonder about this from time to time. The movie barely got any merch at all in the end. I guess due to the redesign and maybe because they were expending a box office bomb before the redesign.

I guess so. 

Anyway, Crush 40 had just watched the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's seem that China will be getting the movie on the last day of July. This would make them the last country to get the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 2

From "The Sonic Video Archive Project" topic:

Ok, so while I'm getting all the movie video files ready let's do something different.

I have uploaded a collection of PDFs related to the movie.

Yes, PDFs... I know this is the Sonic VIDEO Archive but I will occasionally upload other things too.

Have a look through them and also please let me know if I'm missing any.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ej9_n_W3JOdNEqYJxWNZbwVNc3Kczb5y

• Thumbs Up 1