Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

38 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Who? What? Why?

Some guy who played some other stuff, like Leonardo in the new TMNT series, and Dewey in the Ducktales reboot. 

If Modern Sonic was remotely as respected as apologists here insist then his best performing game both commercially and criticially in recent time wouldn't be Sonic Mania (which can be summed up as "Remember when Sonic was good? Yeah, this game is like that then."). This whole narrative that there are hordes who'll run to watch a Sonic movie regardless of how his low approval rankings over the year is nothing other than the same old apologism. Especially since Transformers never really became a laughingstock like Sonic did.

1 hour ago, Lahsuwu said:

Not sure which one to believe. Small town or trip across the states?

A road trip would probably be more fun. If the focus was to get us familiar with the area and the people living in it so that we'd care about the people being saved during whatever will happen in the climax, a small town might work better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lahsuwu said:

Both. We've already seen that "Green Hills" will be the small town in the movie. What's happening is people compiling different sub-plots into different synopsis.

And on an unrelated note: 

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1027727109635039232?s=09

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Lahsuwu said:

It starts out in a small town and then becomes a road trip buddy movie is my guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still don't care about this film, but Sonic's casting is the first positive thing to come out of it. I'm happy with Roger Craig Smith as his VA, but if they're going a different direction in the film work Been Schwatz instead, so be it. What I've heard of his other roles make it sound like he'll be a decent Sonic.

The movie is still gonna blow, but at least I can say something positive about it. And cause I'm still pretty much paying no attention to it on the whole, so we know yet of other Sonic characters will feature, or will it only be Sonic, Eggman and random non game people?

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

And cause I'm still pretty much paying no attention to it on the whole, so we know yet of other Sonic characters will feature, or will it only be Sonic, Eggman and random non game people?

It's looking like that. Nothing about anyone else yet.

They should not introduce like...every character on one movie. Do just like MCU does, introduce each character or two on each movie. 

1 hour ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

They should not introduce like...every character on one movie. Do just like MCU does, introduce each character or two on each movie. 

Perhaps this is why we have Jim Carrey, a origin of the good doctor and Sonic.

Could explain the governement plot too (a genetics experiment gone horribly wrong!)

Lame? Yes

Cliche? You bet!

Still kind of better than the story in Sonic forces though :P

In fact let me roll with that:

In a world where the environment is in danger of mankinds pollution, a sinister government experiment on animals goes terribly wrong!

One hedgehog must escape and save the planet but he needs a little help.

(cue to Sonic making a joke)

Officer Tom will help him escape the sinister Green Hill laboratory and into the journey of a lifetime!

(cue epic music!)

This summer come see the epic adventure of:

SONIC THE HEDHEHOG!

(cue sonic joke!)

Man if only Don LaFontaine could have read that... If you dont know who he was watch how good he was, he was able make even the worst movies sound epic:

I want Sonic to be extraterrestrial In origin because it allows them to explore his backstory and explain where all of the animal people come from in the sequels as well as expand on the lore of his home world. If Sonic is a lab experiment then Tails, Amy and Knuckles will have to be as well....

4 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I want Sonic to be extraterrestrial In origin because it allows them to explore his backstory and explain where all of the animal people come from in the sequels as well as expand on the lore of his home world. If Sonic is a lab experiment then Tails, Amy and Knuckles will have to be as well....

Aliens works too, just being as cliche as possible and aliens would be next on the list 😁

After that time travel then IN SPACE!!!!!!

• Fist Bump 1

I'm definitely getting more and more excited for this movie as time goes on. I was already going to go see it regardless because it's Sonic, but man, I'm starting to get a bit more hyped now~

• Thumbs Up 1

Fucking Damien Darhk is in this movie, woah, he's definitely either GUN or Government, he is a super good actor, don't worry!

As for the synopsis, perhaps we can put together a real plot by merging the descriptions we have been given? First of all, I'm glad the rings are being used, they never are, but yeah they could have used the emeralds instead, it could have made more sense.

Sonic is most likely hidden in Green Hills town by Tom as the government is chasing after him, then Sonic is exposed to the world and goes on a quest with Tom to find his rings in San Francisco, in a race against Robotnik (notice not Eggman) and the government. Yeah you can tell this plot sounds ridiculous and I love it somehow xD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Maybe Sonic is trying to get back his rings so he can use the chaos Emeralds so he can use his super form? Since those require rings? :) also just made an account here since I'm so hyped for this movie!!! 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Aliens works too, just being as cliche as possible and aliens would be next on the list 😁

After that time travel then IN SPACE!!!!!!

Well, they could do an adaptation of Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed in part 3 with Silver coming back in time to kill Sonic because he believes that Sonic is the one who triggers Dark Gaia to wake up from his slumber and destroy the planet. Dark Gaia doesn't just slowly rip the planet open but when he awakens, thousands of little parasites jump off of him ala the Cloverfield monster and Sonic/friends have to help the military. This gives us the chance to see a team battle like the Avengers. Throw Blaze in there too and have an action-packed movie on the scale of Avengers. 

avengers-infinity-war-1511963659.png?w=7Picture this but with Sonic in the front, Tails and Rouge flying in the back, Espio, Shadow, Blaze, Amy and Knuckles from left to right. :P I'm getting ahead of myself but still, so much potential.

9 minutes ago, xXDestiny said:

Maybe Sonic is trying to get back his rings so he can use the chaos Emeralds so he can use his super form? Since those require rings? :) also just made an account here since I'm so hyped for this movie!!! 

Welcome! :D

• Way Past Cool 1

18 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Now anway, what are the chances that Neal McDonough is playing some Government official who wants to capture Sonic. 

Best. Sonic. Ever.

All I'm hearin from this is a character from the new Ducktales.

I don't know why people keep sharing clips of Dewey from Ducktales '17. Yes, this is the voice actor for Sonic in the movie. He's also playing a duck who is also meant to be a child, hence the higher pitch and squeakiness. What works for Dewey does not automatically carry over to Sonic, and to be absolutely frank, I have found every comparison to Dewey to sound absolutely atrocious. Not because of the voice actor, because I actually quite like him as Dewey in Ducktales '17, but you're trying to shove the voice of a child into someone who's meant to be a teenager. It doesn't fit whatsoever and comes off as absolutely silly. 

At least compare him to Leo from Rise of the TMNT considering that's at the very least closer in terms of voice and pitch for a teenage role. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If they were holding auditions with different actors for Sonic's voice then that confirms Roger was never even approached for the movie.. Similar to Mike Pollock

• Thumbs Up 2