Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Just found out that Sony Pictures Animation's Youtube Channel releases new videos every wednesday and the fact that E3 2017 is from tuesday the 13th - thursday the 15th, could also mean we should see a trailer for the 2018 Sonic movie at E3 2017, possibly on the 14th since it's a wednesday and also Sony and Sega are both attending this E3 this year.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SonyAnimation/videos

That's for their personal studio though, which has no involvement with this movie. I highly doubt they'll post something that they didn't make. At most, I'd expect it on the Sony Pictures Entertainment page. 

The 2018 Sonic Movie was mentioned a little while ago during the Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania Youtube E3 2017 live stream segment. Will we see the movie trailer at the Sony Playstation Press Conference?

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

The 2018 Sonic Movie was mentioned a little while ago during the Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania Youtube E3 2017 live stream segment. Will we see the movie trailer at the Playstation Press Conference?

Probably not.

With tonight and tomorrow to go Sony and Sega have two more chances of showing a trailer for the Sonic 2018 movie at E3 2017. Maybe even a trailer for the Sly Cooper TV series, which is very doubtful because it sounds like they don't even have the voice acting or channel distribution done yet. According to Sly's voice actor from the games Kevin Miller, who said on Twitter and Facebook in response to one of the two articles that if he is casted for the show he would let us know. The shows plot synopsis: ``Sly Cooper follows the adventures of an irresistibly charismatic raccoon, a modern-day Robin Hood, who restores justice to his city one theft at a time. Sly is aided by his two best friends, a muscular hippo named Murray and a brainy turtle named Bentley. Hot on Sly's trail is Inspector Carmelita Fox, a morally upright cop with an unfortunate crush on the charming bandit, as well as a band of villains, each one more strange and colorful than the last. Mixing humor, action, and a remarkable cast of characters, Sly Cooper promises to be an unforgettable series."

Well, we didn't get any news about the movie at E3. Oh well, but at least that they confirmed that the movie is still happening. I wasn't really expect a trailer for the movie. I felt like it's still too early for them to release a trailer for the movie. I mean the movie will not be release until next year. So, I guess we should expect to see more news about the movie maybe at Comic Con which I think Sony could be attending the event or maybe in the fall. I don't know. 

June 23rd is next friday, which is the 26th anniversary (Sega counts it as the extension of the 25th anniversary) of the franchise, so the trailer and release date for the Sonic 2018 movie might finally be revealed.

We've been waiting for this since 2013-2014, I think we've waited long enough. According to Sony Pictures Animation Wikipedia page there are two untitled 2019 films and those are for July and December 2019. We've also been waiting since 2014 for the Sly Cooper movie, which is still being worked on Not cancelled, but more focus is being put into the TV series. Sony themselves have yet to announce the release date, so it could still be 2018 most movies are given release dates a year in advance. Ratchet & Clank movie was a bad example, when it was first announced in 2013, before the release of Into The Nexus, the movie was originally going to release in 2015 but got pushed back to 2016 after getting Focus Features to distribute the movie. They also said the Sonic movies would be a Dark Knight treatment, I would assume a trilogy of Sonic movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ow come on, that's not fair!

Even ignoring the long wait, delaying the movie could put Sonic next to the competition. In 2018 there will be 2 other video game movies: Tomb Raider and Rampage.  They will suck and word will go on. But Minecraft is coming in 2019, and who knows if Detective Pikachu or Dragon Lair won't do the same. Sonic is chances of becoming 'first good movie based on games' are slipping.

We all know the dangers of rushing things, but did they even started work on the bloody thing?

