Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Personally, I really hope the movie doesn't have Orbot and Cubot in it. They're fine in a comedy-based spinoff like Boom, but I want the movie to have a little more substance to it, like the Adventure games did. I want a real action-movie vibe to it. Orbot and Cubot would make it childish and goofy. If Eggman needs henchmen to interact with, use Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge or Gamma.

• Thumbs Up 1

ok, if this is all true, then this movie is going to be terrible without a doubt.

I get personal preferences towards certain characters outside of the main character in the series and all that jazz, being a fan of Tails, Metal Sonic and Nack the Weasel myself, but why would a "SONIC" movie be terrible just because it didnt have all the extended cast in it? I imagine you meant that in more of a personal opinion way than a serious way.

Doesn't it make sense to start at the beginning, especially when being a new format like movies means more people, a lot of who won't know a thing about Sonic, will be seeing it. You can't really go throwing 15 characters at an oblivious audience, spend a decent amount of time building up each character and their personal story and links with the other characters etc, build up Eggman and whatever plot he has and still have time for the plot to progress and finish in a roughly two hour movie. Just wouldn't work. It would be a cluster fudge, it really would.

• Thumbs Up 7

What might be nice is a small core cast that the movie focuses on, but using a lot of characters in cameos, minor roles, or nods. Keep the movie uncluttered and accessible to new audiences, but give a nod to fans and their favorites. This could even be used for retired characters and SatAM characters...wishful thinking I know :P 

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles originated as a villain who teamed up with Eggman in Sonic 3. I wouldn't mind seeing that premise used in the movie.

ok, if this is all true, then this movie is going to be terrible without a doubt.

Because Shadow might not be in it? :huh:

Knuckles originated as a villain who teamed up with Eggman in Sonic 3. I wouldn't mind seeing that premise used in the movie.

I think the term you're looking for is "mis-guided rival". Never was Knuckles portrayed as actually do villainous activities with a villainous intent. He was a naive guardian who  was tricked into thinking that Sonic was the terror threatening Angel Island,  so of course he set off to expel said alleged terror. 

^I agree. A villain is usually defined as an antagonist whose behavior, personality, or motive is based off evil. Knuckles was merely fooled by Eggman, i.e. the villlain, into thinking Sonic and Tails were intruders wanting to steal his Master Emerald. Being tricked by evil =/= being evil yourself afterall. Knuckles has (or had in this case) never acted on bad or malicious impulses, ergo, calling him a villain is simply untrue. 

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 7

I wouldn't say Knuckles was a villain, but he was certainly an antagonist.

There's also nothing wrong, I'd suggest, with Eggman talking to himself if you're having trouble giving him opportunities to speak.

• Thumbs Up 5

Because Shadow might not be in it? :huh:

Eh, at this point, ya.

But if the movie was about SA2 then they would HAVE to put shadow in it XD

Here's what I see:

The first movie is introductory, starting with some shots of Eggman's progressive takeover, and eventually adapting Sonic 1, 2, 3, and CD all at once (ie. taking some inspiration from 1's setup, blasting 2's death egg down onto angel island early, having metal Sonic replace mecha and silver Sonic with the Amy subplot in there, and eventually ending with a battle between Super Sonic and Death Egg Robot (no doomsday because it's big enough that if it were in the first movie everything else would be a step backward in terms of scale).

The second movie adapts Sonic Adventure, revealing the chaos plot and why Angel Island fucked off into the sky in the first place. It probably wouldn't have big or froggy, maybe not even gamma since those 3 for the most part are completely irrelevant to the plot, regardless of my feelings on them as characters. It'd be bigger, louder, and more explosive as Super Sonic blasts through the flooded streets toward perfect chaos (which I imagine looking SO FUCKING COOL in CG).

Finally this trilogy ends with Sonic Adventure 2. Our first movie introduced Knuckles as an anti-hero before going into his family history in the second movie, while the third takes the other direction and goes into the robotnik family affairs. This one I see being most accurate to the games, since in terms of plot structure there's actually something there. Not everything, mind you, the scripts still needs a hell of a lot of work, but in terms of what went on there's actually a work based around the story rather than a story based around the game. The epic finale concludes with the 2 chaos-synced hedgehogs battling in space with the giant lizard as the arc hurtles toward a planet facing certain doom, before the once-antagonistic Shadow understands his true purpose and completes it, ending his own life in the process. How do you get anything more fucking awesome than that?

