Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Agreed! While I do enjoy Sonic Boom, I'm ready for Legacy Sonic to get some much needed spotlight!

Wait? I thought it was Modern Sonic. Wasn't that "Legacy" Sonic thing just word confusion? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait? I thought it was Modern Sonic. Wasn't that "Legacy" Sonic thing just word confusion? 

I thought Modern Sonic was called Legacy Sonic now?

I thought Modern Sonic was called Legacy Sonic now?

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure Aaron Webber said that it's still Modern Sonic and apologized for any confusion. It kind of bothers me when people still say Legacy Sonic when I can recall that it was all just a big confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure Aaron Webber said that it's still Modern Sonic and apologized for any confusion. It kind of bothers me when people still say Legacy Sonic when I can recall that it was all just a big confusion.

Oh, well my mistake. I kind of assumed that Modern and Legacy Sonic were the same thing. I really haven't researched it a lot until you called it out moments ago.

Oh, well my mistake. I kind of assumed that Modern and Legacy Sonic were the same thing. I really haven't researched it a lot until you called it out moments ago.

Eh, it's all cool. Just one of those moments where it kind of irks me, you get me right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, it's all cool. Just one of those moments where it kind of irks me, you get me right?

Of course, I wasn't trying to strike a nerve. One of those pet peeve things, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course, I wasn't trying to strike a nerve. One of those pet peeve things, right?

Yep, one of those Sonic peeves.

Van Robichaux, one of the writers for the movie, has said that this movie has no connection to Sonic Boom whatsoever. So yeah, want good ol' PG-13 Action Hero Sonic, you're gonna get some!

We were also told by those working on Sonic Boom that it was out of this world with its character development, beautiful open world, and deep story.

It's sad that I have to say it but... I don't trust any PR statements anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

We were also told by those working on Sonic Boom that it was out of this world with its character development, beautiful open world, and deep story.

It's sad that I have to say it but... I don't trust any PR statements anymore.

Well I don't see how a writer that's STILL working on the script of the movie will say PR unless he's spoiling details on the story rather than producers that are obviously floofing it.

Well I don't see how a writer that's STILL working on the script of the movie will say PR unless he's spoiling details on the story rather than producers that are obviously floofing it.

I think it goes without saying that saying "Sonic Boom will be the focus of the movie" would cause a lot of crap to hit the fan.

What I'm saying is, after the outright lies of last year, I don't trust much of any information that comes out anymore.

Deception is standard practice in any industry. Lying is something else entirely.

Well considering that Van set up a livestream on Twitch so people can watch him study games like Adventure 2 and such and really wanted to interact with the community as much as he can, I'm pretty sure he can trust the guy.

I get the Boom jams was a big mess last year but hey, 06 was the same thing and we got Unleashed. There's always a light at the darkest of tunnels.

NEVER LOSE HOPE!

ALL STAY DETERMINED!

Fucking Undertale man. I can't let go of it!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well considering that Van set up a livestream on Twitch so people can watch him study games like Adventure 2 and such and really wanted to interact with the community as much as he can, I'm pretty sure he can trust the guy.

I get the Boom jams was a big mess last year but hey, 06 was the same thing and we got Unleashed. There's always a light at the darkest of tunnels.

NEVER LOSE HOPE!

ALL STAY DETERMINED!

Hidden Content

That sounds incredibly cool! Do you know what his Twitch channel name is?

Can't say I recall it but I think Van said he troubles setting up the stream and I'm not sure if he archived it (or if Twitch automatically archives streams) but I'm pretty sure he did play through the games so he has an idea on what most fans thinks of Sonic.

I just honestly hope Shadow is in this so-called "sonic movie"

What do you mean by so-called? It's going to be a theatrical movie and not a hour long pilot like the OVA.

• Thumbs Up 7

The OVA was a pilot for something? This is news to me.

I recall that the OVA was a pilot for a anime series, which I would totally be down for, not sure where but I recall as such.

