Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I can’t guarantee they would work, but here are some suggestions for voice actors in the Sonic Movie.

Sonic - Zachary Levi

Knuckles - John Demaggio

Amy - Mandy Moore

Rouge - Angelina Jolie

Blaze - Grey Griffin

Eggman - Mark Hamil

Just now, SpongicX said:

I can’t guarantee they would work, but here are some suggestions for voice actors in the Sonic Movie.

Sonic - Zachary Levi

Knuckles - John Demaggio

Amy - Mandy Moore

Rouge - Angelina Jolie

Blaze - Grey Griffin

Eggman - Mark Hamil

Oh man Mark Hamill would be interesting. Is Blaze going to be in the movie?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Oh man Mark Hamill would be interesting. Is Blaze going to be in the movie?

I don’t know, but these were just suggestions, in case they were.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure some of you have hear of this, but I'm not sure if most of you knows this. So, there was this guy on Reddit who claimed to got info on the Sonic movie from his friend. But, I don't know. I don't believe this. I'm not sure if he is making it all up or not. So, I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

If this is some sort of mild adaptation of SA1, then it makes no sense leaving Knuckles out of the movie. Though it is neat using a very obscure character in the movie (Madonna) even though this info is likely fake.

• Thumbs Up 3

*Opens Bag of Salt* Yeah I'm not buying this. It sounds plausible in places but using Madonna? And not only that but using her in a way that's extremely similar to Archie? That's where I'm skeptical.

• Thumbs Up 1

It certainly sounds...interesting, but I don’t buy it either. An ancient echidna civilisation story without Knux seems wrong to me. Then again the random Sonic Wars post last year turned out to be somewhat legit so who knows!!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Sonic Adventure without Knuckles? Yeah right... Fake.

A mainline Sonic game with Original the Character? Yeah right... Fake.

Admittedly I do like the idea of Rouge getting focus outside of being a satellite character with Shadow or Knuckles; however, it's important to take the leak with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Patron said:

A mainline Sonic game with Original the Character? Yeah right... Fake.

Sonic Adventure adaption without Knuckles sounds just strange to me with Chaos and the whole Echidna History. Mocking my post doesn' t change that.

17 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Sonic Adventure adaption without Knuckles sounds just strange to me with Chaos and the whole Echidna History. Mocking my post doesn' t change that.

I'm sorry if it came off that way.

[...] Chaos appears as one of the film's main antagonists. He's kind of like some giant ancient god who's imprisoned in some sunken city off the coast of the island, Eggman ends up freeing him in the second half of the movie and he floods the city. He only appears as a giant monster like the final boss of Adventure. [...]

The draft implies that Angel Island already sank and there's no mention of the Master Emerald. This could be an attempt at soft rebooting Knuckles away from being the keeper, as it always clashed with his involvement in other stories (e.g. "Who's guarding the Master Emerald now?").

• Thumbs Up 3

I think that saving Knuckles for a sequel would be the way to go. But giving Sonic a human partner who will likely end up stealing screen time from him? Hell to the no.

• Thumbs Up 2

57 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I think that saving Knuckles for a sequel would be the way to go. But giving Sonic a human partner who will likely end up stealing screen time from him? Hell to the no.

We all knew there would be an Audience Surrogate. Let's not even act like that wasn't a distinct possibility.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

I think that saving Knuckles for a sequel would be the way to go.

If it's going to be an SA1 Adaptationsaving Shadow for a sequel would make more sense to me at the moment. That way they could tease an SA2 Adaptation.

Sounds kinda dumb and unbelievable. Then again that Larry guy pretty much spoiled forces before we even knew about the game and we all thought that information was too stupid to be true. So who knows.

ummmm...why would Rouge be here and not Knuckles? Wouldn't it be way more practical to have Knuckles as more people would know who he is compared to Rouge? This all doesn't sound too plausible to me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/21/2017 at 4:29 PM, SpongicX said:

Sonic - Zachary Levi

Knuckles - John Demaggio

Amy - Mandy Moore

Rouge - Angelina Jolie

Blaze - Grey Griffin

Eggman - Mark Hamil

Shadow-Troy Baker

Silver-Some random anime dub voice actor.

5 hours ago, ShroomZed said:

ummmm...why would Rouge be here and not Knuckles? Wouldn't it be way more practical to have Knuckles as more people would know who he is compared to Rouge? This all doesn't sound too plausible to me. 

She's here to justify the PG-13 Rating with Sex Jokes.

5 hours ago, ShroomZed said:

As a person who watched one of my favorite super hero side characters get murdered on screen because of the whims of a hack ass director and writer, the idea of someone in charge just arbitrary not liking a character and not including them isn't foreign to me

That said it doesn't sound plausible to me either, because toy and brand money. 

On 11/22/2017 at 12:03 AM, CoolRobo said:

I'm pretty sure some of you have hear of this, but I'm not sure if most of you knows this. So, there was this guy on Reddit who claimed to got info on the Sonic movie from his friend. But, I don't know. I don't believe this. I'm not sure if he is making it all up or not. So, I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

Reveal hidden contents

You know, this actually sounds like a decent idea for a Sonic film. Bring back familiar faces, do creative twists with the concepts and lore that show a lot of research put into the source material, and introduce new faces that don't seem to hog the spotlight. A fresh new twist on a beloved franchise with a lot of love put into it.

So it's obviously fake.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1