I think the movie is in development hell. They keep changing the year. They haven't shown us a poster or trailer. The only news we've gotten are just stuff about directors and writers

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe they used so much CG in Sonic Forces it's delayed the movie. Original Films Wikipedia page has Sonic listed for 2018 along with Goosebumps 2 Horrorland. I mean seriously why place it at July or December 2019, why not early 2019 so the wait isn't as long, because Sony movies take like three months to release on DVD after theatrical release. That 2018 release date could've been the Japanese release date and 2019 for the North American release date. The interview announcing the 2018 release date was in Japan, this current interview is a North American interview announcing a 2019 release date. Look at Resident Evil Vendetta also done by Marza (never played the games or watched the movies), correct me if I'm wrong, Wikipedia said the movie release in theaters in Japan in May, came to select theaters in North America in June and DVD and Blu-Ray release in July all in 2017. Same could be with the Sonic movie except for the select theaters part, look at Pirates 5, that premiered in Shanghai, China before releasing in North America, Jurassic World 2 releases a couple of weeks in the UK before the North American release in 2018, Ratchet & Clank release in France before the North American release. Those are just some examples.

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic is chances of becoming 'first good movie based on games' are slipping.

The movie is being handled partly by Sony Pictures. The chances of it being any good are already really low.

• Thumbs Up 3

Who knows what Sony's involvement is. They could just be for distribution for all we know.

5 minutes ago, Clewis said:

The movie is being partly handled by Sony Pictures. The chances of it being any good are already really low.

True, but until we see a trailer we can hope. (And they did make Hotel Transylvania. I don't care what critics said, it was a good movie)

Technically Marza did CG for Sonic Forces and the Sonic movie and also pretty sure they said film series.

4 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Technically Marza did CG for Sonic Forces and the Sonic movie and also pretty sure they said film series.

Marza, like any company, works on different projects at the same time though. Also, you read that wrong. Marza said they wanted to make one animated film a year, not that Sonic will have one film a year.

Also I mention Goosebumps 2 is because its still listed for 2018 with Sonic over at Wikipedia under Original Film. Either it's still coming in 2018 or they didn't get the memo. I also bring up Sly because it's my second favorite video game franchise and update those who are interested. Also both movies I have waited almost 4 years to see.

18 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Also I mention Goosebumps 2 is because its still listed for 2018 with Sonic over at Wikipedia under Original Film. Either it's still coming in 2018 or they didn't get the memo. I also bring up Sly because it's my second favorite video game franchise and update those who are interested. Also both movies I have waited almost 4 years to see.

None of that has anything to do with this movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

2019 does make a bit of sense, I guess. We're in the middle of the year and we haven't heard much about the film. No posers, no photos of the set, no information on actors, nothing. 

36 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

None of that has anything to do with this movie.

Besides the point, let's get back to the Sonic Movie. It's coming in 2019, now 2018 could've been the Japanese release date with it releasing in late 2018 and early 2019 for North America.

So, they delaying the movie to 2019. Well, I guess they delay it just so they have more time to polishing on it more. I just hope that the CGI for the movie is fascinating as these CGI cutscenes.:

35 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Besides the point, let's get back to the Sonic Movie. It's coming in 2019, now 2018 could've been the Japanese release date with it releasing in late 2018 and early 2019 for North America.

It is not coming 2018.. they have just said it's coming 2019.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly until I see some Production stills or hear casting news I'm not even going to believe it's real. Maybe I'm a pessimist here but I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well at least we got Sonic Forces and Sonic Boom remainder of season 2 and upcoming season 3 to hold us over until 2019. The delay sounds similar to the Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper movies, they were announced for 2015 and 2016 but both were delayed. Sonic originally was going to be 2018 and now 2019. 2006 and Shadow CG was done by Blur Studios, Marza did every CG for every game (the movie obviously) after except Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal/Fire & Ice. The movie better not wind up like The Legend of Spyro movie, that we never got in 2009 delayed to 2010. My theory on the movie's plot could be similar to that of the 2015 Goosebumps movie (also done by Sony Pictures Animation) where the film would have lots of villains from the series, in Sonic's case lots of main characters like Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Blaze, Shadow, Silver, Metal, etc. A game to be released alongside the film would be like the ultimate bundle. Or it could be like an origin story like Angry Birds and Ratchet & Clank. Eggman better not be played by a real person, that is the last thing the movie needs (actually the movie doesn't need that). They said we wouldn't have to worry and that the movie would still look and feel like Sonic.