Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

As a person who watched one of my favorite super hero side characters get murdered on screen because of the whims of a hack ass director and writer, the idea of someone in charge just arbitrary not liking a character and not including them isn't foreign to me

That said it doesn't sound plausible to me either, because toy and brand money. 

A Rouge plush would still sell quite well.

33 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

A Rouge plush would still sell quite well.

It might but knuckles is like, apart of the squad. The squad being the most popular and most pushed sonic characters. 

Sonic, Tails, Amy,Knuckles, Eggman and shadow and sometimes metal sonic. I have no issue with rouge being pushed, but I feel like knuckles would take priority for that reason alone. 

At this point, I think we should wait till we get a official announcement on the plot. The guy may be right or wrong. Who knows? Yea, it does seem weird to leave Knuckles out of the movie, when he was one of the main characters in the series. So, we will see about this in the future. 

• 1 month later...

I think the Sonic movie team has the idea to make the story as an over-arching plot to lets say a trilogy of movies. This technique could easily work just by looking at MCU and the Jurassic World , Maze Runner or the How to Train your Dragon Trilogies. The first movie could have Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Eggman, Metal, Choas, Shadow, Orbot and Cubot and hint at Infinite's appearance in the 3rd film. The second film could introduce Rouge, Silver and Blaze maybe some events like Shadow having amnesia after his battle with Sonic in the first film, kind of a mixture of Shadow, 2006 and Rush and still allude to Infinite and the Phantom Ruby in the third film. Then have the 3rd film be based on Forces but without Classic Sonic and custom avatar. Now all of this is just my theory for the delay in release, well also the redesigns have to be taken into account. And not to forget for an appearance by Super Sonic and possibly Burning Blaze. Now we could see a trailer for the film sometime in 2018 with 1 of 11 paramount films releasing in 2018, 5 of which release in February and March 2018 so a trailer is most likely then. Now the films release date I would guess would be around June 2019. I also found this link to a website working on the film, dj2 entertainment. On the page you have 2 pictures one being a cover of Sonic 2006 and the other from Sonic Colors. Could this mean that the movie will be a mix of 2006 and Colors? Now the website had a different render of Sonic holding a ring, which is no longer on the website. Now if I'm not mistaken that render was never used anywhere on anything associated with any Sonic game.

https://www.dj2entertainment.com/#/sonic/

You know, I could see Sonic and the others could look like in a realistic environment like these.:

column_04_eye.jpg

column_04_05.jpg

It's too bad that it won't be entirely animated, I would love to see a scene like this. It's looked so beautiful!:

SonicWallpapers.jpg

Fortunately, we already know that Marza will get involved in the animation. While, the Marza producers, Mie Onishi and Takashi Ito will produce the film. One of the producers, Takashi Ito, who produce the Unleashed short film will produce the movie. Maybe the movie will be half decent. So, I guess we will just have to wait to see more updates about the film in the next coming months.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did see a newspaper post from new orleans tribune or something like that from February  2017 I think, anyways it was an article about Van Robichaux,the guy who is in charge of the film, and the article claimed the film will be CG animated, nowhere in the article mentioned a CG/Live-Action Sonic film just a CG animated Sonic film, but the article at the time said Sony Not Paramount because they didn't have the rights at the time. Just found that of interest.

8 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I did see a newspaper post from new orleans tribune or something like that from February  2017 I think, anyways it was an article about Van Robichaux,the guy who is in charge of the film, and the article claimed the film will be CG animated, nowhere in the article mentioned a CG/Live-Action Sonic film just a CG animated Sonic film, but the article at the time said Sony Not Paramount because they didn't have the rights at the time so I think it was from February this year

That's incredibly outdated - it's been established Van Robichaux hasn't been on the film for a long time and as such the direction of the film under Miller and co has likely changed completely - or at least considerably from what he was making. 

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

That's incredibly outdated - it's been established Van Robichaux hasn't been on the film for a long time and as such the direction of the film under Miller and co has likely changed completely - or at least considerably from what he was making. 

I'm pretty sure he's still working on it, according to the Sonic wikia.

5 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I'm pretty sure he's still working on it, according to the Sonic wikia.

The Sonic Wikia is incredibly outdated - likely nobody's bothered updating it re: his involvement because barely anyone cares about the movie enough to do so.

General word of advice - don't take everything you read as gospel just because it's on a Wiki. 

Van could get a "story by" at best right now. Even Sonic news network knows that he isn't writing the current screenplay anymore.

The writer Van no longer work on the script. He said that he is currently writing a script for a sequel to Wedding Crashers according to this tweet, that was uploaded last year.:

This might be a bit unrelated, but it's funny how the former writer of the Sonic Movie visited Paramount Pictures before the movie was moved to them.

So far, we still haven't know much about the movie yet. But with Mania and Forces out, I guess we will see more updates about the movie next year.

14 hours ago, CoolRobo said:

The writer Van no longer work on the script. He said that he is currently writing a script for a sequel to Wedding Crashers according to this tweet, that was uploaded last year.:

This might be a bit unrelated, but it's funny how the former writer of the Sonic Movie visited Paramount Pictures before the movie was moved to them.

So far, we still haven't know much about the movie yet. But with Mania and Forces out, I guess we will see more updates about the movie next year.

In that tweet he mentions the next Transformers film, which there is a Transformers film releasing in 2018. Bumblebee is from Paramount Pictures which releases December 2018, with this big film releasing next year this will probably be the chance we will see the first trailer for the Sonic movie.

59 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

the date was of that tweet was in june

Yeah, 3 days after Sonic's 26th anniversary.

