Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

5 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Eggman and maybe the chaotix or/and Rouge for the first movie.

Shadow, Silver and Blaze are sequel material.

The series major star cast include Shadow and Rouge.

Silver and Blaze I agree though.

Meh, all those new mean nothing to me, until we see some official stuff, screenshot at least.

But I agree that Shadow SHOULDN'T be in this movie. (maybe as a cameo, small side role)

Newcomers will want to learn basic, classic Sonic stuff. Shadow's backstory is too confusing for first movie.

Fans who aren't too keen on Shadow will appreciate him not stealing spotlight for once.

And Shadow fans? Should realize that he's too big character, and pushing him into movie that will obviously spent most of it's time selling Sonic as a character, will only do harm to Shadow. He's much better material for sequel. Look at Dark Knight trilogy. First movie did great job establishing Batman, little time on villain (who was connected to his origin anyway). Second movie did great job with Joker, spending considerably less time on Batman. Combining it into one movie would probably end with a mess.

• Thumbs Up 5

This movie has to focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Dr Eggman. Maybe Shadow or some other side character can make a small cameo but it HAS to focus on the Classic cast for sure. And hopefully they won’t shoe horn some OC movie character into it stealing the cast’s spotlight! 

20 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ok, we kinda got some small new info on the movie from Van who used to work on the movie. He say that he hear that the script got some changes and that the movie had become more action focused since Tim Miller join the film.

He also say that filming will start this summer, and that they are deep into the character tests.

He think that filming might start in June or July.

What does character testing mean? 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

What does character testing mean? 

Looking around, I think character tests are like prototype footage, test animation and things like that?  Doubtless there are others better-versed in such matters who may elucidate the term.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ok, we kinda got some small new info on the movie from Van who used to work on the movie. He say that he hear that the script got some changes and that the movie had become more action focused since Tim Miller join the film.

He also say that filming will start this summer, and that they are deep into the character tests.

He think that filming might start in June or July.

Sounds promising!

• Nice Smile 1

Imagine the wonders this movie could do to the franchise if it's good and makes money. A whole generation of kids would be interested in th series and could revive the name of this franchise. If it's bad and sells poorly then there is nothing really to lose.

One thing for sure: Shadow is gonna be the cliffhanger of the movie, the after the credits scene. For a potential sequel.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Here's hoping the 0.01% chance they'll show me something that'll actually make me want to see this movie happen comes true. I guess.

7 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

One thing for sure: Shadow is gonna be the cliffhanger of the movie, the after the credits scene. For a potential sequel.

Maybe, more hope that he's included in all this due to the suggested more action focus. 

My worst fear is that he's included, its all joke fun times and he's the sonic boom version. Nothing wrong with funnin, but there's a balance to it

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Razule said:

How could I trust someone that still says "dope"?

Better than "True dat"

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

13 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

This movie has to focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Dr Eggman. Maybe Shadow or some other side character can make a small cameo but it HAS to focus on the Classic cast for sure. And hopefully they won’t shoe horn some OC movie character into it stealing the cast’s spotlight! 

You right, it's better just to have a simple story about Sonic, Amy, Knuckles and Tails saving the world and fighting Dr. Eggman. Shoehorning too many characters or some random character will be a huge mess. The only other characters besides the five that I could see also appearing are the Chaotix, Cream, Cheese, maybe Rouge, and Big. The only way I could see Shadow in the movie, if he only appear in a post credits scene.

Now, we know when they are going to film, but we don't know where they are going to film? Maybe they will go to cheaper locations like Vancouver, Atlanta, and Toronto to film. I guess we will have to wait to see some official information of where they will be filming.

Except the core cast I think Metal can join (he's basically extension of Eggman) and Chaotix (comic relief, plus kinda-classics)

One theory I have is that they just combine all classic games into one story

Imagine that movie starts with Sonic and Tails saving mobians from Eggman, establishing them as heroes. And Amy is big fan, but they don't think she should join them. Then they learn about his plans on something called "Angel Island" and they fly there, with Amy as stowaway. Rest is Sonic 3, with Amy having key role in convincing Knuckles they the good guys and Metal Sonic in a (semi)finale battle. Only difference that Death Egg never 'crashed' here, was build on Angel Island.

Like I said Chaotix could be there too, representing "villagers". Maybe as "civilians", maybe as sorta lawman that can beat few Badniks, but not whole army of them. Cream and Big could be there too, but I don't see any role they would fill, other then being there (ok, Big can always be comic relief. Heck, he can somehow show up on Angel Island, looking for Froggy or fishing, like his other random camoes).

33 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Except the core cast I think Metal can join (he's basically extension of Eggman) and Chaotix (comic relief, plus kinda-classics)

One theory I have is that they just combine all classic games into one story

Imagine that movie starts with Sonic and Tails saving mobians from Eggman, establishing them as heroes. And Amy is big fan, but they don't think she should join them. Then they learn about his plans on something called "Angel Island" and they fly there, with Amy as stowaway. Rest is Sonic 3, with Amy having key role in convincing Knuckles they the good guys and Metal Sonic in a (semi)finale battle. Only difference that Death Egg never 'crashed' here, was build on Angel Island.

Like I said Chaotix could be there too, representing "villagers". Maybe as "civilians", maybe as sorta police that can beat few Badniks, but not whole army of them. Cream and Big could be there too, but I don't see any role they would fill, other then being there (ok, Big can always be comic relief. Heck, he can somehow show up on Angel Island, looking for Froggy).

I like the idea but I think something completely original would be better than an adaptation of Sonic3K with Amy and Metal Sonic.

2 minutes ago, FairPlay said:

I like the idea but I think something completely original would be better than an adaptation of Sonic3K with Amy and Metal Sonic.

I wouldn't mind something new, but I'm afraid of possibilities. Like Smurfs movie, starring Sonic.

Anybody think there will be a tie in comic for the movie? I mean IDW Publishing had the rights for the Sonic comics. They previously did prequel comics for a couple of films, like these.:

Spoiler

967167.jpgDVPLug_X0AAHNmc.jpgDVPLs78WkAAxaLb.jpgJUN090977_11.jpgDVPLrxgXUAAZxSF.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Anybody think there will be a tie in comic for the movie? I mean IDW Publishing had the rights for the Sonic comics. They previously did prequel comics for a couple of films, like these.:

Hide contents

967167.jpgDVPLug_X0AAHNmc.jpgDVPLs78WkAAxaLb.jpgJUN090977_11.jpgDVPLrxgXUAAZxSF.jpg

Were these comics decent?

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Were these comics decent?

I checked MLP.

In a way, better than movie itself. Definitely improved my enjoyment of the movie and that's all I could ask for.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this tweet is old, but the director of the Sonic movie make a tweet, joking that they make great progress of the movie.

Of course, this doesn’t mean anything. Anyway, we still yet to know more news about the movie. So, guess we will have to wait and see next month for more possible news about the movie at SXSW. I hope the movie is fun, exciting, and action packing movie.

November 15th 2019, neat!!

So, being roughly 1 year and 8 months away from the release date, i think we getting some news on it on this year's SXSW is almost certain...

Right?

• Thumbs Up 4