Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

So according to Wikipedia, this film has been in post-production for quite a while now. so where's a trailer? this actually makes it hard to defend this movie.

Still hoping for the off chance that someone else has the movie licence. Expecting a near useless leak like a pop figure or other odd looking line.

• Way Past Cool 1

1 minute ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The movie releases in November. Trailers are usually released closer to the movie’s release date. 

Even so, a teaser would at least be nice.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Sorry to disappoint guys, but it looks like the only Sonic toy Jakks is showing off is a pinball game.

http://toyfair.vporoom.com/JAKKSPacific/JAKKS-PACIFIC-UNVEILS-NEW-BRANDS-NEW-PRODUCTS-AND-EXCITING-ENTERTAINMENT-COLLABORATIONS-AT-NEW-YORK-TOY-FAIR-2019

....Didn't they say they would reveal the full line at Toy Fair? What the heck

Edit:

They totally did

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190213005007/en/SEGA-America-Taps-JAKKS-Pacific-Global-Toy

I'm guessing they're still going to show some stuff. The We already knew about the Pinball set 

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Sorry to disappoint guys, but it looks like the only Sonic toy Jakks is showing off is a pinball game.

http://toyfair.vporoom.com/JAKKSPacific/JAKKS-PACIFIC-UNVEILS-NEW-BRANDS-NEW-PRODUCTS-AND-EXCITING-ENTERTAINMENT-COLLABORATIONS-AT-NEW-YORK-TOY-FAIR-2019

Link doesn't work to me. Anyway, let's wait until someone posts the line up, any attenders here? 

Still, I assume that movie merch will be for press only, behind closed doors.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The movie releases in November. Trailers are usually released closer to the movie’s release date. 

100% true, I keep saying this.

Be patient. We're likely not getting a trailer until a couple of months (probably May).

1 hour ago, RedNether said:

So according to Wikipedia, this film has been in post-production for quite a while now. so where's a trailer? this actually makes it hard to defend this movie.

Wait until May. 

16 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

I wonder if they have a sequel in mind? Or whether they just planned the movie as a one off? 🤔 Too early to tell I suppose. 

I think Paramount said they want to turn it into a franchise. Depends I guess, if screenings and buzz are positive, they could be working on a sequel immediately, like with Pikachu they are already confident it's good they are working on another movie, a direct sequel. So... I would say let's wait until box office news.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

That's interesting, I didn't know that. So hopefully with that in mind they really have put a lot of time and effort into setting up the sonic universe in the film. 

I think they did! Although it's early to say, I think the crew and producers, actors really believe in the movie. Unlike Sony, where this was in development hell for a long time and they even miscalled Sonic as a "hedgedog" lol, Paramount seems confident in the blue blur. Let's hope it does good, I've been waiting for an action based adaptation of Sonic for a long time. Plus I was a Sonic X fan.

47 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

Goodness gracious almighty I pray that they don't make sequels to this. It's more than bad enough that we got a live-action Sonic movie instead of a fully animated Sonic movie in the first place, and that SEGA's brain-dead executives are screwing over this franchise by making abyssal decisions such as green-lighting this monstrosity.

Sonic's reputation has already hit rock bottom at this point. We really don't need it to go even lower.

He’s already tunneling to the earth’s core. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There will be a sequel if the movie makes good bank, even if the reception is bad. Look at Transformers and Venom. 

A sequel with a hefty budget will ensure more of Sonic's supporting cast appearing, and we'll probably actually get a movie that takes place on Mobius and not the real world. I might get excited for that one. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

So urm... can anyone from Russia verify this poster is real?

Because that would be very interesting if true.

• Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, Sonicfan7 said:

A sequel with a hefty budget will ensure more of Sonic's supporting cast appearing, and we'll probably actually get a movie that takes place on Mobius and not the real world. I might get excited for that one. 

A sequel would probably use the same character design as this movie, so we would get a super realistic looking Mobius..and I just don't see a point to that, at all.

So far everything regarding this movie only made me think: "Be careful what you wish for."

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

A sequel would probably use the same character design as this movie, so we would get a super realistic looking Mobius..and I just don't see a point to that, at all.

So far everything regarding this movie only made me think: "Be careful what you wish for."

Bringing Mobius to life would be amazing. Think GOTG - which is what a live-action Sonic movie should look and feel like. 

11 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Think GOTG - which is what a live-action Sonic movie should look and feel like. 

Unpopular opinion I know, but a live-action Sonic movie shouldn't look like anything, because it's a stupid idea IMHO.

The kind of style I would like to see a Sonic movie in is something similar to Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron:

But of course that would mean going back to an older style, which is of course a big no-no in big budget movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since, the movie is being produced by the producer who is producing the Fast and the Furious movies, S.W.A.T., 21 Jump Street, Vantage Point, and The Green Hornet. I’m expecting the action to be like these. BTW, in the scene from S.W.A.T., the driver of the white Land Rover was actually the producer.

Spoiler

Edited by Strickerx5
Put all 13 videos in a spoiler tag as to not slow down the page for everyone
  • Thumbs Up 1