On a side note, I honestly do wish at this point that the movie would let Shadow die the death he should have all along. While I greatly enjoy Shadow's arcs in the comics, he never really does anything in the games after adventure 2 unless said games are already about him specifically. I mean, 06 doesn't really exist anymore, ShTH is stupid, Heroes is just bringing him back for sake of doing so, and then nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Villain, Rival, whatever you want to call it, he was a danger to Sonic through almost the entierty of S3&K and teamed up with Eggman. He almost killed Sonic in Lava Reef, cultimating with a cool showdown in Hiddem Palace, where Knuckles finally learned the error of his ways. Personally, I would love to see Knuckles portrayed as one of the films villains, rivals, antagonists or whatever. Obviously he'd become Sonic's buddy in the end, but I want him to be a true threat and cause a lot of chaos until then. But we'll probably just get Patrick Star Knuckles..

• 1 month later...

Is it dead? There is barely any news about it. So,I think it was canned. ?

Edited by Marioandsonic123

It takes awhile to make a movie. Give it time and something will come out sooner or later.

It's more on the back of my mind rather than ever thinking it's canned. Unless they plainly say it is, I'll just keep thinking it's going.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't remember where I heard it but I heard one of the main guys working on the movie said on his Facebook that there would be no news on the movie until 2016.

Just saw on Google News that Marza has signed on to adapt children's book 'Mean Margaret' and another film about monsters under a boy's bed, in addition to a Resident Evil movie. (On a crappy phone, can't post a link. Just search for 'Marza Animation Planet' on Google News.) So.. what about Sonic? :( With all of their projects in the works, i'm starting to worry about the fate of the Sonic movie..

Can we just have a message in flashing bold text that pops up whenever someone enters this thread that says "THEY'RE NOT EVEN DONE WRITING IT YET CALM YOUR TITS"

• Thumbs Up 6

On 11/20/2015 at 0:01 AM, Shaddy Joestar Dreemurr said:

Here's what I see:

The first movie is introductory, starting with some shots of Eggman's progressive takeover, and eventually adapting Sonic 1, 2, 3, and CD all at once (ie. taking some inspiration from 1's setup, blasting 2's death egg down onto angel island early, having metal Sonic replace mecha and silver Sonic with the Amy subplot in there, and eventually ending with a battle between Super Sonic and Death Egg Robot (no doomsday because it's big enough that if it were in the first movie everything else would be a step backward in terms of scale).

The second movie adapts Sonic Adventure, revealing the chaos plot and why Angel Island fucked off into the sky in the first place. It probably wouldn't have big or froggy, maybe not even gamma since those 3 for the most part are completely irrelevant to the plot, regardless of my feelings on them as characters. It'd be bigger, louder, and more explosive as Super Sonic blasts through the flooded streets toward perfect chaos (which I imagine looking SO FUCKING COOL in CG).

Finally this trilogy ends with Sonic Adventure 2. Our first movie introduced Knuckles as an anti-hero before going into his family history in the second movie, while the third takes the other direction and goes into the robotnik family affairs. This one I see being most accurate to the games, since in terms of plot structure there's actually something there. Not everything, mind you, the scripts still needs a hell of a lot of work, but in terms of what went on there's actually a work based around the story rather than a story based around the game. The epic finale concludes with the 2 chaos-synced hedgehogs battling in space with the giant lizard as the arc hurtles toward a planet facing certain doom, before the once-antagonistic Shadow understands his true purpose and completes it, ending his own life in the process. How do you get anything more fucking awesome than that?

On a side note, I honestly do wish at this point that the movie would let Shadow die the death he should have all along. While I greatly enjoy Shadow's arcs in the comics, he never really does anything in the games after adventure 2 unless said games are already about him specifically. I mean, 06 doesn't really exist anymore, ShTH is stupid, Heroes is just bringing him back for sake of doing so, and then nothing. 

It is ONE movie

52 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

It is ONE movie

It's literally in the first the first line of the post, man.

On 11/20/2015 at 10:01 PM, Shaddy Joestar Dreemurr said:

HERE'S WHAT I FUCKING HOPE TO SEE:

It's also been said that they want to make more if the first one is successful, so either way you're not necessarily correct here

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

It is ONE movie

You've been making one-sentence posts all around the place without actually engaging in anyone's extended thoughts meaningfully. This is spam and needs to stop.

• Thumbs Up 4

In my personal opinion, I don't think we'll see the movie until 2021, the 30th anniversary for the franchise.

This is because they only started writing the movie recently from what i can gather, then you've got the fact it's CG mixed with live action, that's a ton of filming, ton of traveling too depending on the plot.

I think it's safe to say the movie will be a big 30th anniversary event. I'd say five more years of development is good. In the mean time they can build Sonic back up so the film is really worth it.