Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

This guy makes a lot of good points

I'd also add:

- Patrick Casey is more of a fan of the classic games

- Sonic is much shorter

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Apparently, according to the documents from the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District, they will be filming in five different locations around Callaghan Valley near Whistler.

Source: https://www.slrd.bc.ca/inside-slrd/notices/other-notices/notice-filming-callaghan-valley

Now thats what Im talking about.  Sonic running in vast open spaces with lush forests, rivers, and mountains.  If they pull that off, it will look gorgeous. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 3

13 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Now thats what Im talking about.  Sonic running in vast open spaces with lush forests, rivers, and mountains.  If they pull that off, it will look gorgeous. 

Imagine him just letting loose and having fun there. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Imagine him just letting loose and having fun there. 

Yeah, maybe theyll CG a loop? 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The Sonic Movie to be filmed in Callaghan Valley starting next Wednesday.

Jim Carrey is going to be filming on Wednesday? WE FINALLY GET TO SEE EGGMAN! :D

• Thumbs Up 5

16 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Yeah, maybe theyll CG a loop? 

Yup. An oddly shape hill that resembles a loop and Sonic feels sad and nostalgic at the same time because "Oh man, we have these everywhere where I come from. I miss home, Tom." 

It could just be a very beautiful scene. I'm reminded of this 

At 2:28. Imagine that but with Sonic.

Or even a live action version of the Sonic CD intro

(P.S I chose this version cuz I like the remix of the Boom song)

Him just letting loose and finally getting to free roam, running past all of the wild life. Running on the water. We can finally get a taste as the audience, what its like to be him. Why he loves adventure; why he loves to run. Why he loves freedom.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

How do you guys feel about Sonic breaking the 4th wall in the movie? While I do want a serious story, I'd also love to see Sonic literally look at the viewer and make some snarky comment about the abusurdity of the scene he is in, or mock how video game movies almost always suck or even poke fun at the Sonic franchise itself. Really showcase his 'attitude' as never before.

Also, I'd like to hear OffSpring's 'Original Prankster' in the trailer. (Fitting given the juvenile deliquent plot)

You can't give a work any credit for being self-aware if it's not better than any of the things it makes fun of, and god knows this film won't be.

Anybody think which of Eggman's robots could appear in the movie? His robots might be something similar to these.:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120217135309latest?cb=20140126144838latest?cb=20101125193119latest?cb=20140126145413latest?cb=20120515135739latest?cb=20120515132840latest?cb=20140823123429latest?cb=20120218115441latest?cb=20141004104123latest?cb=20120914153906latest?cb=20120515140246latest?cb=20120303171322136984a9b381e28b856692dc6b3dadb8.jpglatest?cb=20101125193916latest?cb=20140823145739

latest?cb=20101021010158latest?cb=20120515132504latest?cb=20120303172415

Maybe some of the recurring enemies from the games like the Buzz Bomber, the Motobug, and the Egg Pawn could also appear in the movie.:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150302183613 latest?cb=20141107163834latest?cb=20160724120254

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't see why some forgotten and generic bots from a blacklisted game would appear in the movie over the Egg Pawns that very much suits Eggman's egotistical agenda.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I can't see why some forgotten and generic bots from a blacklisted game would appear in the movie over the Egg Pawns that very much suits Eggman's egotistical agenda.

Because they're more realistic, and people won't take this movie about a supersonic talking blue hedgehog seriously unless it's realistic!

Sonic '06 was essentially an attempt to create a Sonic movie based on the contemporary franchise philosophy, right down to really being about Sonic's human co-star.  I wouldn't be surprised to see any of its decisions echoed by an actual movie based on a human-centric vision of the series.

I'm betting it'll be badniks. As said previously, Sonic is short, the production team seem to be Classic Sonic fans, and honestly, though this is slightly cynical, badniks are more marketable and "iconic" than Egg Pawns. Never liked Egg Pawns myself, but remember, Sonic isn't just a series for children - it was loved by kids in the 90s who've grown up. This film has to appeal to those people too - many of whom will have kids. They could very well have both though, ala Forces and Lost World. I think something closer to the Egg Robos than Egg Pawns will show up if that does happen.

14 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Blacklisted by who. 06 has plenty of fans. Disappointed but stillfsns of that direction.  and depends on how much a threat eggman is. If you want me to fear and run I'd be more afraid of 06s bots. If you want to make me weary and simply outpace your boys then classic badniks

• Nice Smile 1

If Egg Paws are to appear, they'll probably be redesigned as well to fit the live action aspect.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Blacklisted by who.

Probably by SEGA, i know they use a lot of references to the bad aspects of the game, but i don't think they'll use models from that game in their big movie project, as fitting as they may be.

• Nice Smile 1

Now, this topic went silence since they start filming. I guess I need to liven up this topic by making another "Sonic In Real Life" picture. Any ideas?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

Now, this topic went silence since they start filming. I guess I need to liven up this topic by making another "Sonic In Real Life" picture. Any ideas?

Sonic on top of a dumpster fighting off an enemy.

51 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Sonic on top of a dumpster fighting off an enemy.

I'll see what I can do. 😉

BTW: I'm bored so I check your dA, Surprisingly, you fave one of my Blaze's pic.