Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I know Van doesn't work on the movie anymore, and this does not mean anything, but Van hope that there will news about the movie at SXSW.

So, what you guys think? Do you think there will be news about the movie at SXSW?

Also,  kinda unrelated to the topic, he say that his personal take on Sonic that he is like the main character, Maverick from Top Gun which is a good movie from Paramount.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

My apologies for the double post again, but apparently, the Sonic movie will begin filming in Atlanta in July.

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03/04/sonic-hedgehog-cgi-live-action-hybrid-movie-sprinting-towards-july-start-atlanta/

Makes sense. I could see Atlanta stand in for Station Square, Central City or Empire City.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also make sense to film there because I guess it's probably cheaper to film there than New York which is expensive and crowded to film. Atlanta is usually the place where most movies like Spider-Man Homecoming and Baby Driver are usually filmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, does the fact that they’re filming in Atlanta tell us anything about the movie’s story? Like, I assume that they’re not going to Atlanta to just shoot on a bunch of set and green-screens. So, this probably means that the movie will feature a city as a major setting.

Anyone else thinking Station Square?

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Kellan said:

So, does the fact that they’re filming in Atlanta tell us anything about the movie’s story? Like, I assume that they’re not going to Atlanta to just shoot on a bunch of set and green-screens. So, this probably means that the movie will feature a city as a major setting.

I think pretty sure, most likely Station Square.

Also, there were rumours of Junkie XL who could compose the movie score on the article.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Hm, so I guess we're gonna have a city setting. Neat.

What is interesting is that they included this comment:

There have been rumblings that Tim Miller loyalist composer Junkie XL (Deadpool, Max Mad: Fury Road) could end up doing the score for the film, he left Deadpool 2 in solidarity to Sonic producer Tim Miller when left to pursue other projects including a new Terminator film.

While I seriously doubt this will be a thing, it's pretty weird to think that this can be somewhat of a possibility. Especially when the most notable thing he associates with for me is soundtrack for Need For Speed games.

It' very possible that Junkie could do the score. He's really good friends with Tim Miller. Part of the reason he bowed out of doing Deadpool 2 was because of Tim.

Junkie XL would be a HUGE get for this movie. His Deadpool score and Need For Speed would be a great template for Sonic. I could see him composing orchestra versions of classic Sonic music (i.e Green Hill Zone, Death Egg etc) 

And yes, most MCU movies shoot in Atanta because the cost of filming is cheaper there. We should start getting casting news within the next few months.

Really pulling for John Goodman as Eggman.  

• Thumbs Up 3

Uhm... not seeing many comments, I think it's because fans are having a hard time finding things to complain or worry about, mostly because (in my opinion) the movie is in good hands right now. I'm hopeful.

At this point I'd be really surprised if we DIDN'T get a casting announcement at SXSW.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd be pretty let down if Junkie XL is only in it with his orchestral film score style of composing. He has a storied history in electronic and big beat music, much of what would be a pretty great fit for Sonic, so I hope there's more of that than anything. 

6 hours ago, Kellan said:

Filming and producing in Georgia is entirely a matter of cost efficiency and convenience due to state tax credits. My guess is they're setting up shop there to utilize Pinewood Studios. It's pretty likely they'll be shooting on location but if there's any area they'd film in precisely because of sets and green screens, Atlanta would be it, so it isn't something I'd read too hard into. 

• Thumbs Up 3

No shocker, Atlanta has become a big spot for movies and TV shows. A movie was filmed right across from my neighborhood one time ago.

So it's kinda cool the sonic movie is being filmed in my home state.

• Fist Bump 1

For those who don't know who is Junkie XL is. He compose the scores for movies such as 300: Rise of the Empire, Divergent, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Run All Night, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Dark Tower, and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. He also did the score for Deadpool which Tim Miller directed. He also did scores for  the upcoming Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

If this rumor about him composing the score for the Sonic movie is true, it will be funny and coincidence that both he and Tim Miller are both working in the movie after they left Deadpool 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it probably wouldn't be a coincidence.  This isn't so much a rumour as a logical deduction.

7 hours ago, FFWF said:

Well, it probably wouldn't be a coincidence.  This isn't so much a rumour as a logical deduction.

Well, I'm saying this could be a coincidence, because they both worked on Deadpool and leave Deadpool 2. 

Anyway, I'm not really surprised that they choose Atlanta to film, since, we already know it's cheaper to film there and heck, the city become the Hollywood of the South. So, yea, they probably going to transform Atlanta into Station Square for couple of days or weeks to film.

So, anyway, we should expected to get the casting announcements and set photos in the coming months.

While I was reading the article, I noticed this quote.:

Blur is expected to handle the animation on the film.

This quote only mention that Blur will handle the animation for the film. Although Marza wasn't mentioned in the quote, Sega say that the studio is involved in the film according to this tweet.:

• Thumbs Up 2

No Marza, no sell.

They've mastered the art of animating Sonic, you really cannot have a Sonic movie without them.

But a conjunction between Marza and Blur... That'd be interesting, and I'd like to see how they do it. Both studios have done Sonic at one point, so who knows what'll happen?

• Fist Bump 1

37 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

No Marza, no sell.

They've mastered the art of animating Sonic, you really cannot have a Sonic movie without them.

But a conjunction between Marza and Blur... That'd be interesting, and I'd like to see how they do it. Both studios have done Sonic at one point, so who knows what'll happen?

But has Marza ever done work for movies? Blur has history with blockbuster films and realistic animation. Plus they'e already did work for 06 and STH. They're a better fit than Marza imo.

And I wonder if they'e going to take inspiration from the Archie comics? Sonic Universe and thr intial run was amazing (Chaos and the Crown). Also the Sonic Scribes series was great too. For a movie adaption, taking elements from them would be great. (Mobius, Freedom fighters, Sonic's backstory, maybe even Sally and Bunnie etc) 

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

But has Marza ever done work for movies? Blur has history with blockbuster films and realistic animation. Plus they'e already did work for 06 and STH. They're a better fit than Marza imo.

venice_harlock_space_pirate.jpg?w=1000&h

SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN HARLOCK

resident-evil-vendetta-1920a-14982614705

RESIDENT EVIL: VENDETTA 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

Anyone else fear it will be human focused?

Of course it will be human focused.  In any anthro-movie theres always the underdog human kid we the audience need to associate ourselves with cause we just cant connect with animal characters :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Of course it will be human focused.  In any anthro-movie theres always the underdog kid we the audience need to associate ourselves with cause we just cant connect with animal characters.  

The Lion King says hi.

2 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

The Lion King says hi.

Live action/CGI movies I mean.  See Smurfs, Transformers or any of those cliche "transported to the human world" plots.