• Thumbs Up 6

I think I'd heard the OVA was a pilot, as well, but I've only heard that second-hand in more recent years and never saw any actual sources regarding it. Even Retro and GHZ make no mention of that, so I've always been a little doubtful. Far as I know, it was just a two-part special produced by SEGA and Studio Perriot as part of bigger effort to make Sonic relevant in Japan (which would coincide with Project Sonic).

And, to be perfectly honest, I think the OVA was fine as it was. It didn't overstay its welcome.

To be honest I kind of thought the movie was in the same position as Fire and Ice nowadays, where speculation on if it's even still happening is starting to spread just a tad in some locations.

Being honest, in both the case of the movie and Fire and Ice, both were let out of the bag way too early since there was zero content ready to back up what was revealed.

Same thing with the 2016 game really, they say it plays like the old days, but WHICH old days, Genesis or Dreamcast and where is something for us to judge this statement with asides words?

Edited by Chris Knopps
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope we get some kind of news on the movie soon, I really don't want it to turn out getting scrapped. :c

I hope we get some kind of news on the movie soon, I really don't want it to turn out getting scrapped. :c

Although if it was scrapped and immediately after they came out and said it was because they want to make it fully 3-D animated and have no Live action stuff in it, I'd be all for that.

I know that's probably not how movies work but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just honestly hope Shadow is in this so-called "sonic movie"

I doubt it, pretty sure Van mentioned that being the "first" movie it would be an origin tale of sorts. Can't be bothered finding the quote tho. So I wouldnt expect many, if any, of the supporting cast. Tails is likely, Knuckles and Amy a possibility depending on the story they plan to tell or if they want to keep them for any possible sequels.

I suppose it's anyone's guess really tho, I mean Shadow turned up in Boom for little to no reason. Personally tho I think it would kill what little cannon Sonic has anymore to have him show up in an origin story, new movie universe or not.

That and you don't want to overload the prospective non-fan audience by having a bunch of non essential side characters all over the show, unless they have something to do with the plot at hand. Especially one that looks like the main character and would bring more questions than answers to non-fans. Going into whatever Shadows backstory might be in the movie universe and explaining why he looks similar to Sonic etc would best be left for a follow on movie rather than a movie meant to be about Sonic. Otherwise they risk having the same criticism and confusion caused by all the side characters that the games recieve. Take it slow, introduce them to the audience over time. The first movie should be about Sonic vs Eggman at its core.

I doubt it, pretty sure Van mentioned that being the "first" movie it would be an origin tale of sorts. Can't be bothered finding the quote tho. So I wouldnt expect many, if any, of the supporting cast. Tails is likely, Knuckles and Amy a possibility depending on the story they plan to tell or if they want to keep them for any possible sequels.

I suppose it's anyone's guess really tho, I mean Shadow turned up in Boom for little to no reason. Personally tho I think it would kill what little cannon Sonic has anymore to have him show up in an origin story, new movie universe or not.

That and you don't want to overload the prospective non-fan audience by having a bunch of non essential side characters all over the show, unless they have something to do with the plot at hand. Especially one that looks like the main character and would bring more questions than answers to non-fans. Going into whatever Shadows backstory might be in the movie universe and explaining why he looks similar to Sonic etc would best be left for a follow on movie rather than a movie meant to be about Sonic. Otherwise they risk having the same criticism and confusion caused by all the side characters that the games recieve. Take it slow, introduce them to the audience over time. The first movie should be about Sonic vs Eggman at its core.

ok, if this is all true, then this movie is going to be terrible without a doubt.

I could see the same main cast appearing in the Sonic movie as the Sonic Boom series. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman (with Cubot and Orbot), and Shadow. I couldn't really see a reason to bring more characters in. But then again, I don't know the plot of the movie. c:

ok, if this is all true, then this movie is going to be terrible without a doubt.

Oh come now, you should try and have a better attitude about it than that! Who knows? It could be he greatest film ever. Can't judge a movie by the case..that doesn't exist yet! c: