Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 02/01/2018 at 5:19 AM, CoolRobo said:

*Squints*

Wait... was Columbia involved at some point? Their logo is right there with the Sonic stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

Sorry my bad bro.

It's fine, just want to remind you, that I already covered it.

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

*Squints*

Wait... was Columbia involved at some point? Their logo is right there with the Sonic stuff.

Well, Columbia was owned by Sony, and they co-produce Sony movies with companies such as Original Film, which is producing the Sonic movie.

On 1/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, CoolRobo said:

I hope so. If the film were to be released next year, I expect a lot of news about the movie soon.

I know this is old and it doesn't mean anything. I just want to show this that the writer, Van and his partner Evan Susser visited Marza a few years ago. 

Does that black box between Shadow and the columbia pictures and Marza logos say SA2? As in Sonic Adventure 2 and does the pictures mean that Shadow and Knuckles will be in the film?

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Does that black box between Shadow and the columbia pictures and Marza logos say SA2? 

No it doesn't. 

Does that black box between Shadow and the columbia pictures and Marza logos say SA2? 

I think that is just a picture of the Original Film logo you talking about.

latest?cb=20151101071644

As in Sonic Adventure 2 and does the pictures mean that Shadow and Knuckles will be in the film?

Well,  I could see Knuckles appearing in the movie, but Shadow, I could see him in a post credits scene and appear in a sequel.

That Shadow render was not created by Marza until the release of Sonic Forces. The last time the render was used was back in 2006 for Sonic 2006, that render seen in that tweet was created by Blur Studios, so why is it there at Marza on a board with Sonic movie logos and other character renders made by Marza? That Sonic The Hedgehog logo is Not the same as on this advertisement for the film.

latest?cb=20170118141254

Also the render for Sonic here is obviously Modern Sonic, but you can't make out any redesigns, now like Sonic 2006 scrapped Sonic model the film version could look like this.

Sonicjuy

I can't remember one good Live Action CGI hybrid film except Paddington which was good, and it is getting a sequel which is already out in most of the world. It still yet to be out in the U.S. which it will be out in January 12. 

I hear that it getting good reviews like the first one. Also, the Spongebob movie which was released in 2015 was a Live Action CGI film, and it was kinda decent, and unlike the first one, the characters were 3D, when they were in the Live Action CGI hybrid scenes.

The first one which was released in 2004 had the characters remain 2D when they were in the Live Action CGI hybrid scenes like this one.

Both of them were decent movies, and they were also both Paramount movies. Since Paramount had the rights to the Sonic movie now, I hope the Sonic movie can be more like these, and hopefully not like Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

36 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I can't remember one good Live Action CGI hybrid film except Paddington which was good, and it is getting a sequel which is already out in most of the world. It still yet to be out in the U.S. which it will be out in January 12. 

I hear that it getting good reviews like the first one. Also, the Spongebob movie which was released in 2015 was a Live Action CGI film, and it was kinda decent, and unlike the first one, the characters were 3D, when they were in the Live Action CGI hybrid scenes.

The first one which was released in 2004 had the characters remain 2D when they were in the Live Action CGI hybrid scenes like this one.

Both of them were decent movies, and they were also both Paramount movies. Since Paramount had the rights to the Sonic movie now, I hope the Sonic movie can be more like these, and hopefully not like Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Agreed, both Spongebob movies were some of the best and funniest movies around. Just hope the Sonic movie will be more like the 2nd Spongebob movie.

I'm curious who they will be casting in this movie. I'm not sure if Mike Pollock will reprise his role as Dr. Eggman, because he is a voice actor, not a actor. I feel like he may get played by some random Hollywood actor.

11 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

does anyone know any upcoming events where it is likely we get news on this movie.

SXSW in March, which is where Sega held Sonic panels for the past 2 years, and staff who are working on the Sonic movie attended both Sonic panels the past 2 years. Then there's E3 in June.

6 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

SXSW in March, which is where Sega held Sonic panels for the past 2 years, and staff who are working on the Sonic movie attended both Sonic panels the past 2 years. Then there's E3 in June.

March seems like a good time think we will probably get a brief plot synopsis and voice actors for the movie there.

