Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

31 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

It's not that far off from the Knuckles stuff from the Adventure games lmao

Maybe not aurally.  Thematically?  Yes; it's pretty far off. "Gangsta's Paradise" is a bleak and realistic deconstruction of tropes some more famous rappers arguably made sound glamorous.  Knuckles' raps are some combination of machismo and honor, but there's no talk of illegal behavior in a positive or negative light.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Maybe not aurally.  Thematically?  Yes; it's pretty far off. "Gangsta's Paradise" is a bleak and realistic deconstruction of tropes some more famous rappers arguably made sound glamorous.  Knuckles' raps are some combination of machismo and honor, but there's no talk of illegal behavior in a positive or negative light.

Well, when you deconstruct the song like that, yeah - you have a point. Still, it could be a play on the movie being a parody of the "Buddy cop" trope. I think it works and gives the movie a unique flavor. These are the guys that made Deadpool after all 

16 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

Gangsters paradise? lol
Out of all the amazing songs in the sonic libary they could use, they decide to go with gangers paradise by coolio. Brilliant! lol

I must admit, It wouldn't surprise me at this point if he is telling the truth..

So, possible trailer drop this friday then?

It’s possible that he could be trolling just to get attention. I don’t know. I would take this with a grain of salt. I will only believe it, when I see it, if he had proof, that he had actually seen the trailer.

Also, it’s possible, we might actually get the trailer this Friday, since How to Train Your Dragon 3 is also released on that day.  According to some people, they say that we might see the trailer before How to Train Your Dragon 3. I guess we will have to wait and see if that is actually become true.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can absolutely imagine this being true. Trying to appeal to the Fast and the Furious crowd.

Tbh though, it's probably not gonna be the Sonic movie any of us want but it probably will be pretty successful. If it's a PG-13 action comedy from FATF and Deadpool with a big name like Jim Carrey attached it's going to be a bigger hit that a CGI SegaSonic movie that the fan community want. I get why they're doing it. I'm still excited for it. Movie universe can be it's own canon. I just hope it isn't a massive piece of shit.

Screenshot_20190218_095327_com.twitter.android.jpg

I'm throwing ten bucks Sonic will do the flossing eventually. I mean, gotta appeal to what kids today are into. Maybe Sonic could be an youtuber.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

48 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm glad they're making the worst decisions ever for this movie, even trailer music choice. Can't wait.

This is proof that people just want Sonic to fail and die, you are glad that the movie is terrible. Great wording.

Anyway, I find it hilarious and curious that when a rumor is positive it must be a Conspiracy, while when it's negative and catastrophic, everyone jumps to conclusions and is naive to believe it :P

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

9 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

This is proof that people just want Sonic to fail and die, you are glad that the movie is terrible. Great wording.

Anyway, I find it hilarious and curious that when a rumor is positive it must be a Conspiracy, while when it's negative and catastrophic, everyone jumps to conclusions and is naive to believe it :P

No it ain't proof of anything. The movie Sonic could die as far as I'm concerned. Can it before it's too late. I still have high hopes for Mania and even a tiny bit of hope for a good Modern Sonic game. But this movie? Oh boy, no. I wanna see it bomb hard and picture SEGA saying to themselves: "well that was a waste of money. Should've made a Mania sequel or a full lenght cartoon instead."

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm throwing ten bucks Sonic will do the flossing eventually. I mean, gotta appeal to what kids today are into. Maybe Sonic could be an youtuber.

That would be hilarious. 

24 minutes ago, Jango said:

No it ain't proof of anything. The movie Sonic could die as far as I'm concerned. Can it before it's too late. I still have high hopes for Mania and even a tiny bit of hope for a good Modern Sonic game. But this movie? Oh boy, no. I wanna see it bomb hard and picture SEGA saying to themselves: "well that was a waste of money. Should've made a Mania sequel or a full lenght cartoon instead."

I know. That's what you said. I respect it but I find it destructive and not a real criticism "I don't care, I want to see it flop even though we don't know a thing about it yet". Whatever, anyway who said the classic cartoon is not happening?

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Watch this movie make over 300m at the Box-office and spawn a franchise. :D

Transformers did that.

The Transformers movies were still pretty goddamn ass. The same goes for something like The Emoji Movie. 

I'm not a Paramount shareholder so I'm not arsed how much money it makes, I just want something good.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Transformers did that.

The Transformers movies were still pretty goddamn ass. The same goes for something like The Emoji Movie. 

I'm not a Paramount shareholder so I'm not arsed how much money it makes, I just want something good.

Now this is more reasonable. It doesn't have to be a shit movie & box office hit, it should be a hit AND a good movie. This is what I hope. Also, I wouldn't be so sure that it will be a hit because it's too early to say, it's just too early to be confident that it will be good or it will be shit. That's what I think.

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Watch this movie make over 300m at the Box-office and spawn a franchise. :D

Domestic or worldwide?

11 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Transformers did that.

I want something good too. I have enough faith in the people behind this movie to believe the movie will be WELL-MADE objectively. Now whether it will be a good *Sonic movie* is going to be subjective.

9 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Domestic or worldwide?

Worldwide. As long as the marketing budget is not over 60m -- 300m+ will be considered a success. 

400m and a sequel will be greenlit the week after its 4th week like TMNT 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I wouldn't trust ZealousFox fellow. Considering he's the same person who tried to call SEGA's customer service department to try to get Ian Flynn fired from the IDW comics because he wasn't enjoying them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, Zealous is pretty much the epitome of dense. In addition to what Deji said he's just... not a nice or even remotely good person. Him calling others "bitter" is the height of irony. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

So it's basically the dirty speaking of the badly washed lol

Well, one thing is for sure, this ain't gonna sit right with most people when it's finally fully revealed, perhaps even with those that right now are still optmistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Thematically?  Yes; it's pretty far off. "Gangsta's Paradise" is a bleak and realistic deconstruction of tropes some more famous rappers arguably made sound glamorous.

Could it be?  The producers of the Sonic movie, working on a product without understanding the source material?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

I say let's wait until a trailer drops, then we can agree if it sucks, I don't want to defend what's bad. I just hope it will be good based on the news we got and cast and crew. That's why I'm positive so far. But I can't help but feel like some people will hate it no matter what we get, and if that's okay for them it's okay for me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

4 hours ago, Jango said:

The sadest thing is I can totally see that happening.