Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, RictalRose0 said:

I don't know about you guys but the recent Netflix produced Castlevania (which is presented as a series but is really more of an OVA or movie) just came out and it was pretty great and faithful to the games. So I don't feel so bad about Videogame movies myself.

At the end of the day it all depends on who is behind the project.  Castlevania worked because the people involved were both compitent writers and actually cared about the property they were making content for. Speaking of which the Castlevania team has also said they would love to do a Metroid animated series as well and lord I hope Nintendo lets them because that would be amazing!

As for the Sonic Movie.  The live action Chipmunks & Smurfs movies have shown us what to expect from Sony and its not anythng good.

Honestly i'm not sure even having Deadpool's director helping out can save it.  But lord I hope i'm wrong because if this is as bad as those or the old la Super Mario Bros. Movie it could be the final nail in the coffin for the franchise to ever be anything other then a joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

As for the Sonic Movie.  The live action Chipmunks & Smurfs movies have shown us what to expect from Sony and its not anythng good.

Please read my post on the top of this page. This point continues to be made even though it's completely invalid. Sony being the studio behind this doesn't mean it has any association to those two films. None of the people responsible for those movies are involved in this production.

1 minute ago, kadybat said:

Please read my post on the top of this page. This point continues to be made even though it's completely invalid. Sony being the studio behind this doesn't mean it has any association to those two films. None of the people responsible for those movies are involved in this production.

They still decide to distribute/fund/promote set movies which is still a problem.  If your brand has put its seal on a subpar film that ztill makes people justifiably weary.

Again it could turn out to be a great movie, I hope it is, but until we get more info or a trailer I will remain cautiously pessamistic.

I think it will be a great movie despite Sony having some terrible movies lately, however there are 4 recent movies by Sony that were actually good. Which tells me that the Sonic 2019 movie will more than likely be a great movie.

Now 3 of these are getting sequals due to their success. Also it seems Sega is stepping up their Sonic story lines (which works out well for the movie) with Sonic Forces according to the new trailer focusing on Infinite. 

What happened to van robichaux he was my main hope for the film being good because he was genuinely a sonic fan who played most of the games. Why did he leave ?

Psrsonally I would'nt call Angry Birds good and Homecoming worked cause it was in the MCU & who directed it. Baby Driver isn't even a kids film.  Goosebumps would be the closest comparison, but even then we still don't know if Sonic or the 2nd GB will turn out well or not.

Again, hoping it does but until we get actual footage will remain weary.

On 7/24/2017 at 5:37 AM, A sonic fan said:

What happened to van robichaux he was my main hope for the film being good because he was genuinely a sonic fan who played most of the games. Why did he leave ?

Where did you hear that Van Robichaux left the movie? I never heard that, As far as I know he is still working on the movie.

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Where did you hear that Van Robichaux left the movie? I never heard that, As far as I know he is still working on the movie.

In the most recent press release they mention 2 entirely different writers than van and the other guy.

46 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

In the most recent press release they mention 2 entirely different writers than van and the other guy.

This is what it says about the writers on the Sonic Wikia page. ``The screenplay, based on a storyline from Evan Susser and Van Robichaux, will be written by Patrick Casey and Josh Miller." Maybe Evan Susser and Van Robichaux wrote the draft while Patrick Casey and Josh Miller will write the final version. Like the Ratchet & Clank movie where TJ Fixman wrote the draft while Kevin Munroe wrote the final version.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how they can pull it off the Live Action/CGI hybrid really well, cause most of the Live Action/CGI hybrid films like the Smurfs were really terrible. Plus if they were going with this, they will have to look for locations to film and will have to get permission to closed streets to film, get extras, get props, and build and decorate sets. All of this cost a lot of money.  So, It's not really easy to film. If they wanted to film at cheaper locations, they could just choose to go to Vancouver or Atlanta and decorate the streets to look like Station Square. So, here hoping they can pull it off real good. 

Anyway, since they have the Fast and Furious producer Neal H. Moritz, and the Deadpool director Tim Miller, I think it's safe to say that there will be a lot of actions in this movie. I could see a scene where Sonic get involved in an street race with some guys and also a scene where Sonic get chased by the police who are trying to take him down. Also, if they put product placement in this movie, I could see a scene where Sonic eating chili dogs at Sonic Drive-in. It would be funny and coincidence to see that happen. There is a lot of possibilities that could happen in the movie. So, I will try be more positive on the movie. I hope this movie is fun and interesting to watch.

So, now that IDW Publishing got the rights to make Sonic comics, do you guys think we will get a tie-in comic book based on the movie? We could also see a game based on the movie. Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just checked the Sony Pictures Animation Wikipedia page, according to the article that there are 3 untitled films releasing in 2020 and 4 movies releasing in 2018, but none for 2019 which is supposed to be when the Sonic movie will release in theaters.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I just checked the Sony Pictures Animation Wikipedia page, according to the article that there are 3 untitled films releasing in 2020 and 4 movies releasing in 2018, but none for 2019 which is supposed to be when the Sonic movie will release in theaters.

>Wikipedia

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I think SPA mentioned that they wouldn't release any animated films in 2019.

What was the reason for that? They release animated films every year, now all of a sudden their not. Of course, I don't think that will affect the Sonic The Hedgehog movie, because it's Not pure animation, it's a CG/Live-Action Hybrid. Now I'm still hoping that 2019 thing was a misprint and that it releases in 2018. Also I just checked the list of Columbia Pictures films and the Sonic The Hedgehog movie, along with other films done by Sony Pictures Animation like the Goosebumps and Angry Birds movie sequels are on that list. So when the Sonic movie releases it will be distributed by Columbia Pictures under Sony and most if not all Columbia Pictures films get home media releases around 3 months after being released in theaters.

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Wikipedia does not update based on new information that suddenly appears, it updates based on what people put on there. It's likely someone forgot to mention the Sonic movie on that page.

I'm hoping this turns out good. I'm a little concerned, but I'll try to stay positive. Hopefully we get more news soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, A sonic fan said:

Welcome to big budget Hollywood motion pictures. Movies can have any number of writers before their released. It happens all the time.

I know these tweets are 5 months old, but I' m not sure have anybody hear about this, but Iizuka did talk a little information about the development of the movie. So, I'm going to leave these out if anybody want to read these. If you want to know where all of this came from, they all came from a interview with Iizuka by a Japanese game magazine called Famitsu which was all translated on the tweets.:

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/10/2017 at 4:59 AM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Sony Pictures Animation have no involvement in this film. The animation is instead being made in-house by Marza.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sir Laptop said:

Sony Pictures Animation have no involvement in this film. The animation is instead being made in-house by Marza.

I already know the animation is coming from Marza and that Sony has no part in making the movie.

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I already know the animation is coming from Marza and that Sony has no part in making the movie.

That kind of raises my hope for the movie.

You know, I could see a chase scene similar to the part in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Generations, where Sonic get chase by the driver of the GUN truck while wrecking havoc, when he try to take him down. If they were going to make a sequel to this, I could see Shadow appear in a post-credits scene to tease the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

really really hope they dont go the sonic x route with this, and use the sonic is in our world idea. especially since its been done before. would rather they make it so that the movie takes place in a world where anthros and humans live together in peace, i think that would be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2