Mayor D

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules)

18 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Right, through a licensed Halloween costume aka merchandising. Same deal as toys basically 

TMNT-mike.jpg

Mate, we are on the same team here. No need to get snappy. 

Trust me... my entire being wants to see the movie design. 

So, on the subject of the design, though I'm fairly positive I won't like the final design no matter what it ends up being I do hope regardless that it does fully eschew from anything cartoonish. The idea that this is supposed to be a real world possible Sonic loses more and more validity with the more cartoonish elements that it keeps. Frankly, If you feel the need to keep any cartoonish elements you start to defeat the point of trying to make something that can be believed to be real world possible at which point you shouldn't have bothered. Already though the silhouette is demonstrating a number of problems in this regard such as his head being larger than his torso which defies real world anatomy and believability of the circulatory system, and of course the fur covered quills implying that they are feather bird feather quills (calamus) and thus a collection of feathers or that they are some form of tendrils or tentacles growing out of the back of his head instead of a group of smooth hairless quills pressed together to create the iconic shape.

Spoiler

As I've said before, a hedgehog's quill is a single barb that extends from the root in the skin

quilla.jpg

and are not fuzzy or covered in fur. 

A fuzzy or hair covered quill is more apt description of a bird feather

Bird_Biology-feather_types_wing_down_tai

Hopefully they stopped themselves at those mistakes and did not make anymore with trying to make a believable real world possible design. I'm still not buying it myself since Sonic typically eschews realism as it is, but if that is your goal you need to go all the way lest you defeat your intentions before you even get off the blocks.

6 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

If you feel the need to keep any cartoonish elements you start to defeat the point of trying to make something that can be believed to be real world possible at which point you shouldn't have bothered.

Either they want to have their cake and eat it too, or want to go with a "please everybody" attempt...which never works.

Whats up fellas, Im new here. 

Just want to chime in and say that i hope the score has some callbacks to songs from the games. Like when they inevitably show green hill zone, have a sweeping orchestral version the the iconic song. That would be cool.

2 minutes ago, sucram_h said:

Whats up fellas, Im new here. 

Just want to chime in and say that i hope the score has some callbacks to songs from the games. Like when they inevitably show green hill zone, have a sweeping orchestral version the the iconic song. That would be cool.

Me too buddy. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack 

Just now, Demondeano18 said:

Me too buddy. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack 

i hope to god they don't put in current pop songs or anything like that. A new vocal theme by Crush 40 would be ideal

I wonder if we'll get McDonald's or Burger King toys for the movie lmao (if anyone else says "ew", "I wouldn't want them to support such a horrible fast food place", I already said it for you, even though I personally don't care if they do that).

20 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I wonder if we'll get McDonald's or Burger King toys for the movie lmao (if anyone else says "ew", "I wouldn't want them to support such a horrible fast food place", I already said it for you, even though I personally don't care if they do that).

Or maybe Sonic Drive-In? Well, you know they had chili dogs, and that probably might be a perfect opportunity for them to partner with Paramount Pictures. They did toys before, like these.:

Photo_2.jpg

Oh, on an unrelated note, Paramount Pictures which is the distributor of the movie, actually did partner with Sonic before, a few years ago.:

unnamed-jpg.27730116

unnamed%2B%25281%2529.png

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Or maybe Sonic Drive-In? Well, you know they had chili dogs, and that probably might be a perfect opportunity for them to partner with Paramount Pictures. They did toys before, like these.:

Photo_2.jpg

Oh, on an unrelated note, Paramount Pictures which is the distributor of the movie, actually did partner with Sonic before, a few years ago.:

unnamed-jpg.27730116

unnamed%2B%25281%2529.png

I frequently get commercials for Sonic (The restaurant) before videos about Sonic (The Hedgehog), though that's probably just some automated result of SEO.

Also, if we do get a collaboration, please don't give those two hipsters in the car a cameo in this movie.  Unless it's a car Sonic the Hedgehog knocks flying while speeding through San Francisco; then I would tolerate it.

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Fingers crossed that we get a reveal today. 

Agreed.  Even if we don't, though, I'm interested in seeing what Jakks has in store for the series.  Not necessarily optimistic based on the first previews, though.

6 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Perfect opportunity for a movie-tie in game. 

sonic.jpg

So according to Wikipedia, this film has been in post-production for quite a while now. so where's a trailer? this actually makes it hard to defend this movie.

1 minute ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The movie releases in November. Trailers are usually released closer to the movie’s release date. 

Even so, a teaser would at least be nice.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Sorry to disappoint guys, but it looks like the only Sonic toy Jakks is showing off is a pinball game.

http://toyfair.vporoom.com/JAKKSPacific/JAKKS-PACIFIC-UNVEILS-NEW-BRANDS-NEW-PRODUCTS-AND-EXCITING-ENTERTAINMENT-COLLABORATIONS-AT-NEW-YORK-TOY-FAIR-2019

....Didn't they say they would reveal the full line at Toy Fair? What the heck

Edit:

They totally did

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190213005007/en/SEGA-America-Taps-JAKKS-Pacific-Global-Toy

I'm guessing they're still going to show some stuff. The We already knew about the Pinball set 

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Sorry to disappoint guys, but it looks like the only Sonic toy Jakks is showing off is a pinball game.

http://toyfair.vporoom.com/JAKKSPacific/JAKKS-PACIFIC-UNVEILS-NEW-BRANDS-NEW-PRODUCTS-AND-EXCITING-ENTERTAINMENT-COLLABORATIONS-AT-NEW-YORK-TOY-FAIR-2019

Link doesn't work to me. Anyway, let's wait until someone posts the line up, any attenders here? 

Still, I assume that movie merch will be for press only, behind closed doors.

44 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The movie releases in November. Trailers are usually released closer to the movie’s release date. 

100% true, I keep saying this.

Be patient. We're likely not getting a trailer until a couple of months (probably May).