I think the writer was joking on that tweet. Anyway, we already know that he is no longer working on the movie. I was kinda surprised we haven’t got that much news about the film this year. They been awfully quiet about this for long. So far, the only news we got this year about the film is that it was supposed to be released next year, but according to a interview with a Sega representative, it was delayed to 2019. Next, a few months ago, it was announced that it got moved to Paramount after Sony decided to let the rights expired, and put it in a turnaround. Despite the move, most of the production team behind the film remain the same. So, that’s all we got for this year. Here hoping we will finally get more news about the movie, next year. It’s been a while, since the last announcement.

I hope so. If the film were to be released next year, I expect a lot of news about the movie soon.

I know this is old and it doesn't mean anything. I just want to show this that the writer, Van and his partner Evan Susser visited Marza a few years ago. 

On 12/30/2017 at 2:13 AM, CoolRobo said:

One of the producers, Takashi Ito, who produce the Unleashed short film will produce the movie. Maybe the movie will be half decent. So, I guess we will just have to wait to see more updates about the film in the next coming months.

Well, color me hyped with this. The first time I watched Night of the Werehog I thought it would be great to watch a entire movie like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, I found some info about the writers Josh Miller and Patrick Casey who replaced Van and Evan, the previous writers of the film. They seem to mostly collaborate together on a couple of unknown films like Gamebox 1.0, Transylmania, and Dorm Daze. They also worked on a web series called 12 Deadly Days.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1352459/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1351254/

Also, the place Blur Studio where Jeff Fowler and Tim Miller had worked at seem to work on a lot of stuff such as reels, commercials, and  films. Most of the work they had done are video game related. You can find all of their work here by clicking on the link below.

http://www.blur.com/work/

Although they did worked on cutscenes for Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06, but they did were not listed in the site.

The writer Van promised that the film won't be like any other Live Action CGI hybrid movie and that we will be surprised when we get our first look of the film. But, since he left, I'm not sure if they will keep the promise. We will have to wait and see about this.

Maybe the Sonic movie could look like this film released in 2011. It's not complete CG or live action, its a seemless combination of both that blurs the border as Polygon or IGN describes the Sonic movie.

But still I prefer full CG like the Sonic Unleashed opening movie.

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually think we don't need to worry about Sonic and the others getting redesigns. But, I'm worried that we could be getting a realistic Dr. Eggman, like in the two Smurfs movies, the villain Gargamel was realistic, while the other characters in the movie were CGI. So, my best bet is that he could look like this.:

SonicNext_Eggman_Mustache_2006-04-04.jpg

Let's hope he doesn't look creepy. 

What do you guys think of this rumor, some guy claims that forces was supposed to be a tie in game and " leaks " some "plot info "

10 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

What do you guys think of this rumor, some guy claims that forces was supposed to be a tie in game and " leaks " some "plot info "

We already know this leak. I made a post about this on the previous page. Anyway, I think this plot is good, but I don’t trust this leak. The plot seem to be based on Sonic Adventure. It’s just that it feel strange that Knuckles is not in the movie. Well, this is a rumor, so nothing about this is confirmed at this point. 

From a branding perspective, Sonic Team have been pushing Tails, Knuckles, and Amy pretty hard for a while now, and I don't see any one of them being absent unless the film is going to be bizarrely sparing in its use of the Sonic cast.  Shadow stands a strong chance on grounds of sheer popularity, but I can't think of anyone more likely to be held back until the stinger as a sequel hook.

With that said, I can't even begin to predict what this movie might be like.  An adaptation of Sonic Adventure honestly seems like one of the better options, but it could so easily be something completely out of left field.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:20 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I think the Sonic movie team has the idea to make the story as an over-arching plot to lets say a trilogy of movies. This technique could easily work just by looking at MCU and the Jurassic World , Maze Runner or the How to Train your Dragon Trilogies. The first movie could have Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Eggman, Metal, Choas, Shadow, Orbot and Cubot and hint at Infinite's appearance in the 3rd film. The second film could introduce Rouge, Silver and Blaze maybe some events like Shadow having amnesia after his battle with Sonic in the first film, kind of a mixture of Shadow, 2006 and Rush and still allude to Infinite and the Phantom Ruby in the third film. Then have the 3rd film be based on Forces but without Classic Sonic and custom avatar. Now all of this is just my theory for the delay in release, well also the redesigns have to be taken into account. And not to forget for an appearance by Super Sonic and possibly Burning Blaze. Now we could see a trailer for the film sometime in 2018 with 1 of 11 paramount films releasing in 2018, 5 of which release in February and March 2018 so a trailer is most likely then. Now the films release date I would guess would be around June 2019. I also found this link to a website working on the film, dj2 entertainment. On the page you have 2 pictures one being a cover of Sonic 2006 and the other from Sonic Colors. Could this mean that the movie will be a mix of 2006 and Colors? Now the website had a different render of Sonic holding a ring, which is no longer on the website. Now if I'm not mistaken that render was never used anywhere on anything associated with any Sonic game.

https://www.dj2entertainment.com/#/sonic/

I love the idea of a Mcu style sonic movie series but I would make the first movie a loose adaption of sonic adventure and release a game which is essentially like a remake of sa 1 alongside it, then the sequel as a adaptation of sa 2 and again a remake game with it. And lastly an original story with a game with it, 3rd live could include silver but that's just my wishful thinkin.

9 hours ago, CoolRobo said:

We already know this leak. I made a post about this on the previous page. Anyway, I think this plot is good, but I don’t trust this leak. The plot seem to be based on Sonic Adventure. It’s just that it feel strange that Knuckles is not in the movie. Well, this is a rumor, so nothing about this is confirmed at this point. 

Sorry my bad bro.

• Nice Smile 1