• Thumbs Up 1

It does seem likely that we will get movie news at SXSW, since SEGA did attend there for the last 2 years. I’m not sure if SEGA will attend again, but most likely they probably will. So, we will see.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found a SFM Sonic Adventure movie trailer, it's a fan made trailer but the actual Sonic 2019 movie trailer could look like as far as concept. However, it is also posted over in my new topic Full Sonic SFM Movies, where I discuss Sonic game cutscenes as well as Sonic X remade in SFM.

Then there is this teaser trailer for a fan made Sonic film, Sonic Twist of Fate, with animation that looks straight from Marza.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the movie is CGI-Live Action hybrid, this means this would require the production team to do a lot of filming. As you know, It's really hard and expensive to film. You just can't go to some random city and just film there without permission. First, you would need to sent a location scout to find the places to film like these for example.

Spoiler

bay_street.jpg

1.jpg

12.jpg

12.jpg   

1200px-Fivepoints2.jpg

When you find the places you want to film, you need a film permit in order to film in the places that you want to film. A film permit would get streets to shut down for filming. You also need to hiring extras. After that, you have to transform the whole street into whatever city like for example such as Station Square with props like cars and signs. Then, you would have to shoot all the scenes. You also need to shoot some stunts. It's very risky to do stunts, so you probably need CGI or a stuntman, to make it happen. So, it's not easy to film.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Also the render for Sonic here is obviously Modern Sonic, but you can't make out any redesigns, now like Sonic 2006 scrapped Sonic model the film version could look like this.

Sonicjuy

I've always wondered why they didn't just go with this. Instead they decided to make him all weird and lanky. At least they came to their senses and decided to use this design for Unleashed onward.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another theory and possibilty of the Sonic movie trailer releasing is at E3 2018. It is possible that Sega, if they don't show a trailer at SXSW and just hint that we may see something at E3, might attend both events like in 2017, after skipping E3 in 2016. Also the delay from 2018 to 2019, could be that Sega/Sonic Team are working on an unknown Sonic the Hedgehog movie game to release alongside the movie, for example the Ratchet and Clank PS4/movie were both delayed to add extra polish and advertising for both. Now I don't really buy the whole Sonic Forces was a tie-in game rumor because it doesn't make sense to release a game for a movie, 2 years before the film releases. Also that would also have to make Sonic Mania a tie-in game too. A terrible example of a movie tie-in game would be The Incredibles Rise of the Underminer, which takes place right after the first movie and game. Why I bring this up is The Incredibles 2 releases this year, it's plot takes place immediatly after the first film, just like Rise of the Underminer, which is a tie-in game released 10-11 years before the film releases. Then everyone would know the plot of the respective film, that's why I don't beleive Sonic Mania/Forces are tie-in games instead I beleive we will get a movie based Sonic game or we could get a Sonic 2006 remake depending on the story of the film is based as an adaptation or something new.

I also found these 2 quotes from 2 different articles about the film, I will leave links to them.

The plan is to release one movie per year. Pic will focus on Sonic’s rivalry with characters from the vidgame, including his evil nemesis Dr. Eggman. Sonic uses his stature as world’s fastest hedgehog to move at supersonic speed to protect his friends from their enemies.

Follow the antics of Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog. The film will also feature some of the franchise's favorite characters including the evil Dr. Eggman.

Now these 2 quotes or synopsis' say, that it will include franchise favorite characters as well as rivals. The only characters that fit those descriptions would be Shadow, Silver, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Tails and Amy. Now I don't think Blaze is considered a rival, but she is a franchise favorite along with Rouge and Chaos, even Orbot and Cubot. I'd say the film could include all these characters, which would bring the number of characters to 13 (counting Sonic and Eggman, obviously) plus depending on additional characters and robots. Infinite and the Phantom Ruby could have more opportunity in the film to explain Forces story in more detail as well as Shadow's past amoung other things.

Here are the links to the articles with the quotes/synopsis'.

https://www.movieinsider.com/m12754/sonic-the-hedgehog

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/10/confirmed-sony-to-produce-sonic-movie-series-sega-sammy-owned-marza-involved/

On 12/28/2017 at 5:20 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I think the Sonic movie team has the idea to make the story as an over-arching plot to lets say a trilogy of movies. This technique could easily work just by looking at MCU and the Jurassic World , Maze Runner or the How to Train your Dragon Trilogies. The first movie could have Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Eggman, Metal, Choas, Shadow, Orbot and Cubot and hint at Infinite's appearance in the 3rd film. The second film could introduce Rouge, Silver and Blaze maybe some events like Shadow having amnesia after his battle with Sonic in the first film, kind of a mixture of Shadow, 2006 and Rush and still allude to Infinite and the Phantom Ruby in the third film. Then have the 3rd film be based on Forces but without Classic Sonic and custom avatar. Now all of this is just my theory for the delay in release, well also the redesigns have to be taken into account. And not to forget for an appearance by Super Sonic and possibly Burning Blaze. Now we could see a trailer for the film sometime in 2018 with 1 of 11 paramount films releasing in 2018, 5 of which release in February and March 2018 so a trailer is most likely then. Now the films release date I would guess would be around June 2019. I also found this link to a website working on the film, dj2 entertainment. On the page you have 2 pictures one being a cover of Sonic 2006 and the other from Sonic Colors. Could this mean that the movie will be a mix of 2006 and Colors? Now the website had a different render of Sonic holding a ring, which is no longer on the website. Now if I'm not mistaken that render was never used anywhere on anything associated with any Sonic game.

https://www.dj2entertainment.com/#/sonic/

Having a trilogy of movies like the MCU movies would be interesting. I could see GUN appearing in the movie and they could be like the S.H.I.E.L.D. of Sonic. Well you know, S.H.I.E.L.D. and GUN are both military organizations. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

https://www.movieinsider.com/m12754/sonic-the-hedgehog/production#history

According to this website the Sonic film is now in Pre-production as of December 10th 2017, now they don't have any sources listed to verify that it is in Pre-production. But if this is true then a trailer should be coming in the next couple of months, maybe at SXSW in March or E3 2018 in June.

https://stephenfollows.com/far-advance-film-trailers-released/

The graphs in this link also could give us kind of an estimate of when to expect the first trailer for the Sonic movie, my estimate would be about 6-7 months or 145-210 days before release. That's just my estimate for the trailer release, just by basing it on those charts, then again I could've read the graphs wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cool if the Pre-Production info is correct. We could get a poster, teaser or something at SDCC 2018.

26 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Cool if the Pre-Production info is correct. We could get a poster, teaser or something at SDCC 2018.

I forgot about SDCC 2018, if Sega attends this year we could see something. After all they did attend last 2 years with Sonic Forces and Mania.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another example of Live Action/CGI that I found is this Detective Pikachu trailer that was released a few years ago. Everything in the trailer is Live Action except Pikachu who can talk. This might been a bit unrelated, this game is already out in Japan, and will finally come out in the rest of the world on March 23. It's also getting a movie which will come out in the same year the Sonic movie will come out. Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) will voice Detective Pikachu in the movie. The movie will be releasing in theaters on May 10, 2019.

If you think that I'm joking about Ryan Reynolds voicing Detective Pikachu in the movie. I'm not. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Another example of Live Action/CGI that I found is this Detective Pikachu trailer that was released a few years ago. Everything in the trailer is Live Action except Pikachu who can talk. This might been a bit unrelated, this game is already out in Japan, and will finally come out in the rest of the world on March 23. It's also getting a movie which will come out in the same year the Sonic movie will come out. Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) will voice Detective Pikachu in the movie. The movie will be releasing in theaters on May 10, 2019.

If you think that I'm joking about Ryan Reynolds voicing Detective Pikachu in the movie. I'm not. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

In addition to both the Sonic 2019 and the pikachu movies releasing in 2019, did anyone notice that both have cast or crew from Deadpool associated with both films. I'm also beginning to wonder if Nintendo is now trying to expand it's rivalry with Sega into the movie space now, with the mario and pikachu movies.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:23 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Gamebox 1.0

Oh dear, I watched Brutalmoose's video review of that. It's the very definition of a cheesy, lame film. x) I certainly hope that doesn't mean anything as far as the Sonic movie goes...

On 1/4/2018 at 2:52 PM, A sonic fan said:

What do you guys think of this rumor, some guy claims that forces was supposed to be a tie in game and " leaks " some "plot info "

Rumors that have no source need not be posted.